Division 1 season 10

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbohachiroku

turbohachiroku josh

Yeah all seemed fine but when the new room opened I couldn't join back in.
    I'll sit this season out I reckon fellas.

Cheers
    Josh
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey turbo, bad luck with the connection issue.

Remember we run "drop your worst round" so this won't hurt you overall. It just sucks at the time it happens.

Can I suggest you try agin for round 2, and see if it works. No harm in trying

Stu
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Just to point out Zamps started out in Div 4 and was probably in the bottom 3 drivers for a season or 2..
    now winning Div 1 races...thats what you call Improvement

wd zamps.
  4. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats on the win Zamps.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience my connections problems caused yesterday. I have noticed that sometimes simply because there are a good number of people in a room it wont let me join, so from now on I will be the first in a room so hopefully this does not occur again.

In my race I started from 9th and in my first stint I was trying save my tyres and in clear track as able to punch out some good times and I ended up coming out in 3rd place after my stop on lap 15. My second stint was trying to catch blueyonder, I got to his rear bumper on the last lap and tried to put pressure on him but he stayed calm and kept it on the black stuff, good drive bluey.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That's why league racing is awesome. You are constantly challenged and have to improve to advance. Zampli, Aussie, Nugget, and Enforcer all spring to mind as some of the most improved drivers over the past year. Good job fellas!
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree, great effort.....bastard !!!

Results from last night?
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I think...

Zamps, Blue, Warrior, Stig, Nugget<-->Aussie, Cyber, Rotary, Anon, Blkhat.

A night to forget, too many mistakes and ran into Cyber doing 150k and him parked against a wall. Copped full damage, collision penalty and for some reason the car felt pretty rubbish for the rest of the race. Lucky not to have been last tbh.

Zamps was pole. Not sure about FL.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'll keep the barbie doll avatar until I learn to drive I think.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

thanks carn, it is interesting to look back on mine (and probably all of ours) ROOZ "career" lol.
    started in div3 season4, had horrid run right near the back then next one was improvement, then season after that was the breakthrough. then first season in div2 was horrid as well, then next one was another breakthrough. first season in div1 was good though at least, hopefully this one even better!

BTW Warrior, it wasnt your fault with the connection thing, we only restarted the room cos some of us ended up getting frozen in there as well. So it worked well for you, but bad luck to turbo.
  10. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    yeh well done Zamps. good stuff!!!!

surprisingly i was more competitive than i expected to be in Div1. had good solid race besides the last 4 or so laps when Aussie was reeling me in hahahah pressure brought on some mistakes.
    other than that i was happy to be able to stick on the back of Warrior and Aussie for majority of the race. might lock black ops away and put some laps in this week. try and hit my goal of top 5 finishes.

pleasure as always guys
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    This is the issue I'm having at the moment mate and the main reason I'm not partaking in season 10, any time I do find to game is spent on Black Ops 2, must get back for season 11 though.

Zamps, well done on the win mate, and well deserved!
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Snake, get your wheel out son and get back out on the track!!! How's fatherdom? I got 2 you can borrow anytime?!?!?

Good news and bad news boys.

Bad news is... there has been a protest lodged. Results are pending and we will try and get this sorted asap. We have certain procedures to follow and it may take another day or 2.

Good news is.... I've had to watch loads of replays so I have a little vid. It is very short and a bit anon-centric but I think I fought the good fight with just about everyone during that race.

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=VePrx4DmdGE&list=UUMGMdDwBrzMn8Fd0QWLEmeg&index=1[/video]

So much side by side action, even 3 a breast down the back straight!!! Someone in a lower div said the car and race was boring, I'll swap with you champ! I barely got a moments respite and felt I was on the edge of disaster 80% of every lap.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    One is enough for me lately thanks Anon, she's got a cold right now, throw a bit of teething into the mix and you've got a pretty restless baby on your hands, absolutely :):):):)ed right now if I'm honest, haha! Dragging myself to the gym most days is chore enough, hope the little one is feeling better soon so the missus and I can get a decent nights sleep!

I am keen to get back into it, aiming for next season I reckon, or possibly bean's 2nd Birthday Event, see how I go, hope the next round pans out better for you mate :p
  14. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    great movie Anon! looks very aggressive in div1, plenty of banging and smashing against each other - i didn't see anything like that in div2, very clean stuff.
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Those Div 1 boys play pretty rough sometimes, gotta watch em :p
  16. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    oh well wasnt me this time !! definately wasnt me :p
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    LOL thats not rough beannie, thats just DIV 1 for ya. But your right in saying aggressive, if you don't drive hard you get left behind by a mile..
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah Beannie, most of the boys had their horns out on Sunday night. A few of us were a bit rusty (hands up here), but you'll notice there wasn't tapping of back corners to spin people, no using the guy in front as brakes and we were watching the guys around us and not just turning into them. There is plenty of good driving in those clips, yes some panels got dented, but everyone was showing plenty of respect to their fellow competitors. I hope it continues the rest of season because I will happily finish last at the end of fairly fought race like that, rather than get a podium because guys have been spun or knocked off the track or rage quit.

It's a close room too, FL's for position's 1 to 9 were all within half a second.

Now, why was I here??? Oh yeah, wife is out tonight, so once cherubs are drugged and chained I will be on for some practice. Feel free to join.
  19. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Very good, just observing a few taps hehe
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ok, results:

Zampli* 1:35.527
    Blue 1:35.573
    Warrior 1:35.573
    Aussie# 1.35.333
    Nugget 1.35.664
    Cyber 1:35.876
    Rotary 1:35.712
    Anon 1:35.461
    blkhat 1:36.475

*Pole
    #FL

A protest was lodged, and the mod's have upheld the protest. This means that Stig is disqualified from this race.

There is no ill feeling from any of the parties involved, and it is definitely an isolated incident from one of the fastest and cleanest guys on this forum. I feel that this is all that needs to be said.

Onwards and upwards boys, bring on Indy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.