Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 5: Groundhog day

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Jun 15, 2020.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Woohoo Disturboed back in the mix :)
    [​IMG]
    So nobody opted for the Porsche - like Kieran says it's unforgiving but very quick if you keep a handle on it!
    Also interesting these cars ended up being typically ~5% (<20s per stage) faster than the H3 class, I thought there would be a bigger difference - perhaps should have started off in H2 RWD instead :whistling: Guess because they are not the nimble little chassis' we normally see in loose surface rally and the H3 still have respectable P/W ratio.
    Anthonyb, Hatfield and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Close one slambo! Nice pace and consistent times. Round 5 benchmark set. A few hairy moments, but no major incidents. Enjoying this championship!
    Slambobagan and KoAStR like this.
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Hey yea got close at the end, Went through a fence and got a puncture on the last stage, limped it to the end. Was lucky I still finished 2nd
    Still I can’t believe how fast koastr is thou, out of 6 stages I only had 1 green sector, your just on another level mate. I would love to watch a couple of your replays to see how ya do it.
    Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I wondered if something happened to you on the last stage. Well done edging into 2nd for the round and overall despite that though. Cheers mate. I will try to remember to record a replay sometime this season and post it up. Any preferences for camera angles?

In the mean time there's a handful I recorded in Dirt Rally 1 here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0UWzYrN1RBDC2tOdGn9d8Ren0fTz_zfD
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I'm guessing you just know the stages and the codriver is just there as a occasional reminder.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he runs with hud off, co-driver off, and screen off
    it's all done via force feedback and muscle memory
    tezpez85 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. Anthonyb

:laugh::laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol actually do run with HUD off. A few critical corners stand out in my memory but I still rely heavily on the pace notes, there's way too many turns and variations (surface degradation, track width, undulations, camber and weather) to commit to memory - what I do find is you develop a general feel and comfort with how the pace notes relate to surface conditions and track limits at each location. This leads to improved composure which lends itself to pushing the go pedal harder :)

It's the old case of composed entry, fast exit. Do your braking early. Corner on the throttle and use available track width as much as possible.
    tezpez85, Anthonyb and Kieran_B33 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Much preferred this car to the last (used the lancer this time)
    Went well in stages 1-5 with no major issues
    then stage 6 was going ok until the following heart-stopping moments
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Ouch!
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Finished my run. I like these NR4 cars they are simple and easy to drive, just wish there was more variety in the class.
    Currently leading, but I'm guessing that will change:p. Was pretty close with @Hatfield but had built an OK gap after 4 stages which i threw away in the 5th stage with a big off. After stage 5 i went from 9 seconds up to 3 seconds down, luckily Hat had some issues in stage 6 as shown in his video so I managed to finish the event 9 seconds ahead:thumbsup:
    Anthonyb, UrsineSaturn9 and Hatfield like this.
  12. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Binned it many times and had to stop for a puncture. I swear, just like Battlefield makes me realise I'd die real quick in a war, Dirt makes me realise I'd be broke rallying IRL. (and/or dead)
    Anthonyb and Kieran_B33 like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Yep it is a much cheaper option on this game. I had either many small off road adventures or at least one big crash on every stage pushing way too hard. Lancer was good straight out of the box would do another event in this car.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great times guys. Especially stage 4 there's only a 16s spread so far, :eek: and up until then I'm juust fending off @Kieran_B33 - pity you binned it mate would have been close overall ;) This combo seems to level the field so going to be very interesting to see how it all shapes up!

Gave myself a couple of stages to warm up, then got a replay as requested @Slambobagan - from Stage 3 (Ocean Beach Sprint Reverse) . Unfortunately I didn't select the correct sound device so there's music instead :confused: "Keep on Pushing" by an NZ group seemed appropriate!

Experimenting with the control input overlay. Some refinement needed. And a green screen glitch in there too :( but took about 100 minutes to process in the video editor so, she'll be right as-is mate.... Offers little insight for anyone looking to going faster with times being so close this event and newcomer @Boogey being the man to beat (well done) :thumbsup:, but a good trial run, hope you enjoy it anyway :cool:

15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so you are human
    well done @Boogey
    Boogey and Kieran_B33 like this.
  16. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Great, another alien to contend with :alien:
    tezpez85 and Boogey like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Boogey likes this.
  18. Boogey

Boogey New Recruit

thanks guys :)
  19. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Did anyone else get a significant performance drop in Dirt Rally 2 with the recent update? (or possibly latest Nvidia drivers). Frames dropping everywhere. ACC is fine.
  20. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    @Matthyus haven't seen your name in the timings for a while, are you coming back for a rumble in the rally cars?:)
    Anthonyb and Matthyus like this.