PCARS-2 2020 RACEONOZ TEAMS GTE WORLD SERIES {COMPLETED}

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by nigegunz, Jan 1, 2020.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

a week for track mastery sounds about right
    Luk3yd06 likes this.
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hey boys, here's the brief for this Saturday's Nurburgring extravaganza

2020 RACEONOZ TEAMS GTE WORLD SERIES : DRIVERS BRIEFING
    Race 10 : NURBURGRING COMBINED
    1ST August, 2020, kick off time 7.30pm
    - Default in game date: 4/9
    - Shootout Quali @ 4pm ā€“ CLEAR ā€“ Real Time
    - Race @ 9am ā€“ 10x Time Progression
    - 1 weather slot: CLEAR
    - FUEL : REAL
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    [​IMG]
    Qualifying this Saturday will be a one lap shootout qualifying, the session will be 15 minutes but everyone will get an out lap & a single hot lap flyer, run in no particular order so everyone can take to the track when they want. There should be plenty of room for everyone to get an uninterrupted lap in. If you bin it on your flyer, please be mindful of others.

Everyone will be need to be very careful off the line as the grid slots are extremely close together & no one wants damage in the first few seconds of a 3 hour race on the most difficult track in the world.

Enjoy fellas!
  3. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    sounds great Ive still done no praccy so a solid 7pm till midnight session sounds great for me
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I'll be on tonight done some laps all are welcome to join
    Luk3yd06 likes this.
  5. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz
    Oh no! I've forgotten that I was even part of this league. Sorry boys for not getting down to the BH race. I should be racing this weekend even tho i've had no track time around here in this car. But as the World Record holder for the LMP1 car around the nordschleife hopefully I will be a little competitive with my corvette. Could anyone possibly give me some suggestions on typres, downforce and major changes I need to do to the car as I'm currently going to be coming into this race blind and I've forgoten how to tune the car. Thanks and lets have a great race at this great track.
    nigegunz and Luk3yd06 like this.
  6. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Ill be on too
  7. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

what's your lap time for that LMP1 record Max???
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

I would suggest hard tyres for the race (softs wear too fast) with a medium to high downforce level. softs possible for one lap qually

there are several parts of the track that are serious setup considerations:
    - the carroussel: if you have a low ride height & you take a tight line in you are almost certainly going to loop it if you carry too much speed in or apply too much throttle mid corner (it's a long corner with a tricky exit)
    - the 3 jumps: low ride height/stiff springs make a big difference to how the car launches & touches back down...... CAUTION!!!
    - the GP track: super smooth track rewards a low ride height/stiff spring setup but it's less than 2 mins of an 8 minute laptime
    - the Nordschliefe track: super bumpy with loads of positive & negative camber corners - seriously consider ride heights, springs & roll bars. lifting & softening the car will definitely increase your chances of surviving at this track for 3 hours but it will also slow your laptimes down a little eg are you aiming for 8:05, 8:10 or 8:15 laptimes

lookn fwd to it boys, I'm hoping we get decent numbers for us & for Medo
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  9. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz

Wow! Thanks a lot nige for the set up tips, was more than I expected. Now that we are one night before the race I feel like it was a mistake to vote for the full track when we were have the discussion on weather to do the GP or combined. But for that record lap i'm not sure on the exact time but if you go to Nurburgring Nordschleife in an LMP1 car on time trial it should come up with my Gamertag JakeMcSkillz at the top spot, well hopefully it's still stands no.1.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  10. Max

Max Rookie

PSN ID
    JakeMcSkillz
    I just checked and it's a 5:22.601 there's defiantly time to make up but that's the best I could manage.
    nigegunz likes this.
  11. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Well nothing is going to change for me in about 20 laps of practice I managed a 8:31.024 Is that any good?
  12. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Ik v8 did a 8:06.Something which is insane
    PaulCox likes this.
  13. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

forget lap times Luke & think survival...
    to finish first, first you have to finish
  14. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    100% what nige said I can do a 8:02 in qualifying but would I push that hard in the race absolutely not it's a very long circuit to get damage would definitely result in a last place finish, this race will be a race of survival that will reward those who keep it on the black stuff
    Jim_aka_The_Man and PaulCox like this.
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    I would also like to add please please be smart with any passing moves as it's a long race on a long circuit that for the most part apart from the GP circuit has little to no run off areas and a very narrow circuit in some parts with pretty much one line though multiple sections of the nordscheife so please be smart in attack and defence as it wont end well for all involved same goes for rejoining the track please be careful guys but apart from all that it should be and good race with multiple strategies at play I can't wait see you all track side
    Jim_aka_The_Man, Luk3yd06 and PaulCox like this.
  16. Luk3yd06

Luk3yd06 Rookie

PSN ID
    suhdudes456
    Smart thinking
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

there'll be plenty of room on the grid tonight for anyone that's raced with us at any point over the last couple of seasons
    unfortunately we've lost Medo, he's going thru an application process to join the defence force
    i'll be on from 7. we'll kick off at 7.30pm as usual
    lookn fwd to it boys! be there!!
    Dazza, Luk3yd06 and PaulCox like this.
  18. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Iā€™m in...must be driving to slow tho my fronts keep getting cold lol
    nigegunz likes this.
  19. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Sorry for let notice, out at the drag strip for business and pleasure. My favourite track im disappointed I'm not there, good luck all.
    Luk3yd06 and nigegunz like this.
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    What a race, well done nige I couldn't hold you off in the end but it was great fun trying to.