DIVISION 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTP_RS172

GTP_RS172 Eddie J

PSN ID
    RS172
    WIll drop by tonight after 8:30pm. Will send FR. If you can setup in My Lounge and i'll join up for a lap or 3.

PSN: GTP_RS172
  2. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

Sorry I missed you guys. I'm going online now if there are any nighthawks out there.

I've practiced a little. I'm finally learning to enjoy Rome :)

By the way where is the info on the start times posted? Frm the wiki I found the start times forum but the info is from the first race. Also if it's a sprint format how many laps is each race?

Oh yeah, do I also need to decide a colour?
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey Darth.

Yea decide on a colour. Ideally, review the Div3 thread and go for a colour that hasn't been used yet, then stick to that for the rest of the season.

Start times will be the same each week (same as you've already found) unless notified otherwise in your divisional thread or via PSN from your captain.

Here is the season calender it has details of number of laps etc for each week. Which for Sprints at Rome is 2 x 11 lap races, 2nd race reverse grid based on previous results. http://gtleagueoz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/redbullhangar7w1.jpg
    There is also a link to the calender on the front page and on the wiki. ;)
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hey Darth race will start at 8:30 pm EST sunday, with the room opening at 7:30pm EST for pre race practice and qualify. If the time is a problem for you let me know. I generally send out a message to every one on PSN with full details of the race and times during the week ( will send either today or tomorrow).

I havent been turning the PS3 on alot as I generally only race the league, (ive been getting back into iracing latley during the week.)

Its 2 x 11 laps races BTW here is the poster. http://gtleagueoz.com/wp-content/upload ... gar7w1.jpg

Ive hardly raced at rome at all and havent done any practice yet, so not sure how I'll go this week.

:? oops koastr linked poster already.....I wont edit mine just to be sure :lol:
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey guys,
    prob going on for a practice tonight about 9 if anyone interested..

Cheers
    Stu.

PS for the newies my psn is stuart170773
  6. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

cool, I will be on tonight as well. I will add you Stu.

Sorry to everyone who went through the trouble of linking the poster. I had seen that too but I was worried because the dates were different. I didn't realize the laps for rome were posted there too.

It seems that EST in Australia is GMT + 10, whereas Japan is + 9. The time on Sundays should be okay.
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I am happy to do it tek, only problem is that unfortunately I can't make July 3rd (my daughter's birthday).

Thanks for fixing up wiki too, nice work!
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No worries. Yea the dates are different becuase we had the PSN outage after the season started. But the sequence and other details all remain the same.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys, tried to do some prac last night but after I downloaded the update there seemed to be real issues with the stability of the lobby. I was kicked twice from hosting, so was the guy is was practicing with.

Anyone else had the same issue since update???? Really hope it doesn't screw around with Sunday nights racing.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hey how I set up the race for reverse grid?
    A) Do I make the 1st race "fastest first" then when its finished change it to "reverse grid order"?

Or
    B)..Reverse grid order before the 1st race? (i wasnt captian last sprint round)
  11. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    After the first race, go into the settings screen and change grid order to "reverse grid based on last race".

:)
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

cheers mate.
  13. BadarZ

BadarZ New Recruit

Trying to system update. It's very slow.
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

W happened badz? I didnt see you at all, we had a decent turn out. You would of had a good shot at beating me too.

Unofficial Race 2 results ( I forgot to save race 1) Gaz will update later
    1 Dougz 1:19.611
    2 Stucar 1:19.333* fastest lap race 2
    3 Darth 1:20.192
    4 Ostey 1:20.978
    5 Rico 1:20.220
    6 Gary 1:20.739
    7 tekNique 1:20.552
    8 GTP-172 1:22.190

Stu took out race one, if dougz got 2nd race one. It will be a tie.

More to come watching F1. Shameful effort by me : :?
  15. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I did get 2nd in race 1. But my best lap was only a 1:19.451. So Stu's best lap still stands, giving him the round win. If thats how it works..
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Notes
    Regular points awarded for Enduro
    Sprint rounds consist of two consequetive races with race 2 format reverse grid based on race 1 results Overall positions are calcuated on aggregate scores across both races with final points awarded as normal
    Ties resolved by presedence of highest single race finishing position then fastest lap standing

Only the best 6 race finishes during the season will be counted when calculating each drivers total championship points Brackets indicate points total from all 7 races

From the wiki, we'll conformation though. I'll double check the time as only a tenth in it. Pretty sure 100% correct though.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    tek, race 1 results.

1. stu 1:19:371* fastest
    2. doug 1:19:451
    3. Rico 1:20:317
    4. Gary 1:20:428
    5. Darth 1:20:509
    6. Tek 1:20:801
    7. Ostey 1:21:110
    8. GTP..... DNS

Will do quick recap tomorrow.....too late!
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for the racing last night guys, before i say anything about race 2, apologies to the guys i hit in the reverse grid in the back straight chicane :oops: more on that later...

Qually was good, had a rhythm going early and managed a 19.5xx. Some of the other guys looked quick too, so i put on some new boots and had another crack and lowered it to 19.4xx. (i hate how it doesnt show any splits from the other times so you really dont know how fast they are till you follow them round)

Race 1 was good, (however i :):):):) myself thinking i had missed the start as i was still in the pits when the counter finished)but i had a good start and managed to pull a little gap while everyone else wrestled for position up till turn 4, where there is always some probs when in a pack. Ran consistant 1:20 laps till about 3 to go when i made a little mistake in 4 and lost 2 secs to doug, and made the mistake of trying to coast home, which let gary get the slip stream on the last lap and get on my bumper. I had to cover down the back straight, but managed to hold on.

race 2 started with me :):):):)ting myself again because when i hit the accelerator and NOTHING happened!! Not sure why but by the time i got going the pack was through turn 1, and only that they were fighting amongst themselves i was able to catch up into 4. i think i was about 7th by then, then had the slipstream down the back straight, behind rico i think, then it all went a bit pear shaped as a few guys were pointing the wrong way and we had nowhere to go. The crash resulted in a penalty and damage to both front wheels, but i somehow came out of it in 4th, with about 8 seconds between myself and ostey. I tracked him down and got passed in turn 3, followed Darth for a lap till he made a mistake in 4 which let me through, and then had about 5 laps to get to doug who was about 6 secs up the road. I put in a couple of 19's and got to 1.5 secs with 2 to go till i made a mistake coming on to the front straight which gave him the gap he needed to get a well deserved win. Really sorry for the crash at the back straight guys, tek might have to have a look and check it, but i really had nowhere to go. I suppose you go through there as fast as possible as you can only assume that everyone gets through ok.

Great racing guys, it was good to see tek get beaten :mrgreen: as he has generally been in another league (compared to me anyway) but i think with drop your worst round tek is 10 in front........i just hope i can make next week, might be stuck at work, so will see what happens.

cheers
    stu
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea that's it. Also fastest lap bonus points only awarded for overall fastest lap across both races, not for each.
  20. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Good write up Stu. You just got me and Gary mixed up though haha.
    I loved this sprint round. I'm usually on the pace early on but i seem to struggle a lot when my tyres start to go off. It was good not having to worry about that.
    Sorry to Darth who i rear ended in the 1st race. I backed off and let him stay infront of me. And a big thanks to Ostey who handed me the lead when he had a big lose. I didnt know which way he was gonna go. I jumped on the brakes but still tagged him as i went past.
    Not really looking forward to next week at all haha.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.