GT Sport Season 12 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    He didn't set a qualifying lap and therefore didn't qualify on either tyre.
    razor4797 and gtkingx like this.
  2. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Closed pits is closed pits. There's no interpretation of those words that suggest you can enter the pits and leave again under any circumstance.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Pitting while pits are closed in qualifying on the penalty table shows the penalty to be, start from rear of grid.
    Razor started at the rear.
    Viperzed, Mezign and razor4797 like this.
  4. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    OP says start on qualifying tyre. I didn’t qualify?
    Like I literally did not qualify.
    Don’t mean to bring you into this @Hatfield but I was in a party with him and when I made it clear what I was doing, he did not say that it was illegal
    Mezign likes this.
  5. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Justice by default :laugh:
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Can confirm Razor was handed a R.O.G penslty for Nord
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't mind. I would've continued on but in starting rear of grid you didn't gain any advantage. Had you changed tyre and then wanted to qualify I would've said no
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Yeah that was my understanding also
  9. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Due to me not wanting to bring my current baggage to div2 and the toxic nature of div1 I am finding it more of a chore then I am enjoying my current time with rooz. Retirement time for me. To everyone who I have ever had fun races with thanks it was a pleasure. I really did have some fun times. I remember the first night I randomly jumped into Stus room on GT6 and he encouraged me to sign up. The first few years were really awesome. I have still had plenty of good times on gtsport with a lot of you. Good luck and happy racing.... I'm out
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Okay, just would like to clarify this one, as don't want to set a precedent for any other div's reading this that pitting during or after qualifying and changing tyres is okay. The OP states:
    So, in this case, this rule was broken and a start at back of grid penalty was applied. So, what is to stop me, or any other driver, qualifying on softs every time, and if not satisfied with my qually lap, go into the pits, slap on the mediums and start from the back? I don't think this scenario is within the spirit of the rules and don't want to encourage it, so I'd suggest the punishment for this type of infringement may need some review by the stewards group. Just my 2 cents
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would agree with you in your scenario. In razor's scenario, he didn't set a lap on softs. He was stuck behind a driver on a slower compound and decided to abandon qualifying and start at the rear.
    In another round where the laps are shorter, if I see someone jump to the pits, and they have already set a lap time, I would make note of it in case something needed to be brought up. Just the same I would then take note if they left the pits again
    Xtr3meNZer and razor4797 like this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Don't want to focus on a particular case, especially if any protests still pending, looking forwards, not backwards. Still not clear to me what penalty would be if setting qually times on softs, but then changing to mediums for the race start. Rear of grid penalty doesn't sound like much of a deterrent to me
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    your example given here is different. that to me is breaking regulations regarding tyre compound usage against what the rules specify. Penalty table shows incorrect tyre usage as DSQ. I'm no longer a steward though, so not sure whether it would be DSQ or a time penalty or what
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Please don't make it retirement Russ. :(
    I have had nothing but awesome times racing with/against you. Your generally faster, but your strategy and pit dramas are just crap like mine mostly. This along with your brash wild style always gives me a chance. :)
    Keep an eye on the forum as I am sure it is shedding its "toxicity".
    Love ya Russ, don't retire mate, take a week, a fortnight, a season, but come back mate, otherwise I can't pump myself up on the times it happens, and think, I beat Russ tonight, or another great battle with Russ.
    KoAStR likes this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Rightio, I don't see the difference, but then again perhaps it is just a matter of opinion. In any case, can the stewards please spell it out for us in black and white as it's all a bit confusing (to me) at the moment.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Your always welcome down in Div 4 (with an appropriate weight or power penalty). ;):p
  17. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I think the difference is in setting a qualification time and not setting a qualification time. In the actual case under discussion, the drive in question did not set a qualification time i.e. the attempt was abandoned, driver accepted the rear-of-grid penalty for the compound change.
    In your scenario, a driver completes qualification on the softer compound, is unsatisfied with the result, chooses to change compound for a shift to rear-of-grid as a tactical decision (i.e. out of traffic on an alternate strategy).
    To me that is unfair to those that set out to qualify on the medium compound, knowing and accepting that they'll end up towards the rear (but might just get lucky and be further up the grid).
    razor4797 likes this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Different scenarios, but same regulation broken, so same penalty, or different? Ideally, need to take intent out of the equation
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    FULL DISCLAIMER: This is not aimed at anyone, it's just a sequel to a nurburgring crash highlight video i made last year.
  20. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I reckon I went off in every one of those spots during my race!:D
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.