GT Sport Season 12 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Alrighty.
    As per @Hatfield request, I've played with Excel a bit to produce the following.
    [​IMG]
    Intro
    The above data is created by taking your FL and Total Race Time, converting it into Milliseconds and then comparing it all other racers who competed. This then creates the figures above. I then store all this data to create a historical model as well as giving me the option to choose a type of car to fine tune division allocation.
    Lower down on the chart the faster or closer you are to the fastest (Keeden, generally)
    NOTE - If you 'DSC', in EXCEL it counts that as a N/A and doesn't count towards your overall pace.

First up the obvious.
    The Blue line is Keeden, the little dots above S4 and S9 are Matt.
    He is the closest in pace to Keeden. It makes the gap between those 2 and the rest look large and to be honest it is.
    I'm sure Matt if he read this, could respond with how many times he has actually beaten Keeden...

Now, I use the following scale to slot divisions.
    1 to 1.015 - D1
    1.015 to 1.025 - D2
    1.025 to 1.035 - D3
    1.035 to 1.045 - D4
    1.045+ - D5

As you can see, all racers in a slower car selected are well below the 1.015 mark, denoting they have the pace to race in D1.
    And if we are being honest, If I could I create tighter divisions. 1 to 1.005 and up in groups of 5, but we don't have the numbers to make this a possibility...yet :)

There has been talk of a few names in this thread, hence the request for this data / explanation.
    Here goes.
    XL - AVG - 9 - Remains a firm D1 staple and I would continue to place him in D1 as overall is one of the fastest in the division, outside of a very short list.
    Jono - AVG - 13.5 - Remains a firm D1 staple, however in the cars selected is a more possible podium to mid pack battler.
    Hat - AVG - 11 - The talk around the watercooler is that Hat is too slow for D1. Now while finding a podium in this Division is tough, Hat is actually up there in overall pace. Well and truly a podium chance to mid pack battler.
    Risky - AVG - 10.9 - Remains a firm D1 staple, consistently dancing overall pace figures with Hat. Has glimpses of sheer 'luck' / skill to show he has what it takes to be playing in D1.
    Mez - AVG - 8.5 - Although this is only 1 season of data and this was back in S2, Mez has pace. D1.
    Bryan - AVG - 9.5
    Razor - AVG - 12

Now let's add a few other names to the list.
    Apex - Ends up with a AVG of 14.5. Using my normal breakup, should be a D1 racer, but as Apex has mentioned himself, a back pack battler.
    Kev - Ends up with an AVG of 15. Mid to back pack battler, showing signs of being a solid D1 staple and a mid pack battler.
    Holdenman - AVG 15.9. Starting to move into the Top of D2 here. If in D1, if on the money could be a solid mid pack battler.
    UNC Pubs - AVG 15. Same as Kev.
    Fubbs - AVG 19.
    Naacs - AVG 16
    [​IMG]
    Let's just for fun show this
    Keeden - AVG - 0.02
    Matt - AVG - 0.05

For added funz
    Me - AVG 26
    Emmo - AVG - 20
    Incey - AVG - 22
    Pat - AVG - 27

With all that has been said, I put a lot of work into making sure that the divisions are as tight as possible. My only aim here is to enable everyone in the division they have been allocated (mainly 2 downwards) to be capable of hitting a podium.
    With the pace division between Keeden and the rest of D1, I do understand that it makes it hard to be generally constantly chasing 2nd. But it does dangle a carrot. Let's ask Risky how beating Keeden feels.

I'm sure it feels pretty good :)

If you would like to ask me some questions, please feel free to do so.
    I'm more than happy to talk.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You forgot to add the philosophy, religion, sarcasm, whining, name calling! Just all this data god dammit! At least you kept in a bit of humour. :thumbsup: Matthys for Div 1! :laugh:
  3. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I have zero interest in racing around the back of Div1. I'm only here in a team support capacity which I cannot do if you stack 75% of our drivers in the same division. I also don't trust the racecraft of half of the division 1 drivers who decide their moves based on personal opinion of another driver. I'm most likely going to end up the pinball of the class clowns all season which I don't really care for.

Your results on me are historically correct but inaccurate currently. I raced back then with a DS4. I now race with a wheel, no aids (including ABS) and nursing a wrist reconstruction. I don't feel I'm anywhere near Div1 pace anymore. The DB9 and RX7 race results confirmed that much. If I'm in Div1 you might as well count me out.
  4. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Thats your own fault for recruiting div 1 drivers. and i dont want to race div 1 either but we dont all get what what we want. just race or leave simple
  5. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Bro I literally have no thumbs and I use a DS4
  6. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    We didn't specifically hire ROOZ Div1 drivers. Satellite has over 80 active drivers. Just happens to be the majority of the pin prick of them competing here that miraculously all got placed in Div1. The ROOZ drivers we targeted when entering were all lower divisions. Can't help it if our team nurtures talent. Maybe we're just doing too good a job o_O:laugh:
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Win something then.
  8. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    You havent even run a race yet how can you say you are nurturing talent? and by lower divs you mean div 2 right?
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Show us where the bad people touched you xx
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you're in luck.
    With the new signups that have just come in, that drops you to division 2.
    I hope you have a good season and wish you the best in your recovery for your wrist :)
    Mezign likes this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    No.
    :p
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    @Matthyus damn you for not including the R.S.01
  13. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done champ! :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Mezign, Mustafur, Noremac and 5 others like this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You keep harping on about being a target, but nobody's targeted you? After all of the practice races, you failed to mention that you were being targeted unfairly (apart from my rub alongside you at Laguna) but you make a big stink about it now. If you get put in div 1 and decide not to race, that's on you, not the rest of the div.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    enough already. Lets just get on with the racing.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It’s comments like this I was talking about earlier.
    Completely unnecessary and add absolutely nothing to the “discussion”
  17. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Well played sir, well played
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @capn_Ayden you should change it to “A Win”
    UrsineSaturn9 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Win = Yes
  20. shaun0899@gmail

shaun0899@gmail New Recruit