GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 - 12
    [​IMG]
    Race 4 - 15
    [​IMG]
    Lap Times 1 - 12
    [​IMG]
    Lap times 3 - 14
    [​IMG]
    Luurox 1:20.648
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Provisional NextGenONE Results and standings after 5 rounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hatfield and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    13th fastest lap time :confused:, I gotta find some speed.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Can't say I was particularly fond of the track tonight. Flows so much worse than the forwards direction in my opinion. That said I wasn't just gonna no show so gave it a big send. Was annoyed by the time setting as it's well known to have a brightness glitch that dims the screen going into turns 4 and 9. This meant I was constantly spamming rear view button which for some reason lightens the track again. Quali felt awkward and I butchered my laps which was nice. Made a decent start, everyone seemed pretty sensible. I made a mistake past turn 9 and clipped the armco point that is a race ruiner and one of the reasons this track doesn't work in reverse. Soldiered on for the rest of the race and got auto spun by a kerb at T3 which was nice. Bad bop blah blah Mustang bad whatever lol. Keen for Laguna and just to forget about tonight!
    Max Gassit, seth123 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I must have the brightness up on my TV without me knowing as I didn't have any vision problems... Though I haven't changed the settings :cautious: Could have been from when we were watching Game of Thrones and the dark scenes were so dark we literally couldn't see anything - must have been from then...

So for me, this track and this direction is the normal way, as back when I first started kicking off the daily races, this track came up, and it's how I learnt it. So funnily enough for me going forwards is awkward lol.

So qualified 5th which I was pretty happy with, as before that I was sitting about 11th in qualifying haha. Kept it pretty cool going through the first stages of the race, with everyone so close and damage on heavy it is always so nerve wracking... Got through my first stint fine, gaining a few spots to an unfortunate crash in front of me took out 3 drivers... my 2nd stint on mediums I was geared up to put on the laps, but about 5 laps into my stint, I hit the same point as Viper was talking about - just got sucked into the sand, was trying to get out, and almost did - but the rear hit the wall, hard - so with rear wing, and both rear tyres flashing at me, I had to pit early. So my 3 stopper turned into a 4 stopper in the end, running about 9 lap stints on the softs. Managed to get myself back into 4th on the last little stint - I think this was mainly because I had fresh tyres and barely enough fuel to get me over the line lol.

I had some great battles coming up through the field though, some nice clean racing from what I could see from my end. Congrats to @JJ_Penguin for the win, very quick, and @emmo46 and @THE_UNDER_STUDY for rounding out the podium 2nd and 3rd respectfully. (I actually got a glimpse of you guys on my last lap heading for the line and I got all excited lol).

I am actually surprised I am 2nd on the points board though! o_O
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done all on turn 1, 2, 3! :thumbsup: Turn 4, 5? Naughty me! :oops:
    [​IMG]
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Last night honestly felt like déjà vu. Put in an almost perfect lap, nailed every corner but 7 tenths off pole, and I was 3rd :laugh: I guess that’s the crippling effect of being 300kg and 200kg heavier than the pole sitter and 2nd place.

Got another good jump off the line and @Blunty075 seemed to jump start or was slow off the line or something? Anyway I swerved to miss him and just clipped his rear right corner, giving me engine damage, front aero and LF wheel damage which I had to nurse for a whole lap, losing 30 seconds in the process. That’s it, race over in the first 5 seconds, I was fuming.

I checked the replay to see if it was a terrible misjudgment on my part or if it was a dodgy hit box, only to find that Blunty’s steering input actually turns right moments before I make contact, and that may have made all the difference :roflmao:

Feels just like RBR. I reckon I would have fought for the podium on track, but catch up was simply impossible. I had fun nailing lap after lap with solid consistency, only to see the gap increase to the leader which is disheartening.

P6 is all I could come up with, 50 something seconds off the lead. Laguna should be fun, maybe without the extra 13kg I’m about to receive hahaha.

Cheers
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Brighten up! It's Friday! :D
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Already in my birthday suit
  10. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Did anyone from NG2 get some pictures of the qualifying, race finish & fastest laps?

There seemed to be a few glitches with the room setup, but we eventually got underway.

Myself and xlxy90 (probably AB_Saints too) gave that kinked armco halway round the back a good old pulverize. I reckon I smashed it 3 times needing to pit after each time damaging the entire car. xlxy90 parked up for some reason, probably gave up! should have kept racing, we could have had some good battles!
    I smashed the armco after you parked up, so you could have beaten me! haha.

A positive from me, I think I actually got the 2nd Fastest lap!
    Just before the race finished, I was pretty stoked with a low 1:20.2 or something.
    But I finished P9 so doesn't mean anything

Cheers for hosting xlxy90, better luck with the room setup next time ;)
    Max Gassit, Xtr3meNZer and xlxy90 like this.
  11. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I think host drunk LoL
    But I took pictures and have replay. So I can post when I get home if nobody able to help.
    Apex_64, Xtr3meNZer and Peersy like this.
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Ok gents this is what i have for Gen2 Room. Dont have any quali times as i thought host was doing that Sorry.

Quali postions
    [​IMG]

Race Results with individual times and fastest lap.
    [​IMG]
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    supercars next generation of idiots throwing barbs at one another
    honestly guys what is so hard about discussion without insult? (subtle or not)
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @THE_UNDER_STUDY if you'd like a cleanup done here, just give me the post #'s and I'll take care of it
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and JJ_Penguin like this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @THE_UNDER_STUDY looks like everyone’s having lots of fun, I’ll have a go next round, don’t care what car, 2nd R8 Racing, car #96
    Xtr3meNZer and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Totally Off topic

NextGen2 race from last night uploaded to psn.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  17. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Wow now for a change of topic Im Stoked with a podium 3rd. Who would have pick that.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Nice drive mate! I predict you will get a sunday league win next season :thumbsup:
  19. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Okay, having been away from the computer all day,

I have only now had time to go through all of the comments......................WOW, extremely disappointing. I thought everyone was better than this. I'm happy for robust discussion but going down the path of childish name calling is not on.
    This discussion ends now.
    I will have @Hatfield come along and remove alot of these posts as these DO NOT represent what ROOZ is all about. I would hate to see a new member come across these posts.
    Max Gassit, stucar17, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    The last two pages weren't entertaining. Emmo's slow drive to 2nd place was entertaining. Well done Emmo.