DIVISION 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Fixed :oops: :oops: !! Sorry.....

Was a good round, i do like this track, it just flows well.....good to race on with the exaggerated draft and a couple of good overtake spots...

Just hope i can make this weeks final.......
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ok round results
    1 Stu + fastest lap 22 points 1st+2nd
    2 Doug (nice effort mate, came down to a tenth of a sec) 14 points 1st+2nd

Darth and rico tied as well, Darth gets the nod by .028 so...

3 Darth 10 points 3rd+5th
    4 Rico 8 points 3rd+5th
    5 Gary 6 points 6th+4th
    6 Ostey (sorry bud that start bug cost ya) 5 points 7th+4th
    7 tekNique (yay for throw away round) 4 points 6th+7th
    8 GTP (missed race 1 and practice) 3 points DNS+8th

That looks right to me, have a look over people. If anyone has an issue that they think was more than a racing incident/accident PM me or message me on PSN.

Well the race from my view (cant remember alot actually I was pretty wasted)
    Didnt get alot of laps in durning practice got a few but wasnt feeling it. Qual came and I tried to put a few decent laps in but I just couldnt nail the second sector. Ended up about 1 sec off the pole time which put me in last :? I resigned to the fact knowing that at least every one was close. There were a few last minute scraps for pole and Stu took it out.

Race start, it loads abit slow and Ostey gets the stuck on the grid bug. Im worring about that abit so I cant concentrate %100 . I just chill hanging back, move up a spot or 2. Then I got stuck on someone coming out that fast right hander after the back straight. They were stuck on the wall and I couldnt stop hitting them (I think the same thing happened in race 2) I hate that corner. After that I only had Ostey behind with a big gap, and decent gap in front so I almost mentally gave up I guess.

Race 2, we all get off the line but turn 1 is pretty ugly. Some one gets of the gas to give GTP room but they get rear ended sending them into GTP, I hang wide watching it. Hanging wide costs me posistions and I drop to 4th. Not long after Stu catches me and I give him plenty of room as theres no point holding him up. Later I have a chance to at least hold of a spirted Gaz as I had a good gap but I oversteer into the wall coming out of turn 1 and I have to fumble around for revervse as I tried to drive out of it but it sucked me in more. (Stupid magnet walls)

That cost me more than 10 seconds odd and any chance of catching Gaz, I just tried to do some decent laps and managed to get my fasest lap on lap 9 race 2. Probably needed another 20-30 laps of practice and I may of rested on my lorals.

Congrats to the podium getters.
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

No No.....no flow :cool: I didnt like it at all, I dont know why but I dont like street circuits. Maybe cause I dont use brake markers. Sound was weird too, dull rumbling the whole time.

BTW, if anyone has a problem with racing next sunday we can try move forward a day or back. Be good to have every one there.
  4. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    i reckon your still right in it stu.

with the drop your worst round you would be closer to tek than what you think and that fastest lap bonus is huge in fact

if tek drops this round he'd still be on 92 and you would be on 78 i think

a win and a fastest lap at the burg and if tek finishes 4th or below and your still a shot.
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

:eek: Shhhhhhh :shock:

I know that, he already did way too much practice at Rome :mrgreen: dont give him any ideas :lol:

Or I'll have to bring out the "Im a beast at the Burg" Na im quite confident there I know the track well, its no Laguna or Tskuba for me but im comftable with it.. :|

I probably should of held him up more the second race lol.....na Im not a ferrari driver. Would of been very interesting if he managed to hold me off at Laguna, might prove crucial.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Hahahaha, to each his own......i like it though......itsnt funny you like tracks you go ok at....i hated eiger.....lol, i sucked there!!

dont change the race night.......it wont matter when you do it someone will be unavailable, its just the way things are.if i cant make it thats my prob, not anyone elses!!
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bloody laguna....you had me there without the mistake, might have been a rub or 2 but you were much faster the last few laps laps so no biggie...will be happy with a podium finish in my first season...i notice that nurburg is a time progression race, please tell me we wont be doing many in the dark because i suck at that!!
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I think it says weather on the poster too, which I must say dosent suit me so its wide open. If we do end up using.

Anything could happen, mine to lose though :cry:

Have to see if every one runs weather.
  9. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Yes time progression and weather, makes the final race more interesting!! :D
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Weather on Sports tyres... Forgive me... but that seems rather stupid... it's hard enough on a dry track???? Are we using racing wets/inters at least??

Edit... Hmm, Ok, ignore what I wrote before (if you saw it.. I just deleted it). Had a go with Sports Hard and it wasn't TOO bad in the drizzle that fell. Made an under-steering pig even more under-steery, but definitely do-able.... Just have to slow down even more...lol

Headlights are crap on this track, not sure why it's so bad... You get a big dark blur until you're right on a corner. Track Knowledge is going to be a huge bonus for this round... Luckily, I've done a bazillion laps around here... Hope everyone gets some practice in.

:)
  11. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

i dont know this track at all. i dont race on it cuz its to long.
    the only racing ive done on this track is in the mercedes speciel event.
    i think its to long to get a perfect lap.
    so r u saying if it rains we dont have to put wets on?
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    The challenge of the Nordschleife.... day, night, rain... even snow (I've seen it in game) ....I'm there!!

BEST TRACK IN THE WORLD.
  13. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Top tip: turn the brightness on your telly up, works wonders.
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I did a few laps last night. As long as the lobby is set to " sunny " to start with, you only get light rain. You do have to slow down a bit, but it is manageable. I got a 10:23.xxx in rain at night. I think a 10 min flat is possible in the dry during daylight.

Just for info, I set the lobby to start at 3:30am with time progression of 35. Seemed to work ok, maybe slow the progression down to 30. Will test it out again tonight.

Also. Firewind, we are using the 24 hr track (not the standard nurburg ring), so make sure you get the right one. It uses part of the nurburg gp track.

15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea mate that's right. You just drive through it with no risk of getting caught out on the wrong tyres.
    1) sport tyres restriction doesn't have a wet or intermediate tyre option.
    2) sports tyres are grooved (semi-slick) and don't loose that much grip in the wet anyway.
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Im confused abit I can only see Nerchief/change time (spelling lol)

The only one with change time and weather is the 24 hour version is that the one were running?
    Wasnt there some bug that stopped us running the 24hr version last season? Do you leave weather on Sunny and its changes by its self?
  17. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yup, we're running the 24 hr track. I think the bug has been fixed where some of the track vanished as you were racing on it. I did 5 laps last night and the track was fine.

18. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

aaagghhhh its hard enough on the standard track, now i gota learn an extra little big bit to the already big track :shock:
  19. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

Man, 4 laps in a pitch-black rainstorm nearly killed me. I'm running 13:36 in those conditions, but bu the time the weather clears I'm too wasted to go any faster.

Tek, what start time, time progression, and initial weather will you be setting, for the practicing? This is gonna be epic.

Also, are y'all planning a pit stop? After 4 laps all in rain I still had about 75% rear and perfect fronts (TCS 1, ABS 1)
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hi guys,

did a few laps last night, started at 5:30 with time progression at 35, so got dark about half way round the lap, in the rain as well.....put simply, i suck!!! but it is great fun.. the swear jar is now full. :lol:

Buggered if i know how some of you guys run in the mid 10,s ??? Give me a touring car, with racing rain tyres and i might be able to keep up!!

Anyone up for some prac tonight??? from about 9?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.