ACC Laguna Seca 90min Enduro Monday Season 2 rnd 15 (final round)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]

RaceOnOz season ACC monday nights season 2 final round will be next Monday 29th of June.

Time scale will be 5x (all sessions) this will simulate closer to the real 8 hour time cycle, session times will be as below.
    • Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Friday 9am)
    • Qualifying 15 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 4pm)
    • Race 90 minutes: 9:00pm AEST (in game Sunday 9am)
    RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night.
    Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.

Hotlap server for this round will be the league qualifying server, new entries just need to set a lap in that.

ANYONE THAT HAS NOT YET SET A QUALIFYING TIME WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE RACE SERVER ON MONDAY NIGHT, ALL LATE ENTRIES WILL NEED TO SET A QUALIFYING TIME AND ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY RACED BUT NOT SET A TIME WILL NEED TO DO BEFORE 7PM AEST PRIOR TO THE RACE ON MONDAY IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO RACE IN THIS ROUND.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    This will be full formation lap using Kunos widget start procedure. Our Wednesday tests show this works quite well atm and should avoid any admins needing to manually enforce rules. Still anyone seen trying to gain an unfair advantage in any way during the start procedure may get a post race 30 second penalty.

Its fairly straightforward, follow what it tells you if there is a flashing arrow you must either go forward back or left/right lanes. No weaving once we go double file the start sequence is staggered so no reason to ever run up the back of anyone. It keeps the gaps and then sets the pace for the start at 70kmh max. Do not pass anyone on the pace lap, you are meant to maintain position and not ghost into any cars.

Yanet's Weather Forecast:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its conservative with a small chance of light rain..

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.

Custom Skins
    Custom skins are allowed to be used from this round on, you can either use a skin from the skin pack in this thread, or make your own skin and post a link to download the skin in the custom skins thread. A skin pack will be made for all custom made by 6:30pm on a race night make sure you post a link to your skin prior to that if its not already available in one of our skin packs.

Everyone should download the skin packs to ensure they see everyone's skins, otherwise you will likely see lots of plain black skins.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/custom-skins-and-season-skin-pack.4094/
    Rolz likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

1 mandatory fuel stop... is it the usual "any amount of fuel takes 30 seconds" deal again?
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Same all season. ;)
    Wally likes this.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

6. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

accurate gif is accurate
    tezpez85 likes this.
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Somebody needs to get out there at Laguna with a sledgehammer and fix those red sausage kerbs.
  8. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

I second this motion
  9. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

This will be a tough race. I am not sure if I should sign up for this one, I cannot complete a single stint without spinning and do not want to ruin somebody elses race.
  10. tezpez85

Just a heads up for tomorrow to anyone running the latest Nvidia driver which came out a few days ago; the new setting in Windows Graphics settings that allows the GPU to handle scheduling (which is off by default) caused my ACC to crap out twice during a longish practice session. Like a join lag spike, but then just hangs with video and audio repeating. Probably a good idea to not enable it. Turned it off again and everything seemed fine for a good half hour after that.
  11. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

I'm out for tonight sorry lads, lower back has seized up again so def not fit for a 90min race, pity as I enjoy Laguna Seca, enjoy the last race of the season !
  12. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Bit of an anticlimax, but I've had a whole heap of things go on at home this week which meant my head was not in the right place.
    Loved the season guys, congrats everyone.
    Maybe I'll see you guys around next time.
  13. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I was quite a bit off the pace tonight. Again, the Audi felt really slippery and lacking grip for some reason, but I kept it fairly clean (but slow).

A big thanks to Marty and Steve for putting it all together!
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all that raced this season and this race, Thanks to @SteveDrivingSlowly for all he has done during the season. Was a interesting final race, with a pretty hectic last few weeks with work I havent had much of a chance to get many laps in. My pace was as slow as expected tonight but finish position not so bad except for being lapped by @andyo450 :mad::laugh:

15. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Thanks for the season guys! Be glad to see the back of the fezza and of laguna lol - will have to play in some other cars as no matter what I kept destroying the fronts all season in the fezza - was driving with marshmallows last 15 minutes of that race as Tez can attest to :p great season though thanks all again!
  16. tezpez85

Looked like a fistful of marshmallows!
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  17. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Yep - botched the pressures for the heat at the start so pitted inside the first 30 mins to run to end - they were then too cold and all sorts for torn up then I saw you in the mirrors and thought 'well - i guess this is happening then' lol
    SteveDrivingSlowly, krunch and marty like this.
  18. tezpez85

Just close your eyes and think of England :whistling: :laugh:

Big thanks to @SteveDrivingSlowly for making the championship easy to follow and all the behind the scenes work, @marty for the meticulous planning and execution of every round - I'm sure it's time consuming, and to all that raced this season. Big ups to the class winners and especially @Andy for making us better drivers by giving us a benchmark to chase.
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Congratulations to Andy, Kcender and Terry on the season podium too.
    tezpez85, Flamebadger and marty like this.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

What a great season and a great last race! Season 1 was a heap of fun but the DLC and extra super mega long season this allowed us to have for season 2 has been awesome and a huge challenge.

I had plenty of highs and lows, getting off to a cracking start, having a rough mid-season and finishing up with some great endurance racing and long battles. Silver P2 for me is awesome, I'm very happy with that!

Congrats to Andy O, Andy L and Terry on the Pro Podium...wow! There are so many incredibly fast drivers in this league that holding one of those spots at the top is really something. It takes a lot of skill, consistency, mental toughness (everyone behind shooting mind-lasers at your tyres) and smarts to do it, well done gents.

Amazing job Krunch on winning Silver and really well deserved, you drove a great season and a fantastic last two enduros. We got to have some really great battles this season, it was a blast! Also nice work Sparksman on 3rd, came on massively strong in the second half of the season and going into the last few rounds I thought you were a good bet to take the top spot!

I have to say the top AM's this season were AM in name only and definitely not in speed - well done Gock on a well deserved win, Freeland on second and Mael on third. I had tough battles all season with all three of you, really clean racing and great pace - and certainly some incredible qualy laps, damn!

It gets tough in the mid pack and towards the back in a different way I think to how it must be tough at the front. I spend a lot of my time in there, and it is so easy to pick up damage, especially early in the race. I don't believe anyone is stupid or malicious and goes out intending to dent someone. If you guys are anything like me, then you have less experience, you are constantly pushing into an unknown of some kind, be it track knowledge, or working a set-up, or finding some new pace that suddenly puts you in battles you maybe aren't so familiar with or something else. This describes my season (well both of them)! I made some mistakes that caused others damage or forced them to avoid and sacrifice time, and others around me did the same that affected me too. It is all racing and all part of gaining that critical experience and the skills you cannot acquire from hot lapping. Carrying some damage or working around those issues can make us all feel frustrated and maybe even a bit slower than we really are - I know it does for me and I've heard plenty of people express that too - but again, that is racing! That is what makes it awesome, that there are so many subtle - and not so subtle - challenges to overcome. Some of them are in your head, about how to react and drive through or around an issue, some of them are on the track directly. If you can master both aspects, you're on your way up that ladder.

It's been awesome gents, thank you to all that raced even once for making it so. Looking forward to the next one!
    Cooper, nanlatt, tezpez85 and 5 others like this.