ACC In between seasons single make season discussion/poll

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 17, 2020.

?

What race format should these rounds be

1. Single 60 minute sprint race

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Single 45 minute sprint race

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. 2x 30 minute sprint races

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The plan for the next major Monday season will be British mixed class gt3 and gt4, at the British tracks once this is released.

As there is no real set release date for any of that content I am thinking of running a single make series with a difference, each round will be a single car but a different one for each week. The track list will be the same as season 2 and will continue until the next season is ready to go.

The season cars will start from those not used by anyone in season 2 in Alphabetical order then from least popular to most popular by all that entered and had a forced car for the season. Each round will be a different car, if gt4 cars are released we will go to these for a couple of weeks before season 4 is ready to go.

There will be a season ladder and results as normal, we will keep classes the same as they were for season 2 and keep the qualy server up for any new entries.

Anyone that improves their qualy time can move up a class, this will stay locked entry and anyone interested will need to enter in the season thread which will be up later.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

This is a great idea! I'm really looking forward to it!
    Coanda, marty and nanlatt like this.
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yep, a fun way to get to try a whole bunch of different cars. It would be good to include some of the less competitive cars, like the Rex(?) and is there a Porsche cup car(?).
    Coanda, marty, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

Absolutely - I loved the porsche cup race we did at Hungaroring when warming up for season 1, that was awesome fun.
    Coanda and nanlatt like this.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Would be good to get a sampler of the other cars, I've only driven 2 of them extensively.
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

All the cars not used in season 2 will be the first ones used so these will all come up early on.

There are 24 cars available and 12 I think have been used in season 2 so unlikely these will be run unless the content updates take 3 months more.

Below is the list of cars in Alphabetical order, I noticed that if we go direct alphabetical we will have consecutive weeks of the same brand so it will just be the first car of a letter then onto the next letter. Going back to the missed cars once we have gone through the list then used cars will be in order of how many used them but its likely the season wont go so long. The cars used will go by how many entries had the car assigned to them in season 2 with least used first.

Below is the proposed order of cars per round, the bold names are unused this season. The -X- indicates how many used that car in season 2.

This order is not final and its likely I messed up some using the method intended , it can also be adjusted for example to run the 911 cup car before the older 911 gt3 car.

21. AMR V8 Vantage (2019) -8-
    1. Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
    18. Audi R8 LMS Evo (2019) -4-
    9. Audi R8 LMS
    2. Bentley Continental GT3 2016

15. Bentley Continental GT3 2018 -3-
    18. BMW M6 GT3 -3-
    21. Ferrari 488 GT3 -7-
    13. Honda NSX Evo (2019) -2-
    3. Honda NSX GT3
    4. Jaguar G3
    5. Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX

16. Lamborghini Huracan Evo (2019) -3-
    10. Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    12. Lamborghini Huracan SuperTrofeo

19. Lexus RC F GT3 -4-
    6. Mclaren 650s GT3
    17. McLaren 720S GT3 (Special) -3-
    14. Mercedes AMG GT3 -2-
    7. Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2017
    20. Nissan GT R Nismo GT3 2018 -5-
    22. Porsche 911 II GT3 R (2019) -10-
    8. Porsche 991 GT3
    11. Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup
  7. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

might i throw out a suggestion of a 911 Cup season? Still get to learn and build a relationship (take it out to dinner, meet the parents, get into arguments etc) over the course of the season while still delivering a one-make level playing field?
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

I would also definitely be up for that
  9. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I would prefer this format, some cars don't get any real drivetime or representation due to BoP and it would be nice to see what they're like in a proper race
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Can we omit older versions of the same model car that were used?
    Coanda, krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Anything is possible maybe just move them to the end of the list of unused cars? keep the lambo rex and trofeo along with the 911 cup in the first batch.

This could be an option for Wednesdays, to run a separate 911 cup season. The skin pack has heaps of skins and saying that I better post an upload to the newest pack now.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

yes! 2 seasons like this would be awesome
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  13. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Excellent idea! I love the Porsche sprint idea for Wednesday. Also, might i suggst the following modification for consideration:

How about chosing amongst the popular cars first, they are poplar for a reason (they're slightly better in different aspects). That way we get to experience what our competitors used and find a car that we might like more going forward. And maybe also run them on the track that suits them best. But I am also loving the orignial idea!
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

All good ideas, too many options! I was thinking of another one where we have a scheduled race as usual for a Monday - but the car is picked at the start of the FP session randomly. So no one has time to work on a set-up and we are all just thrown into it.

Anyway, for me...I like all of these options for single make/model races. Top picks would be the porsche cup and unpopular cars mixup.
  15. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I like the random car idea before FP. Was thinking it @SteveDrivingSlowly , glad you said it.
    marty and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Hmm not sure about that idea. Won't that penalise those who are less skilled at setups? Those who know how to setup a car would quickly get their car into a decent window within a practice session and then brain the rest of us in qual and the race. Also having time to build a setup for those who are less skilled at it is the best way to learn. I can't see ACC working well with any sort of restriction on setups to be honest.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats quite doable I think and if Wednesdays was to be a seperate series maybe in 5 round blocks as currently with a different single car make each block just using the track for the next monday to at least give guys a look at the track for the next Monday.

Using some sort of basic random number generator on discord just before FP to pick a car from the list would work. Personally id prefer to run the cars unused first, the main reason many dont use them is because they may not be that competitive in an open gt3 field.

They are all competitive in a single make series. ;)

There are pros and cons to both methods, I would probably go for a majority vote here especially if one option was considerably more popular then the other. After all the main goal is to get a good turnout each week and I wouldnt want to keep people away due to the no practice option.

It could be run alternate weeks with scheduled then random. Simply have no car ran twice in the season and start off with the unused cars.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes very good points mate and agree there are some downsides. I was trying to think of a way to replicate the fixed set-up races from iRacing - I have done a few with the Ford Spec Racer and MX5 and really enjoyed knowing that we were all fighting the same car.
    krunch likes this.
  19. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

You could just say must use one of the default setups with only tyre pressure adjustment allowed. Or something like that.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im kind of surprised there is no way of settings fixed setups but the lack of server setting in ACC is its biggest dissapointment. AC was fairly basic but still way more advanced then ACC is here.

Even though everytime Ive raced fixed setups the end results dont change much. Really in ACC there isnt much in setup last week at Barcelona I tried the default agressive and only did maybe 10 laps on that. Made a pressure adjustment then in car electronics and bias changes it was 6 tenths off my best with many laps in my custom setup. It would still be good to have that option, many real series have mostly fixed setups too.

The car was quite different on default so I just needed to adjust my technique and it wasnt as stable so thats where it was slower due to less confidence in the car.

Running fixed setup races in the past even with no practice random combos the qualy and race orders were much the same. If anything it hurts the guys a bit more off pace then the quicker guys, the quicker guys will generally try a combo and either drive around issues or change them if they can. The guys more off pace tend to want a car to suit their less adjustable style and so change it to suit them more. It may not be the way to get the most from the car but it will help them get the most out of their technique.