DIVISION 1 - SEASON 11

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 5, 2020.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Congratulations @Slambobagan on winning the championship. You showed you're the benchmark. You have been challenged throughout the season but you just get rising to it. well done! Also, you are very humble. We never hear you say "I'm the best" or "I'm the most consistent" as we heard from that bloke that no longer races!
    Also, congratulations to @Glenn Stimson on 2nd in the championship. Hope you get a win or pole soon or you will be stuck with the Bridesmaid nickname!

Last night I just felt off and the track conditions in practice just felt unfamiliar even though I'd done a fair bit of practice during the week. Usually I'm nervous as all hell but wasn't last night. I struggled to get into the zone and watched Stimson, kart/s and Stu get good times in the 56s in practice quali. I was bit worried about where I might end up. So I left the practice race & chilled out.

Decided to not say anything and try to focus on what was needed to be done.Then the mics turn off and its quiet. perfect!! got a 56.4 on my first flying lap then pitted. was 0.4 up in the 1st sector of my last flying lap but had too much of a slide through the last 2 corners and lost that time to only just improve. I was a bit disappointed to miss that opportunity.

Race started well but just saw the porsches disappear off the line. caught up slightly by the end of the 1st sector but by then slambo just pulled away. Had a good battle with stimson for 1st part of the race but being teammates I didn't want risk ruining our races. Plus I was overdriving and over heating tyres. pitted mid race just to cool them down but took too much life out of them to get ahead of stimson at the end.

Looking forward to the enduro...lucky there is a long front straight giving ample time to open beers!
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Thanks @stucar17 your practice poll time was awesome you were starting to have me worried haha, and @JJ_Penguin after our awesome practice race earlier in the week I was hoping to qualify in front of ya, I found it so hard to follow in the draft at Dubai, knew I’ve I could stay in front I could look after the tyres and do consistent lap times. looked like you and Glenn has a good battle. bring on the next one..
    Better make the most of it. Apparently stu has a special tractor class just for me next season..
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Better make the most of it. Apparently stu has a special tractor class just for me next season..[/QUOTE]

Ferrari vs ford:thumbsup::unsure::sneaky::D
  4. Anthonyb

round 5 time comparison up for pcars
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver briefing is up guys
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-11-driver-briefings.4068/

Make sure you have had a look at fuel situation for your car.... The Bentley starts on 130L of race fuel, while the porsche starts on about 62 ! From what Stozz and i looked at last night, all cars will need fuel, but how much and when you take it will be key.

Also wanted to say thanks for everyone supporting this season so well. Its been great to see big grids every race this season.
    Stu
    Slambobagan likes this.
  6. Slambobagan

Whhhaaaaattt a stitch up. Haha, Can confirm 24hr and normal Porsche starts with 61l tried 3 different lobbies and same every time.
    Feels like an eternity waiting for 75l to go in at the pisttop.
    I reckon we turn fuel burn off haha,
    Nah it’s all good,, challenge accepted.
    Been a great season Thanks stu
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Wait a sec!!! Have you started with less fuel for all the races?
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    The NSX starts with 400L, thats why I'm so slow................
    George and stucar17 like this.
  9. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    At least we'll be on the same lap slambo.
  10. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  11. Anthonyb

12. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I'll start, but o am no fan of the endurance race, so I'll probably do half distance. Always a slight chance of a full grid for these, maybe time to get rid of this race unless you get full grids. I suggest 3/4 time on this race at max
  13. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Change of plans, im not going to get involved in any one else's race, so I'm not going to start
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Had so many good battles. Was battling most of the race with, glen, stu, aykay, tb, turbo, benny, kart, aykay, kart, tb, benny, tb, benny, tb, just wish i won one of them, even got lapped by slambo. Well done mate, congrats on the championship, getting sick of telling you how good you are. Seriously, its great to race with a bunch of blokes where no one thinks they are any better than anyone else, even if they are. Plenty of respect going around in div 1 at the moment with the racing done in the right spirit. It has been a pleasure, as always this season gentlemen and hope to see you back for the next. Hats of to you stu, we all know you put an awful lot of work in to the league and everyone absolutely appreciates all you do. Thanks mate.
    Cheers, Kart.
  15. Slambobagan

As Kart said Huge thanks to @stucar17 for another great season, and everyone for turning up most weeks to make full grids,
    Had some awesome challenges and battles through the season well done Glenn and JJ on the championship podium ,some good close racing with you guys.Will enjoy a break and look forward to finding out what the next season will look like.
    Big fan of the multi car same class thou
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

congrats to Slambo Glenn & JJ on a great season, you boys were a class above everyone else all season long
    big thanks to Stu for all the effort
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Well done Slambo on the championship. Also congrats to JJ and Glenn on keeping him honest and taking the other 2 steps on the championship podium.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who raced this season. To have 14 cars still on the grid at the 7th round was a great sign...... @Slambobagan , well done on another championship, just too good ! @Glenn Stimson and @JJ_Penguin also awesome job to be at the front of the field almost every week...

Also a huge thanks to @(Medomonen) Blake T for the stream each week. Had a few glitchy issues, but on the whole was a great job and added another layer to what we want to achieve here. I hope you can go again for the new season starting in about a months time !

My race last night.... Qual was very tight, about 5 guys split by .2 of a second, so started 7th, and then had 10 of the best laps of racing i can remember.... @nigegunz @Kart-No-1 @Hoppy (benny11169) @t_b_williams @Aykay @disturboed were all pushing for position at some stage and to get through 10 laps with zero contact is testament to what we have going at the moment.....In case you havent seen the stream here it is ...... just awesome racing :D:D:D:D:notworthy::notworthy:

I lost a spot off the line, but then worked my way back through, to take 4th from nige on about lap 6 or 7 i think..... Fromn there was just a case of no mistakes and hoping either Glenn or Slambo had some issue to bring them back to me..... I pitted on lap 25and came out 5 seconds behind glenn, was making ground in the cooler dark period, but once the track temp went back up he pulled away really easy so from lap 35 was a pretty lonely race TBH....

Will start to get next season set up in the next 2 weeks, am thinking that we will go back to a 1 car series this time and let everyone refresh in the same machinery, before we decide what we will do any other options that may be available to us....
    Thanks for all your support this season guys, really is appreciated.

Stu
  19. Anthonyb

20. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5