DIVISION 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

I should be on tonight a bit before 11 EST
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Im not sure of the exact settings, but I'd asume every division would run the same. Full details will be messaged by PSN tonight or tomorrow. Race will start at the normal time, unless everyone would like to start 30 mins early? 7 laps seems like it could take ages....so I would.

Time should be run so over 7 laps it does 24hrs imo......Start at dusk finish dusk. Or start evening finish evening ect ect.
    This sound good to me

I like the sound of 20.

Im not sure how the weather works, how you get random weather>? I only see sunny or rain.
    So im thinking
    7pm EST open for practice qual
    8pm EST race start
    time progression 20
    weather??

I might pit, its not a rule though. Driver decision.

Will update Wiki tonight.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    tek i might really struggle if half hour early........will go with general concensus though, might have to miss prac and most of qually
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Either way ok for me (in SA), we''ll do it this way. If every one is in we'll start earlier. Otherwise 8;30pmEST start.
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I think it is always random weather on the "change weather" track option unless you tick the "fixed" box next to sunny/rain.

If you select rain, it will start off raining monsoonal style and then probably dry out at some stage during the race. If sunny, then when it does start raining it doesn't seem so torrential.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries, majority rules. All good.

As for the weather, last night I did a few laps and It was mixed for me, 1'race started wet, one dry and the other started raining half way round. Think it's a lottery, we could go all race with no rain.
  7. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    As Disturboed said, select "Sunny" (which it is by default) and the rain will come randomly and only fairly light... enough to make you slow down a bit.

Don't hit the "fixed" button next to sunny though or you will have no rain at all. Definitely don't select "Rain" or you'll be sliding everywhere.

:)
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Ah, memories of Monza last season :)

Well,it looks like I have talked my daughter into having birthday lunch instead of dinner on Sunday, so I can make it at this stage :)
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I dont mean to be a downer but I tried time start 12:00 (midday) time progression 20 and I got the invisible track bug :shock:

Did 1 warm up lap, one lap of 10:23 (had a few mistakes) by the start of lap 3 its was getting dusk conditions and turn 3 disapeared. I went straight on. I reversed to were I thought it should be found the rest of the track but all the background went sorta see thru.

I dont know if time start and progression had anything to do with it. I exited the session after that.

Edit wiki is now updated http://wiki.gtleagueoz.com/index.php/Season_3
    If u see any mistakes let me know.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Sorry had afew drinks as Ive got tommorow off so i wont be on PSN to message all details. will do tomorrow.

I might make the race start 10am or 11am and 20 time progression. I dont want to be at that corner at dusk, I dont know if its my model PS3 but im not kidding about the disapearing track. It totally stuffs you.

Will test different start times tomorrow.
  11. ricoXR4

ricoXR4 New Recruit

Did some practice last night for the first time this season, thought I better given I haven't really raced on the 24hr ring layout before and seeing its the last race of season 3. Did 6 laps with time progression to get me both day and night. Didn't get any rain. Stu came in just as I was leaving. A few points:

Turn two (the second bit of the first chicane) is very tight! Hard to get the Tamora round here, thought about using the handbrake...

The dark is bloody challenging, although forces you learn the track. The fast sections are the hardest, those little kinks in the straights turn into full on corners in the dark. I didn't get any rain, but add that on = death.

Best lap was 10:11, but if I drove like that in the race would have to pit twice.

Looking forward to Sunday!
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will definately be on tonight guys from about 8:30 if you want to join (missus going out!!). Did a few laps again last night and really struggled, but did manage a 10:24 in light rain. All my other laps were rubbish!!

Any idea how many have confirmed for sunday night Tek. Hoping for a fuller grid....just to make things more interesting!!
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Will be sending out PSN details today, had a big night last night met some chick and we pashed like school kids for hours.....ha ha. Will be on today but probably earlier around 5 pm adelaide time.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that what they call it these days

Dont tire yourself out too much for sunday!!
  15. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

Well I got my new wheel in the mail today (a DFGT) so I've no excuses, and no, wheels are not cheap in Japan. In fact they are sold out everywhere.

I'm finding it actually harder to recover from drifts though. Any tips for settings? I'm using simulation - FFB 8 - and no power assist steering.

Anyway I'll be on late, hope you all don't call it a night early!
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I use a DFGT FFB 2, simulation no power assit too. Try a lower FFB setting, I find the DFGT's pretty strong.

