ACC Wednesdays season 4 911 gt3 cup sprints season

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jul 5, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesdays seasons will start up again on the 8th of July.

These will be run in 5 round blocks using the same track as the next Monday round.

Season 4 Porsche 911 gt3 cup

1. July 8 Zolder
    2. July 15 Monza
    3. July 22 Brands Hatch
    4. July 29 Bathurst
    5. August 5 Misano

Race format will be 2x 20 minute races with 2x 8 minute qualifying sessions prior to each race.
    Server password will be "season3" Official practice will be up at 8PM AEST with a 45 minute session prior to Q1 R1 Q2 R2

No official signup is needed for this season.

Success ballast testing has been postponed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2020
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Just wondering... is this on tonight? It says starting up 8th July but Rnd 1 is July 15 at Zolder.

Me confused :confused:
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Oops its meant to be tonight, will change the date in 1st post but if not enough turn up we may make rnd 1 next week at another track.
    krunch likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server came back at 8:30 so we ended up running round 1 here are the race results.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put up a practice server for r2 at Monza this is server 2, password is "season3" ballast is added according to current season standings and entry is limited to people in the rooz entry list with all locked to the 911 cup car.
    Cooper and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. krunch

Hey guys. Not able to make it tonight. Have a good race all.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Porsche Cup @ Brands Hatch RESULTS
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

CUP.... crashing understeering pooft.... Porsche
    tezpez85, krunch, marty and 3 others like this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I love this car, and I love these single car series! Great racing :)
    tezpez85, krunch and nanlatt like this.
  12. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

It's nice when you can get it working. I was catching you guys fighting hard in the second race until the incident. Watching the replay it was clear that my cars radar was locked and loaded on you Steve. Absolutely nailed you, sorry about that...I swear it had a mind of it's own at that point.;). Single make series is a lot of fun.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Honestly I don’t think anyone was at fault, I lost it before Tez and just recovered my slide in time to hit him in the middle of a spin - and there was no way you could have avoided it I think mate. That’s what happens when you have 5 cars in a close train all on the edge! It was great, loved it...well except the last bit!
    tezpez85, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, sorry lads, it was my spin that wrecked us all. Very easy to light up those rears on that fast right hander and I wouldn't have been out there if I didn't try to awkwardly make my way past Frosty.
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

No apology needed mate, normally I could have avoided you but I screwed up the previous corner so no blame!
    tezpez85 likes this.
  16. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

fRZn, krunch and nanlatt like this.
  17. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

18. SteveDrivingSlowly

19. krunch

20. SteveDrivingSlowly

That was challenging and fun racing last night, I really enjoyed it. I think a few said it in discord, but nice combo of car and track.

I decided to go my own way with the set-up as I am really trying to get my head around all that now, and for once this kind of worked out well. There was probably at least another 0.5 available to me with that set-up in improving my driving in the downhill section and in the final turn and the first turn, which I don't think I really nailed all together in one lap for the whole night, but overall quite happy with how the car was working.

I had good qualy sessions for once which put me 4th at the start of each race. R1 I got a good start and up into 3rd but proceeded to give it away with mistakes throughout the first lap allowing krunch past. I then had a bad exit from T1 on lap 2 allowing frosty past me from then on I was just chasing down @krunch waiting for an chance. Every time I got close enough to try and set up a move, krunch was ready and well positioned to prevent it, or I would make a mistake and drop back, then catch again and do it again. Also, apologies to krunch again for the dented rear end - thankfully no spin!

R2 was pure luck, I had taken a tweaked dry set-up with wet tyres and whilst this was great for the first few minutes, I soon realised I had the pressures way out at the rear and the tyres were getting very hot. I lost a spot and fell down to 5th and then just as I felt I was beginning to close the gap a little, going over the top I lost it and spun. Amazingly I didn't hit anyone or anything, but did lose another place. The luck kicked in on the following lap when there were numerous incidents with the cars ahead of me in spinning in similar fashion, or finding their own unique disasters, and somehow I came out in second place. By this stage the tyres were really metled and I had no rear grip, so I just babied the car home and luckily there was enough of a gap behind me to make it in 2nd.

I love these cars, they are great fun.
    krunch, Cooper and nanlatt like this.