GT Sport Season 11 Division 5 - Sponsored by PAGNIAN

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Quali:
    [​IMG]
    Race results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap times:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    What an awesome race! Made a vid, i'll do a write up tomorrow, time to go make school lunches now.

3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Thanks for the season boys :)
  4. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  5. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Thanks for the season all,
    We never had less than 14 on the starting grid all season, awesome attendance, I only wished we got a full 16 car grid again like we had in round 1:roflmao:. Lobbies all went smooth no lag issues only inconvenience was when @Tristan Jones had his update run late at round 6 but he kept us informed and the delay was only 5 minutes:thumbsup:. Little stressing at the times we had 3-4 reserves and trying to find out if they have a spot or not but it worked out in the end.
    Hope to see you all back in Season 12.
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  6. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Nice job running the room ...and big congrats
  7. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    Hey Sorry could make the last race for the season but I know I will be back for next one so I hope to see you all on track again looking forward to getting some closer racing I had fun this season so hope that it just as great next one thanks again guys
    Matthyus and Tristan Jones like this.
  8. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Going into the race with the title already wrapped up I didnt do much practice, luckily Saturdays FIA Manufactures cup was at Interlagos so the track was still pretty fresh in my mind.
    I surprisingly didnt score a pole in the first 6 races so coming into the final qualifying of the season I was determined to get one. After my two laps I was on pole by half a second ahead of @scottb721 but a few cars got a 3rd shot which i dismissed as i thought that on what would be their 4th lap on their tyres that they wouldn't improve, so i looked away from the screen until the race started. To my surprise a PNL car of @ControllaGod was actually in front of my car once the race showed the starting grid, also @Blunty075 had improved to 3rd too.
    This didnt bother me too much as my strategy was 2 stop fuel save so being in the slip stream was a benefit I also wasn't going to defend too hard from any attackers to help preserve tyres. On lap 3 i made a mistake out of T10 and Scott got past but 5 laps later he made the same mistake I did and I got back past, this left me in the lead until start of lap 10 where @Slartybar got past me into T1 after I ran a little deep. After first stop came out into a battle with @Tristan Jones, Blunty & @fezza again wasn't overly aggressive in trying to overtake and just kept in the slipstream. Jonesy pitted lap 14 and Blunty made a mistake on Lap 15 which left me and Fezza but he also pitted lap 15 so I was left in the lead, Pitted again on lap 20 and came out 4th just behind Jonesy and Controlla and slarty in the lead about 4 seconds up the road but I knew all 3 needed to stop again which Jonesy and Slarty did on lap 21 and Controlla on lap 22 and from there I just cruised to the checkered flag in first...
  9. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Well done mate. I too wanted to do well in the last race but unfortunately it all fell apart with 2 laps to go and I was quite devestated. I was planning on doing a 1 stop and starting 3rd made this a real possibility. But for reasons beyond me I lost traction around lap 5 and caused unneeded damage to my tyres. A few laps fter my first pit it happened again at T1 and I lost a chunk of time and a number of positions. Both time I wasn't sure why because I wasn't pushing the car. Anyway I kept plodding along with the intent of not losing traction again, then with approx 5 laps to go I found myself in a good position a could quickly tell some cars in-front of me were hurting with tyres and knew I should get by a few fairly easy and finish in the top 5. I got myself into 3rd with 2 laps to go and was feeling fairly confident that I'd finish in 3rd. Unfortunately that was short lived and I was quickly eating a wall and dropping down to 9th. I nearly just quit, but I didn't want to let my team mates down any further than I already had.
    I've learn't alot during my first season and looking forward to the next season, hopefully I can perform better using everything I've learn't in Season 11.