ACC In between seasons Monday season 3 Signup and entries

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jun 21, 2020.

1. GentlemanJez

GentlemanJez Rookie

Thanks for organising this! I've got a long way to go. Didn't come last in the second race so that's something :laugh:
    Also, apologies to who I gave a boop too on the first corner of the second race, it was madness in there.
    Side point, looking into getting a CSL Elite, anyone got any experience with it?
    krunch likes this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey mate, by all accounts I think you did really well for your first race here - I have no idea of your background etc but whenever I saw you on track you were safe and had a good, predictable line which makes it great (safe) for the other drivers around you, a very good way to start. I hope you had fun - after a year doing this I still think of myself as very new with much to learn but I can tell you that this is a great place to hang out, learn about racing and be on track with some very experienced and seriously fast guys that you can watch and learn a lot from.

I don't have any experience with the CSL Elite - I'm using Fanatec CSW2.5 with the V3 pedals and Formula V2 wheel, which is the only gear I've ever used. I also have the BMW GT wheel. My experience with Fanatec so far has been excellent, I've had a couple of small issues (some stitching on my BMW wheel, a broken loadcell in my pedals) but the support I got and the fixes were very polite, fast and solved my issues, no worries. I have no frame of reference but to me this set-up feels incredible - I've heard great things about the CSL Elite too and if you are coming from a G29 or similar, I'm told the difference is well worth it - especially if you get the loadcell pedal which is a game changer. I am sure there are people here who have direct experience with the CSL Elite that can offer you some more detail.
  3. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    According to the roadmap (https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/) British GT isn't due until early next year
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Going by that then we wont do the mixed class British season til next year. The single make series will run for 6-8 weeks and maybe we can run an open gt4 series after that. Wednesdays I will run an open gt4 series after the 5 rnd 911 cup and will put up a vote for what people would like season 4 to be.

Here are the highlights from Rnd 1 at Zolder in the Boatley's

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  5. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Those highlights captured a lot of good racing!

I was a bit disappointed initially on the first video because ACC's wonderful highlight algorithm just kept doing its thing and not showing any actual racing for the first few mins, but it got there in the end, atta boy algorithm.

Also I think you may have labelled Race 1 as 2 and vice versa @marty ;)

Whether it's s4, or whether we wait for a future BritishGT inspired season or otherwise, I really look forward to a mixed-class season, but that may depend on how many people are willing to run the slower cars once the novelty wares off; but I look forward to it happening in any event!
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I did fix the race naming and they are now correct, the highlights algorithm does some weird things at times, last wednesday it didnt even auto save either race for me so I had no highlights. :( Its a fairly cool feature that hopefully is getting ongoing development as does make for some interesting clips when it kinda works.
  7. Meow

Meow New Recruit

"firstName":"Jordan",
    "lastName":"Kleeman",
    "shortName":"JRD",
    # 44
    Hoping it's not too late to join
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

People can sign up at any time and you dont need to run all rounds.
    Meow likes this.
  9. Phil Rowden

Phil Rowden New Recruit

"firstName":"Phil",
    "lastName":"Rowden",
    "shortName":"PAR",
    # 8
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With the release of the gt4 pack it would be good to know.if there are guys that want to race but dont have the gt4 dlc or are not intending to get it. If thats the case then we could run gt3 and gt4 cars on Monday nights for the next few weeks. Picking a random single car from each class for this to work I wouod need to know the people that want to race gt4 and those that dont have the dlc and want to stay with gt3 cars.

People that dont have the dlc should be able to run in a server with gt4 cars still. If this is a non issues and all end up getting the dlc then we can just continue this in between season as planned and run a mixed class season for season 4.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

I just bought the DLC but having major drama with my PC today, Nvidia has killed everything...:(
  12. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I bought the DLC last night and didn't have any dramas with the latest Nvidia drivers.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

I think it is something specific to my system - updated BIOS and now the new Nvidia driver is installing OK finally...so should be all good now.
    krunch and nanlatt like this.
  14. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I ran a few of the cars back to back around Nurburgring last night just to get a bit of a feel for it. They seem to move around a lot but in a much more controllable way (except the Maserati - killer). Good fun, I can see some excellent racing coming on.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

yeah I just took a long coffee break (joys of working from home) and tested out the Porsche at Bathurst and the BMW at Suzuka - both a lot of fun but quite different from the GT3's. The racing is fantastic, probably helped by the fact that everyone is unfamiliar with the cars so the pace was a lot closer than usual - and that the cars can take a few hits and you can recover it without spinning out and losing a tonne of time. Also they don't seem to mind the damage as there isn't that much aero in the first place so door banging is not the race ruining experience it often is in the GT3's.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have loaded up some servers, there is a hot lap server at Monza for gt4 cars only so you can get some practice for Monday.

Sadly the update didn't bring any meaningful changes server wise so beyond the new content there is nothing to be excited about here. Lobby still broken and Rooz public servers dont show in the lobby unless manually searched for, no ping limits, no sort servers by ping, no cp server in our region.
  17. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

GT4's locked and loaded
  18. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

"firstName":"Lloyd",
    "lastName":"Young",
    "shortName":"YOU",

Number 33 or 23 please

I'm keen to do the GT4 races not so much the GT3 unless its at leguna seca :) If thats ok ?
    marty and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  19. Jordan Groom

Jordan Groom New Recruit

Hey guys,
    New to the forum. Would love to race in a league with you guys. Wont make the GT4 race this Monday but will start the following GT3 race.

"firstName":"Jordan",
    "lastName":"Groom",
    "shortName":"JTG",
    Number #7 if available thank you.
    Cheers guys
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    marty likes this.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hey mate, you can do as much or as little as you want :)

Welcome aboard dude :thumbsup:
    Jordan Groom and marty like this.