ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 11 Hungaroring 2x 30 minute Sprint Cup

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 27, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 11 of the season will be next Monday June 1st and is the 6th Sprint cup round, with 2x 30 minute sprint races in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds.
    [​IMG]

This will have a 10 minute midrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session before each race. There will be a 5 minute practice session between races to give people a small break between sessions. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you don't start with enough.
    Time scale will be 2x as the real sprint rounds are 1hr races, session times will be as below.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Friday 3pm)
    Qualifying 1, 10 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 10am)
    Race 1, 30 minutes: 8:55pm AEST (in game Saturday 2pm)
    Practice 2 Break 5 minutes 9:30 AEST (in game Sunday 9am)
    Qualifying 2, 10 minutes: 9:35pm AEST (in Sunday 11am)
    Race 2, 30 minutes: 9:40pm AEST (in game Saturday 3pm)

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night.
    Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.

FROM THIS ROUND ON ANYONE THAT HAS NOT YET SET A QUALIFYING TIME WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE RACE SERVER ON MONDAY NIGHT, ALL LATE ENTRIES WILL NEED TO SET A QUALIFYING TIME AND ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY RACED BUT NOT SET A TIME WILL NEED TO DO BEFORE 7PM AEST PRIOR TO THE RACE ON MONDAY IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO RACE IN THIS ROUND.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    This will be full formation lap using Kunos widget start procedure. Our Wednesday tests show this works quite well atm and should avoid any admins needing to manually enforce rules. Still anyone seen trying to gain an unfair advantage in any way during the start procedure may get a post race 30 second penalty.

Its fairly straightforward, follow what it tells you if there is a flashing arrow you must either go forward back or left/right lanes. No weaving once we go double file the start sequence is staggered so no reason to ever run up the back of anyone. It keeps the gaps and then sets the pace for the start at 70kmh max.

Yanet's Weather Forecast:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its very conservative with a small chance of light rain, needs more testing to fully enable but nothing noted in patch notes so no reason to believe its been fixed yet.
    Below is the server dynamic weather setup, a bit more likely to rain then the last couple of weeks but most likely only light rain if the server behaves as it should. We ran this Wednesday and it stayed dry all sessions and all the Hungaroring Rooz race servers are using the same weather settings.
    [​IMG]

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  4. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Apologies guys but I won't be able to make tonight's race :thumbsdown:
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just noticed in the server that the lobby appears to be down atm, fingers crossed its back up in the next hour.

Regarding custom skins tonight best nobody uses one as its highly likely not everyone has even the rd skinpack installed. Nobody else has provided a link to any skins so there is no way others would have any skins not in the pack.

Anyone wanting to run a custom skin in this round will need to either use one from the skin packs provided in the custom skin thread. Or if they make their own they will need to put a link to their skin in that thread to allow others to see their skin. The last thing we want is half a field of plain black cars. ;)
  6. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

I had a lot of fun tonight, thanks everyone!
    race 1 wasn't good for results as I got hit to last twice in the first stint, but crawled my way back to p22 i think it was, mostly cause of the overcut. Even my own brother took me out :c (all is good tho)

race 2 was a lot of fun and the best race I've ever had. I was consistent and quick and made very few mistakes which allowed my to capatilise on other's mistakes. I made it up to p12 which is my new best finish! I made some decent overtakes as well which felt good.
    tezpez85, kuda and Frostwa like this.
  7. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Thanks everybody! It was great fun again as always. Race one I had an incident with a Lexus, which I apologise for.
    Race 2 was great fun with some nice battles with fewer mistakes overall by me. Thanks again!!!
  8. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

A great couple of races, Coach Daves setup gave me all the pace.
    R1 messed up the box
    R2 Had an awesome battle with @Frostwa, awesome pace.
    P6, personal best.
    Catch you guys next week.
    tezpez85 and Frostwa like this.
  9. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Both races got picked up by the pit box, then dropped, then picked up again. I'm really, really sick of this happening since I work to get ahead then end up 10 seconds behind. No matter how I park it this always goddamn happens
  10. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I was torpedoed in the side at the end of lap 1 in the first race, hitting me into another car and the wall, so I couldn't be bothered after that.
  11. Hinssy

Hinssy New Recruit

Well, that was quite a shocking performance from me.

Had great pace despite no laps prior to the official practice session, on for 2nd in race one when I binned it on my own and had to limp around for 4th. Second race I was running well and then accidentally turned @GT-71CKL, completely on me, sorry again on that. After that I then proceeded to spin on my own again and drop further back, ending up 9th I think it was at races end.

