GT Sport Season 12 Practice Races - Info and Signup

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 28, 2020.

1. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Time to play with the big boys

Max Gassit and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    yes
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    The track flows better forwards for me
  4. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    @Hatfield Can't see my name in any division.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    div 3
    pat65 likes this.
  6. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Just had a quick test drive of the MX5 with the suggested room settings and it feels kinda off with fuel running out fast and tires hardly wearing at all and the car sliding all over the place lol
    I’d suggest maybe having the options of SS-SH tires and putting tire wear up to x10 or x12 and putting fuel at maybe x4?
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  7. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    SH tyres work in my opinion, it's a relatively slow car, if you put sticky tyres on it will just become boring. Surely it's slow enough that everyone can drive it, practice helps as you need to be quite delicate with the steering inputs especially but also the throttle if you want to be quick. If you're not delicate you'll spend a lot of time sliding and losing time but it's pretty hard to spin. We had quite a few practice races tonight and it was really good fun, you can race really close with other drivers without incidents because it's slow but you still need skills to put down good lap times. That's how i see it anyway

As for tyre wear, I don't really care, i think even though the wear rate is slow it will leave options for the better drivers who can look after their tyres to potentially go the full distance without changing but mugs like me will have to change them

After tonight's practice, i really hope this car gets up :)
  8. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Tyre wear definitely could do with a tweak. I did some running last night with Bryan to learn Sardegna because I've never turned a lap there before. After 29 laps we hadn't used a quarter of the tyre life and running 34/35s consistently. There was no noticeable drop in performance over the course of the race. Even doubling the tyre wear rate wouldn't make much difference as you're pitting more than once on these fuel settings, so throwing a set of tyres on in one of those stops is null and void to strategy - everyone would do it.

Realistically from the running I did last night you either need to set fuel to x2 (to match current tyre life), or set tyres to at least x15 (to match current fuel).
    REVO_Bryan, NAACS and xlxy90 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    With the practice race fast approaching, what do we want to do?
    1. Reduce fuel wear (if so to what multiplier)
    2. Increase tyre wear (if so to what multiplier)
    3. Stickier tyre compound (if so, which compound(s) )
    So far we've had:
    1 - x4
    1 - x2
    2 - x10-12
    2 - x15
    3 - SS-SH

and 1 post to keep it as is
    post in reply to get your opinion scored (I am counting likes)
  10. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    [​IMG]

Ready for Mazda Heritage Round tomorrow night
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Please not stickier tyres! Even the comfort softs would be okay, but happy to stick with SH
    x15 tyres
    x6 fuel
    REVO_Bryan, Max Gassit and Mezign like this.
  12. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah that seems good to me. Probably still wont wear overly much, but will be better :)
  13. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Yes the car is drivable. My sliding around is more just not having driven the track and car combo before hahaha. But tire wear should be put up in my opinion at the least.
    My recommendation is fuel as is and tire wear x12 or x15 with options of SM-SH
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  14. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  15. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Maybe I'm just an idiot here? but I feel like we've literally just gone in circles? Isn't one of the issues not many people didn't like the Renault is because it slid? and we've just had a massive debate/argument for a week about strategy and tire wear and now we wanna use a tire that doesn't wear?
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The thing people hated with the renault was how unpredictable it's slides were, and how hard they were to catch. The mazda is honestly the polar opposite, and the sports tyres give it a bit of flavour.
    gtkingx, incey and Mezign like this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hi can I play
  18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Sure, the game is to propose your preferred tyre compound, tyre wear and fuel burn settings for this Sunday's practice race in the Roadster TC (in case it wasn't obvious)
    seth123 likes this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Max fuel x max tyre x
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    A massive part of why the Mazda Roadster TC season was so enjoyable was that it was raced on RH. Yes you had lots of grip and you could race door to door through a series of corners and not have to worry about the car stepping out on you like this does on sports tires. Over the years road car seasons has seen numbers drop off across the course of the season, look at the numbers by round 5 of the Fittipaldi season. If you are going to overpower the car the grip has to go along with it. Suggestion would be to run 2 races on Sunday night, 1 with sports tires and then the second with racing and see how it goes.