GT Sport Season 12 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 2, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Might need to pray a bit more :D
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  2. Tony4Fingerz

Tony4Fingerz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    TonyFourFingerz
    CARN the PEAR
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Need a RBT on rooz to prevent some of this stuff I think
    Max Gassit likes this.
  4. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I think the most important matter to consider is that the divisions are originally based on one-lap pace from a redundant qualifying format. The fastest drivers over a lap are put in the top division. Ability over one lap on an empty track isn't an accurate reflection of a driver's racecraft. With pace comes ego. It's only natural that in a competitive environment that a driver needs to have belief in their own ability. There's no fault in that. The issue comes in lack of respect for the competition. Not just the competing individuals, but the competition as a whole. So many Div1 drivers are notorious for not seeing out seasons and making up excuses while they retreat to a comfort zone to prepare for the following season. Winning is far more important to many than having a good race week in week out. Egos get damaged and stupid arguments are had in the forums.

I can jump in a lobby with guys like @Bryan @Viperzed & @GT-71CKL and we can race wheel to wheel with no contact for an entire race. We're all friends and team mates, and could very easily decide to stuff about and punt each other for a laugh. But nobody does. We have the utmost respect not only for each other but for the artistry in racing. There's a very good reason why each of these guys were selected to drive in our team.

A number of Div1 drivers here don't demonstrate that ability. They have an immature do-or-die attitude and accept no responsibility for their misjudged moves. It's why I originally left ROOZ. The behaviour of these few tarnishes the Div1 label and is why drivers like NAACS has no interest in competing there. I feel for the guys in lower divisions working on their craft and climbing the ladder each season. The higher up they go the more toxic the environment. It's a catch-22.

XLXY moronic response for the 3rd grade mentality in 3, 2, 1...
    Max Gassit, Viperzed, Pubs16 and 4 others like this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Great point regarding the qually lap thing, but @Matthyus has been working on the divisions for a while now, which factor in race pace, championship position etc etc. The divisions aren't based on one lap pace anymore, and haven't been for a while.
  6. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    So why isnt Jono in Div3 from all his incomplete seasons? :roflmao:
    GT-71CKL likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I was going to jump in with something like this.
    the qually system only uses the one lap for new signups of which we have no prior knowledge
    then we use the races they race in to move them up or down if required (meet n greet being prime time for this)
    Peersy, Mezign and Kieran_B33 like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't want div 2 finishing a lap down lol
    although really the top of div 2 can be quite quick so it's never that simple

@Matthyus any chance you could do a data explanation for a few div 1 staples using that fancy spreadsheet you made? (pretty please)
    Apex_64, Peersy and Matthyus like this.
  9. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I wasn't critiquing the method. I know you guys are working with what you've got. I'm simply stating that because of the method it doesn't provide an accurate way to place members. Like I said "the divisions are originally based on one-lap pace".
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    So because of this, only the first 3 seasons, maybe, were a bit unbalanced. They have been extremely competitive for the last few seasons now.
    Because in the races he does finish, he finishes well.
  11. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Damn that’s funny LoL. Nearly pissed my pants laughing so hard.
    seth123 likes this.
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Tonight when I'm home. Gotta earn some peanuts first.
    CaptainRisky21 and seth123 like this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    You left rooz cause you were bullied for being a pain on the forum called everyone out and legged it

The rest of this tho, I see what you mean but maybe just @Jono in the future instead of saying division 1 drivers :rolleyes:
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I am the worst offender at ROOZ for being fairly quick over a lap with an empty track, but I have shocking race craft. I do try to be clean though, and respect other drivers, but I have been guilty of over reacting to an incident in a race.
    I have raced most guys here in community formats and lack of respect for other drivers etc. is not a problem that exists only in Div1. Just as you stated ego drives pace, so ego creates a more competitive environment in Div1. Overall most guys here try to race clean.

**In please Mr Hat, "the obvious problem" wants to battle at the back in Div1 please.
    Understand if I am too slow now or nobody in Div1 wants to race in Div2.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    div 1 has 16 starters so we will have a look at who we think should go to div 2
  16. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I'd be happy to swap my place with someone in Div 1!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You’re on
    seth123 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I'll put my hand up to swap.

I'm generally to drunk on a Sunday to be competitive in div1 anyways.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Respect ....... is hard to earn and very easy to lose.

Looking back to the days when ROOZ was a simple little group of GT5 racers, spread up to the max of about 7 divisions at one point, there did seem to be more respect shown towards other drivers and the systems we had in place. We still had our 'interesting' characters, who thought that blatant ramming off the track and corner cutting were fair game, then whinged about getting pinged for it.

Regardless of what platform i have been involved in setting up, the protest and penalty system is the whole basis of the community. We have tinkered with it over the years, from being too strict, to being too lax, from being accused of being biased, or even turning a blind eye. The FACT is, if you have something to protest to make the driving standards better, and all drivers accountable, then all of us, regardless of the platform, need to respect that system first and foremost. If we dont respect and follow it, put simply, there is no community. The guys who put their hand up to make decisions in terms of stewards groups, season set up, ladders and division placement do it out of good will, and wanting to have somewhere to race in a clean and enjoyable environment. Hat (and others) work their arse off to give you guys somewhere to race.

Respect for fellow members is also lacking at times, which may or may not be through the fact that a lot of us are long term members. In some instances, those comments are worse, as those people should know better, and what this community is about. Some of the things members have posted here in the last few months have been well over the top, and certainly dont do anything to add to the racing, or community in general. Those people know who they are, and have been called out on it. Some are treading a thin line.

The bottom line is this, race hard, race fair but if you screw up, OWN IT. Its not that hard.
    Accept the decisions of the officials, and move on. Im pretty sure in most 'protest situations' there is 1 driver who feels they were hard done by. Stirring the pot, and creating issues that the whole community (new and old) can see is just juvenile.

Respect.....Rant over
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    In
    Apex_64 likes this.