All in all a very poor showing from me, should have been a double top 5 with a podium, instead just the one top 5 and two embarrassing self spins. Probably won't be able to make the next round with my work schedule but hopefully can make the race after that!
    tezpez85 likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

tezpez85 and kuda like this.
  13. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Monday night for me was a mix of good and bad. Plenty of good but with a small bit of bad right at the end when it counted most! The positive for me was that I seem to have finally worked out my braking and improved my pace a little.

Q1 I didn't get it together in qual so probably gave away 2 or 3 positions. Started P15.

R1 started well and I was looking at fighting for 9th-10th before the pitstop. However even though I got my pitstop spot on I guess the undercut was strong and I came out to find I had dropped several spots. Bugger! Anyway I pushed on, made no significant mistakes and I was still very happy with P12.

Q2 Again it wasn't the cleanest of runs but I got a reasonable one in for P14.

R2 I made another good start and managed to get a few positions. I decided to pit a bit earlier to avoid undercuts and it worked. I came out just in front of Jorgenson and we had a great battle! He got up beside me several times but we both gave just enough room to avoid contact. I managed to hold him out mainly due to the difficulty in passing at this track. I was in P8 and should have finished there but on the 2nd last lap a small error through T4 had big consequences. The rear stepped out a bit but I overcorrected and spun into the outside wall. The car stalled. I bumped the ignition button trying to find the starter button by feel. I finally got it back running but had to wait for some cars before re-enterring the track. So that was that. I threw away P8 and limped home in P17. I was pretty cranky with myself but got over it pretty quick :).
    tezpez85 likes this.
  14. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I meant to ask by the way since you see it in the R2 highlights, a train forming behind Maybery with Kuda, Nanlatt and I were formed in a Trulli train behind them but everytime someone was close enough to attempt an overtake they would veer off course just before the corner in a very sudden and erratic manner, was this due to a misjudgement in braking points or was it brake checking? I only ask because it happened 3-4 times and they were slower overall. It would turn into someone makes a mistake overtaking, catch up again in 2-3 laps then it would happen again in a cycle till the end of the race.

It just seemed really strage to me and thought it was worth inquiring about, if they were just mistakes that's fine.
  15. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Regarding the incident with me spearing off at the end of the main straight - with Maybery and Kuda fighting for position into the last corner I got a much better exit and the closing speed at the end of the straight quite big. I braked much earlier that I normally would have but I still had to leave the track or I'd have cleaned him up big time. He seemed to be braking early pretty much everywhere but I don't think there was any deliberate brake checking going on. It seems like to get a pass done around Hungaroring you need to be fairly aggressive into the braking zones and I just got caught out.

The only time I thought there might have been something slightly iffy going on was when he ran me wide into turn 2 when I got a run on him, it looked like he could have easily made the apex like he did every other time but that may have been the one time he was later on the brakes. No complaints from me.
    TakFR likes this.
  16. kuda

kuda Rookie

@TakFR I don't hold grudges here mate, there's no maliciousness from my side and I don't see the point in brake checking in a race. Mistakes I make come from lack of experience, thought we went over this.

On entering chicane on corner #6 I was too close to Maybery on attempting to align for an overtake and had to veer off not to tap spin him. On corner #7 I missed my breaking point because of pressure from behind and did see a car spin out / slow down in rearview mirror - I guess this was you? Maybery made 1 or 2 of these types of relatively minor mistakes because we were fighting for a few laps but nothing that I see is worth complaining about.
  17. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I think you misunderstood my post, I was merely asking if attempts at overtaking Maybery and going off track were mistakes or if it was a result of very early braking into the corner from them forcing you and nanlett to go off line to prevent a crash, only reason I was curious was that it kept happening. I don't have any issue with any mistakes you made i'm merely asking about the circumstances under which those mistakes were made since it kept occurring anytime someone was behind Maybery.

The chicane wasn't me spinning out, in fact the incident in the chicane is how I overtook you ;)
  18. kuda

kuda Rookie

You did say 'they' :) Maybery did brake a bit early there after watching the replay again. Still, outside of driving defensively and making a few mistakes along the way, I didn't see anything sus going on.

No I know you did, but you must've had a bad pit stop because I came ahead of you again after coming out of it few laps after. We were pretty close for that lap or so but I gave you the inside in T1 after not being able to pull away.

Thought corner #7 spin out happened in laps after chicane run off, but the only thing I can find in replay is @krunch doing a few slides in the last lap, I was not really in range to cause it.
    TakFR likes this.
  19. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Yeah I got screwed by pitstops both races, really wish kudos would make it so being slightly out of their pit boundary didn't cost you up to 10 seconds extra
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    kuda likes this.