ACC ACC interest on PS4

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 12, 2020.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    It may be that other modes on your TV are upscaling the resolution or performing some other post-process rendering, and Game mode simply turns this off. My PS is attached to a Samsung TV where rendering the upscale can't keep up with games causing lag, stutter etc. which goes away in Game mode.

I also have stuttering issues in ACC on my PC despite maintaining decent frame rates. I have read this is an effect of the unreal engine on older CPUs (I have an i5 2500k) which makes sense as even dropping all the graphics to lowest settings doesn't get rid of it... I have an older Sharp TV for a display and although it definitely doesn't do anything clever like upscaling (it's not a smart TV), I just noticed it does have a Game mode in the AV settings so will try it out... but doubtful it will help as other titles (AC, DirtRally2 etc) run smooth and on much better quality settings. So perhaps the PS version needs more optimisation to meet hardware limitations.

On PC v1 should have still been early access the game was broken. Although Kunos have updated it alot, I have always this game was incomplete, especially as far as multiplayer goes. So not surprised console version has issues.

I wish I had more time to dedicate to mastering the intricacies of the game because the driving feel and dynamic environment is great. Even tuning is more intricate because these things are so sensitive to aero, which is affected by suspension - they are like stealth bombers! inherently unstable and only keep flying because of all the electronics :roflmao:

Anyway hope they sort out the bugs on PS4 for you guys interested to see how it pans out. :thumbsup:
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    If you want to host the image on another sharing site (e.g. Imgur) and put a link in the spreadsheet, go right ahead
    PaulCox likes this.
  3. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Ill setup another PSN chat to post lap times.
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Since yesterday’s update mine is working 100%
  5. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  6. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    It’s not like the other games really. The cars have there own abs and tc but that’s because they have them in real life. There’s no extra options for them like in pcars 2 so I don’t really see them as assists.
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I would suggest no stability control
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Do what you want. If you think it's noteworthy, put it in the comments column, or not . So many variables can affect lap times in this game. The times are more reference values than absolute. If we want to actually organise a time trial event under specific conditions, we can do that
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  9. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    All good, you can't pull a valid lap with stability on at Silverstone event.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    First foray into online multiplayer, many games crashes, could only join via friends ps4 menu, finally got into one Zolder race, but couldn't choose car so had to settle with lambo, which was over steer galore. Couldn't get a clean qually lap in, started in the pits for some reason (apparently you need to manually join the grid before timer counts down?) and proceeded to put in a few laps with multiple spins and came a convincing last. Tried to join again, but was unsuccessful. So, back to offline for me until they get online a bit more stable
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

faaaaark... they shoulda called it Competizione Disapointimenti
  12. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    It's a shame you were having those connection issues there Ursine, I was able to play every online game I entered - I had one where I got a connection error right on the last lap while I was in third, but it's no problem really.

Maybe those who didn't see any servers before are still having issues with the online even though you can see the servers... I'll be having a break from it tonight though lol
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    No, I still can't see any servers from the multiplayer screen other than the Competition servers (sometimes). The only way I could enter was using "join session" feature from ps4 friends menu. Trying to click on server list in game has resulted in game crash 100% of time so far
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Go to the bottom of that screen and select server list. You should get a list of all the available servers to choose. If you get blue screen, try again, and again.
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Yer mate you have to press drive after you pick your setup.
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Only for some. Very stable for me.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Ditto - I am one of the lucky ones that haven't had any problems.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just like Bart Simpson! o_O
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    What do you mean? Are the 2019 tracks different? I assume I've been using 2018