Just got off a long practice session with stu, M1k, chev and stumbles. Sorry Darth i dont race late cause my wheel wakes others, i'll be on again tomorrow tho.

There seems to be two types of rain, light which is sweet and heavy which is well insane :shock:

I started a session it had patchy cloud, M1K then joined and it got greyer. Light rain eventually started to fall but it was still ok can run 10:30-45 in those conditions on sports. Then a lap or so later it got heavier, by this time the other guys had joined.

We all had stone cold fronts and no grip. You get used to it, requires alot of concentration though and its easy to get frustrated with it ....but drivable. I think the 13 min lap you mentioned earlier Darth was in the heavy conditions cause when we ran in the heavy rain at night our times were simular. Also heavy rain shows no sign of clearing and its bloody hard to see when your behind some one at pace, you get a white out and darkout the same time lol.

Eventually I reseted the room and the same thing happened again but quicker, (M1k is good in those conditions btw).
    Anyway it should be an interesting race, in short be prepared for anything. (M1k took over host after, we did one race started clear, then nice soft rain by then end of lap 2 the rain cleared----never seen that)

Also the in game start time will be tweaked abit, I thought it would resest when you start the race. After testing I see it dosent, so qual will start in the early moring. Race start late morning/midday, race finish late morning/lunch. Personally I hope its dry :p

PS, Ive message all div 3 members on PSN.
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Looks like other divs had issues too guys

Provisional results.
    Rico 1hr 12 min 6 secs
    Tek +1min 26 secs
    Doug +1 min 36 secs
    Dori +1min 55 secs
    Gary +2min 57 secs
    Darth +no time
    Stu +no time

As I mentioned in the div 2 thread we resest after qual, as half the feild were stuck on the grid.
    I adjusted race start time so it would start at midday. Thankfully the weather was clear as it was pouring during qual. It was looking good for stu early as he lead a pack of 3 out of the "Burg" into the Norchief.
    I was about 3 seconds back in 4th ( stu needed to finish 1st and me to get a 4th) Something happened though, I was too far back too see it but I passed him while he was sideways on the track. From there I closed up to the leaders about half way thru lap one.

Managed to get past doug and get on Ricos tail and stayed there till the start of lap 3 where a few mistakes started to creep in, the gap got to 10sec then 20 secs odd. Rico then pitted the end of lap 3 and came out about 10 secs behind me and about 3 behind doug. It wasnt long before he caught doug and had me in his sights. Rico slowly closed the gap on the fresh rubber, entually another mistake by me when Rico was 6 secs behind allowed him to take a 3 second lead.

Of what I could see the field was started to really spread after lap 3. Ricos gap grew and grew, he may of driven a near perfect race. I ended up pitting end of lap 4 and settled for a distant second, Light rain started to fall sfter dawn, so at least we had good weather.

( a big off last lap cost me about 20 secs, couldnt get going again and allowed doug to close to about 10 secs by race end.)

Dori was only one to not pit. Not sure what happened with stu's race, bad day at the office I think.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great result Rico, props to you running that track with no mistakes, great effort.

Well done tek on the champ, just too good....

My race????? Well put very simply i had a shocker. Got a good start, led till we hit the "old track" then it all went pair shaped........or i ran out of talent........consistently!!

Went from 1st to 5th with my first spin, back to 4th after someone fell off the road in front of me, held it till about half way through the second lap, then lost it about 4 times on lap 3, was 6th, few more mistakes in the dark, was last.........and no real hope of chasing anyone down......pitted lap 5 (i think) then just cruised for the last 2 laps, was tempted to park it by that stage as i was so frustrated, (thought it probably wasn't "in the spirit of the game!!") and was about 4 mins behind the leader, and couldnt see 6th place in front of me......i even did some donuts for something to do after my 15th spin i was soooooooo pissed off.

Very ordinary way for me to finish the season, hope i didn't ruin anyone else's race with my circle work.......if i did i apologize.

EDIT. Just did a quick calc on the championship and i think Rico and I both finish on 82 points!! I give you second based on my lame performance tonight and your great drive!!
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

It goes to a count back I think, most highest results so might be tight. I think we all had a shocker on lap 3 I went off heaps but no one was catching me so I asumed they were too.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I can honestly say that tonight was the most frustrated i have ever been racing online, in our league or any lobby. the swear jar is full, the cat has been kicked, and my temora has been sent to the wreckers!! :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.