ACC Custom Skins and season skin pack

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 30, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

wOw thanks guys for the positive feedback.. A tricky car to work with however I am glad I did it as I learnt some new gimp & inkscape tricks. Now I know where all the 2D wireframe bits fit in the puzzle the next one should be a lot easier and faster. Unlike the official in game editor unfortunately you can not alter the rims in this process. I don't know why..

mate how did you know..? keep an eye out for a special one off livery as they will launch their new flavour praline & d!ck.. :eek::speechless:
    krunch likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have added a new RD skinpack to the 1st post, this has all skins there released until now 214 skins to date. I also added our 1st ROOZ skin to that pack along with a solo link to it.
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That should already be in the latest v4 skinpack. Everyone should dl that and can use any skin from it there are currently 223 skins in there for various cars. Any not in the pack released on RD should be added to the pack each week.

I will create a separate skin pack once we have a few ROOZ skins which will be made on Sunday Night, this will include any new skins not currently in the skin pack. All skins will eventually get into the main RD skinpack which I will update at the start of the week with any new skins from RD or custom skins from here.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Flamebadger likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

@Coanda have you got a link to your cool skin, without a link nobidy else will see it. Even if you make updates later the skinpacks will include all newest versions of skins. Everyone would be advised to download the latest RD skinpack which I will update each Wednesday and add all ROOZ skins to this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@marty - I don't think I will make tomorrows race. I'll give you the skin shortly as I am still trying to change something on the door however time and svg/inkscape skills are running short.. The RD pack 4. Where did that come from as I can't seem to find it on RD..? If I understand correctly our skins will only be added on top of the RD pack and not submitted to RD for users outside of our league to use. Is that right..?
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The rd skinpacks are made by me, ;)I downloaded all skins from RD and put into one pack. I will do one each week adding any new skins to it.

Not only does it gice everyone here a chance to use many more skins but if youbjave that installed and run a public server. Anyome that is using a skin that has been added to RD you will be able to see and not have a plain black skin.

There have been a few more skins made since I made the last pack but I will update that only once per week. Its a fairly big file and not something people should all need to download on race nights.

Any extra ROOZ skins that come after this pack will het a seperate download until they are added into the main pack on a Wednesday night.

With the skin packs these also include any updated skins. So anyone that changes theres can post a new link and it will be added into the next pack that will include all skins.
    Coanda likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There is also a downside to custom liveries, these add a larger join lag. So best for anyone in a custom skin to avoid joining during qualy or race sessions.
    Coanda likes this.
  9. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

bugga...
    Coanda and marty like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@marty - you animal, I was thinking maybe you went a dl 200+ skins.. Thanks for the info that all made sense..
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The initial download was a bit of a hassle but now I just get any new skins or updates every couple of days, currently over 250 skins but I will keep the RD pack to a weekly upload to avoid people needing to dl it more then once per round. ;)
    Rolz likes this.
  12. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

I've made a skin for my car, it is uploaded to this website:
    https://gofile.io/d/BsgxqH
    I've zipped the whole livery folder, so the download should be first extracted and then placed into /Docs/ACC/Customs/Liveries
    The skin is still WIP and will probably evolve for next weesk but for tonight I ran out of time and am running with this as is.
  13. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

One thing I am not clear on, do I also need to upload the JSON in Docs/ACC/Customs/Cars?

I'll put it here, just in case. My filename is 789-200510-213617.json
    {
    "carGuid": 0,
    "teamGuid": 0,
    "raceNumber": 789,
    "raceNumberPadding": 0,
    "auxLightKey": 0,
    "auxLightColor": 80,
    "skinTemplateKey": 99,
    "skinColor1Id": 151,
    "skinColor2Id": 162,
    "skinColor3Id": 343,
    "sponsorId": 0,
    "skinMaterialType1": 0,
    "skinMaterialType2": 2,
    "skinMaterialType3": 1,
    "rimColor1Id": 151,
    "rimColor2Id": 162,
    "rimMaterialType1": 1,
    "rimMaterialType2": 2,
    "teamName": "7ate9 Racing",
    "nationality": 37,
    "displayName": "",
    "competitorName": "",
    "competitorNationality": 37,
    "teamTemplateKey": 0,
    "carModelType": 20,
    "cupCategory": 2,
    "licenseType": 0,
    "useEnduranceKit": 1,
    "customSkinName": "7ate9",
    "bannerTemplateKey": 0
    }

pic:
    [​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/3h4Fb6M
    marty likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For people to see your skin in a server I dont think they need the Jason file but for them to be able to see your skin in car selection or to use your skin they need that. I will add your skin and the cars .json to the first post in a new link with both files. Next week I will add your skin to the full skinpack.

Skin is here but I will also add this to the first post.
    https://mega.nz/file/qHYV1Yga#1CPWnnYv7MyoSJj5gvN_leRDp6hBqdQHrInj9gD-Evg
    JamesT likes this.
  15. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Any idea if you change the number plate and save it, will it then become a black skin for others?
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If you change it in game it shouldnt matter, as long as it links to the same skin livery folder. The server assigns numbers anyway, we did test a while ago and even without the cars .json file it would load anothers custom skin as long as you have that folder in your livery folder.
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have added the latest RD skinpack 5 to the 1st post, it has 266 skins and both custom ROOZ skins we have so far.

This will be the final skin pack for the season, I wont add any new RD skins to it but if anyone makes another skin or finds a skin at RD they want to use that's not in the pack I will make a small separate pack on Sunday nights for the next Monday race.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  18. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

you can modify the wheels for outside custom liveries by not using skinTemplateKey 99 however it then plasters your door number decal on the bonnet of every in-game designed custom livery or original livery... :confused:

I probably don't recommend this as I have not figured out a way to remove this from old liveries or newly created in-game liveries..

should i raise this a bug haha..? :sneaky:
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

You can scrap my previous post. For whatever reason my in-game customs were not showing the bonnet & roof number plates which has confused me however Panky says they should therefore no issues creating custom rims.

Simply create a in game custom livery and and do not change the skinTemplateKey. To cover the existing paint, create a layer with your desired base coat colour. I have 3 main layers in my psd. Sponsors, Design and Base Coat.

eg.
    Not using skinTemplateKey 99 will show the bonnet number plate though..
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    JamesT likes this.
  20. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

marty likes this.