Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 5: Groundhog day

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Jun 15, 2020.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Just the same @Hatfield, was just 12 seconds down at stage 3 despite a few spins, but stage 4 came really unstuck and had spins in stages 5 and 6. Well done @UrsineSaturn9, consistent all the way.
    UrsineSaturn9 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Well, about half way through stage 6 I was ready to come in here & tell everyone how I had just nudged out @UrsineSaturn9 after a close battle for the current lead, was looking good going into stage 6 I was approx 3 seconds up overall and by the 2nd split time I had built a 2 odd second gap over Ursine. however at about 3 minutes into the stage I ran a little wide at high speed and clipped the embankment to my left. This launched me 15ft in the air (i guess), over the fence and I landed about a half dozen car lengths away from the track. I decided to recover vehicle but the game decided to smack me with a 34 second penalty :( (I guess doing a u turn and smashing through the fence to get back on track would of been quicker??). At 3rd split I was 40 seconds down on Ursine & despite clawing back 4 seconds in the final split I was still 36 seconds down on the stage and behind by 33 seconds overall. Oh well onto Group B next week:inlove:
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thanks @Hatfield @tezpez85 and @Kieran_B33 for the close racing so far. Didn't think I had blistering pace but was focusing more on trying not to bin it, which seems to be working out well so far. Funnily, @Slambobagan was 12 seconds up at stage 5, but doesn't seem to have registered a stage 6 time again? So, technically I'm still in front on the leaderboard, I'm sure @KoAStR has no chance of catching me! :whistling:
    tezpez85 and Anthonyb like this.
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

@UrsineSaturn9 Should be there now. 18sec gap, was Very lucky thou, here’s a clip from the last stage, mid corner understeer put me off line,
    George, tezpez85, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yes, I see it now, nicely played and nice barrel roll!
  6. Slambobagan

Could of been much worse haha
  7. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I wasn't hoping for that at all! :whistling:
    tezpez85, Slambobagan and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Was right in there with a chance of a good result after 4 stages then stage five lapse of concentration thanks to the dog wanting to go out and down a bank through a fence and into a strainer post. Those suckers don't move. Then 2 corners later cut too much airborne on to the top of the bank on the other side of the road:eek:.
    So their goes My chance of a good time other than that happy with stage times with some green sectors in there.
    On to the "B's" :barefoot:
    UrsineSaturn9, tezpez85 and stucar17 like this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Few hiccups this week, including a quick wee 360° :roflmao: and getting stuck in the wrong camera for a while...
    feeling the pressure! Perhaps should a done a few more shakedowns :rolleyes: But held it together in the end.... :)
    UrsineSaturn9 and Anthonyb like this.
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Coming back to this, I am surprised so many people picked the WRX considering the Evo is both more powerful and lighter (I guess @KoAStR was challenging himself? ;))
    What's not surprising is seeing that 5 of the 6 WRXs occupy the bottom 5 places.
    KoAStR likes this.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Matthyus and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Dammit I forgot all about it I'll see if I can get on before the time runs out
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Group B! OMG! Car selection? Had no idea, so chose the Lancia. Made it through the first two stages unscathed, an achievement in itself. Stage 3, a bit wet and slippery, the small mistakes started to creep in with one incident that ended in me pointing the wrong way, but thankfully not too much time lost getting it pointing the right way again. Stage 4, another little spin. Stage 5, started to get my groove back and stage 6 also got through relatively cleanly, but no idea of overall pace. Guess I'll find out soon enough though. Good luck all trying to survive the Group B this week!
    tezpez85 and Anthonyb like this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Absolute beast's hey. Apparently Michèle Mouton use to get sick of fighting the Audi and just crash it because it was such a handful:eek:
    George and KoAStR like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Decided to mirror your car choice since we seem to be pretty close most weeks

Instantly found I love Group B! Those RWD GT cars were absolutely crap and I felt fear the entire time driving the older RWD rally cars, but group B... just because it is 4WD and when you point and shoot and just goes. As long as I kept myself slow for the corners, and out of trouble, it feels great

So stage 1 was nice and clean and only a few seconds behind @UrsineSaturn9 (the only time to chase at that moment) but I hit the finishing box to get front end cosmetic damage
    Stage 2 was good again and lost less than S1
    S3 I was about even within a second until the final sector ursine must've had an off as I gained 10s and ended up 5s ahead
    S4 I gained another 10 but had a scary moment at a 3 right, 1 left where I ran wide at the 3 right cutting the 1 left and almost rolling the car, then just pulling up to a stop before smashing into a rock face!
    S5 the car lifted up onto 2 wheels when I tried a sideways entry into a hairpin but nothing major and gained another 7s
    so I had a 22s lead into the final stage
    I lost the rear early and had to reverse from a crest to get going again, and later off a jump I lost control and hit the only tree inside the fence with the front right of the car side on lol Very lucky with no major damage and facing the right way.
    The rest of the stage was green and finished 22.799 ahead of ursine

You had me last week, now it is my turn!
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Going into the final round the last step on the podium is very much up for grabs. :geek:
    @Massa putting in a great performance this round. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Nicely played
  19. Slambobagan

Damn got a puncture last stage. Otherwise pretty good run in the peogeot.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol even with puncture you beat me by 20s!