GT Sport Season 12 Practice Races - Info and Signup

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 28, 2020.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Was there ever any interest in giving the MX5 max power
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

TLDR: SM at a minimum. Increase tyre wear significantly. Reduce fuel to 3.

So after some testing with @T F Eccles and @Buster_Danis this afternoon my thoughts are as follows:

SH have the tendency to step out unexpectedly which particularly in the lower divisions has the potential to result in innocent parties being taken out detracting from the side by side racing that the MX5 offers.

SM appeared to hit a sweet spot eliminating the snap oversteer while still being lively when pushing into corners and putting down the power.

With tyre wear at 6 and fuel at 5 (Room settings were incorrect) by the time fuel ran out at lap 11 tyres still felt as good as new so would recommend tyre wear be increased significantly so there is some drop off in grip. Would recommend fuel be reduced to 3 so that a 1 stop can be completed comfortably on fuel while eliminating the possibility of a no stopper.

For some added strategy I would like to see a single set of SS be available provided tyre wear is set appropriately so the two main strategys would be SM, SM vs SM SS SM. It would be compulsory to start on SM so that everyone was on a level playing field in qualifying.

Additionally max power potentially limits the number of suitable tracks as you're likely to hit the limiter on tracks where there is a significant straight.
    Russell, Buster_Danis, pat65 and 5 others like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    130% is max power and 100% kg is minimum
    seth123 likes this.
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yeah, what he said.

@COME_AND_GET_ME7 sorry about the fuel and tyre settings, I did it from memory, knew thee was a 5 and 6 in there somehwere.

SH is just a bit too slippery, such that I am using a fair degree of concentration and caution to keep the car on the track, let alone race anyone. I expect in the higher divs it'd be fine but lower down, chaos. As CAGME says the SM is good mix of grip and slip.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Its stock powers like196hp. Around 260hp its the best thing since sliced bread, Also a fan for Racing Hard rubber
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    When we ran the MX5 TC on a piss up night, we ran RH at 130%hp and that felt really good actually
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That’s the money
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm all for running the thing at standard power on SH, brakes loose when you push it but feels mlre raw to what the car actually is. Adding more power just makes it sledge more. RH should be avoided like the plague. Completely un realistic compared to what the car would ever see and it can't ever get the best out of them.
  9. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Oh I'm sure we could go for racing meds or sorts :p
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
  11. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    You wanna race with these as well? [​IMG]
    For a car racing league there's a lot of guys who are afraid of driving in here :whistling::roflmao:
  12. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Yep @COME_AND_GET_ME7 is on the money. Throw away the SH & go with SM & we’ve got a winner! (With an option of SS if the Tyre wear is increased):thumbsup:
  13. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    hello everyone
    not raced much so not very good and never at a club
    i was hoping i could join in at the lowest level to try
  14. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Another pointless post from another pointless user
    Ozglenn, seth123, Kieran_B33 and 3 others like this.
  15. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Click "like" on the first post in this thread and @Hatfield will help you out
    Peter P likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I use the ones with a boost button for punting @KeedenMcdonald

I don't think it's 100% a fear, but some guys seem to be afraid of losing control and taking someone else out in the process
    KeedenMcdonald and Steve Neilson like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    welcome mate, I will throw you in the lowest level room for sunday
    Peter P likes this.
  18. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    thanks
    how do i find the room
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    It will be friends only so make sure everyone in your Div is on your PSN friends list, or at least the host
    Peter P likes this.
  20. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    A thousand apologies oh exalted one, I shall immediately flagellate myself for not being in your league.

Yes this is a racing league and that's what I enjoy doing, but I do not enjoy losing control and ruining other people's enjoyment coz I crashed and took them out due a twitchy car, nor having to drive uncompetitively to stay on track.
    ControllaGod, seth123, VARDZ and 4 others like this.