DIVISION 1 - SEASON 12

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 10, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, what a great way to start the season guys.... If this is the way the races will be then we are in for some great action.
    The result is still provisional, nothing so far in way of protests at the moment.

For those of you looking for the stream, poor old @(Medomonen) Blake T was nearly out of breath by the end !

So many things to say, first off have to congratulate @Themissile43 for his first win up in Div 1.... Great effort to come out side by side with Slambo at the stop and fight him for the win. To @Kart-No-1 (put me back to div 2!) well done on 3rd....

For everyone else, i think its a case of what could have been, as i reckon all of us threw away a top 5 through incidents !

My night, i qualied 10th, .8 from pole... My PB would have had me 4th so was hoping race pace would see me jump up a few spots.I jumped in to the pits end of lap 1 with Stimson for some clear air, and it largely worked...by half way, after a phantom button press, i was about 6 seconds off the large pack of about 6 cars from 4th to 10th.... With about 10 to go a few battles saw me pass guys as they came together, so was up to 4th with 2 laps to go.... Then nightmare.... had a spin coming onto the back straight, and took out my Team mate @brettwant7 as i went across the track. So sorry mate.....Watch a big pack of cars go past so was back to 11th and like so many of us wondering what could have been....

Have to say thanks to everyone who redressed any issues.... The driving standards have been fantastic for the last few seasons, and the respect everyone is showing is going to be really important if last night is anything to go by. The pack racing was fantastic, but will only work if we continue to race giving each other room.

On to Snetterton which should give some great racing again !
    Stu
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

v8power383 and Themissile43 like this.
  3. Themissile43

Themissile43 New Recruit

PSN ID
    TheMissle43
    Thanks mate
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  5. Anthonyb

6. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some great racing again last night guys....
    Well done to @Slambobagan @aryin2000 and TT fo rthe podium....thanks to @(Medomonen) Blake T for the live stream as well

Qual i had done a 2:02:385 and on my 3rd flyer was .7 up with the help of bennys draft... problem was i caught him under the bridge, as well as Missile recovering from a spin, so lost all that time in 1 corner... Shame, even 3 tenths would have bumped me up to 4th..... Race start was good, until turn 2 where i slowed to miss @brettwant7 in front, and Stozz beside me, only to get tagged by @AOCleaner74 which caused a spin, back to last !

Lost about 6 seconds, but after 2 laps of people battling, and a few spins was back on the tail of the train, and kept going when i had space in front.... Pitted with Glen on about lap 5 i think...and then just pushed to see where i ended up.... With about 12 to go i was in 7th i think and had caught up to AO and Stimson who were in a battle, and when they came together under the bridge, i was through to 5th, with Brett and Missile just behind... A couple of pucker moments, but managed to keep it together, and hapily saw @Kart-No-1 pit with 1 lap to go so was up to 4th ..... Saw TT have a big lose on the exit of turn 1, and was hoping he would bin it for a podium, but he kept going and finished just 3 seconds up the road.

Shame about the T1 spin, but lap 1 is generally chaos...
    Onto a wet Hockenheim..... a heads up...Aryin did a 2:01 in the wet with slambo only .3 behind!
    Themissile43 and Anthonyb like this.
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So we changed the wet race cause of 1 corner to a race that is worse everywhere....
  9. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Get rid of bugatti and so another race at hockenheim in the dry..
  10. Anthonyb

Bugatti is a great track
  11. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Ok I've done a few laps without having a few wine's, and I will take back my first comments...sorry
    Anthonyb and JJ_Penguin like this.
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  13. Anthonyb

14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Haven't posted up a race recap for some time but had such a great result i thought why not.
    So, qualified 6th, was really happy with that as my time was 1.5 seconds faster than I had managed in practice previously.
    Got a reasonable start and past my old mate AO down the main atraight for 5th only to then give it up to team mate glen, back to 6th. Then the missile got me, in to 7th then stozza spun back to 6th. We had only completed half a lap or so, by then but could tell already that with the spray and traffic, lap times were going to be ordinary. I was in 2 minds about tyres right up to the start. Do i change to slicks or stick with wets. I was faster on slicks but 10 seconds was a fair chuck of time to change and track position was king so loaded my no tyre option. Lucky cause I decided to pit after lap 1.
    I kept an eye on the lap times of the field in front and was matching or bettering these times untill the track started to dry out. By the time I got back on track I was down 15 seconds to second last Benny, so i set about the chase. I caught jj on lap 4, being a team mate he did not argue about the position and left the door wide open into the hairpin, the missile did the same next lap and got benny on the exit of the hairpin on lap 6.
    I then set my sights on AO, TB and V8 who were in a bit of a battle with each other. V8 was the first to fall into the hairpin on lap 8 and stu pitted. I was up to 9th by this time. Crap, this is going all right. Caught AO and TB on 10 who were dicing very hard into the hairpin, using a narrow line into the corner. They tangled as i stayed wide and got them both. Starting to think I can only pass at the hairpin. 7th then Aryin pitted 6th.
    This is about where the track was drying out and my pace begane to fade. Right, now all i can do is the best lap times i can knowing i with not be fast, just hope the gap i have is good enough. As the laps rolled down and the guys in front of me pitted I found myself in 3rd then 2nd. Keeping an eye on the gaps as to who was setting the best times, i knew stu and tt were a threat and then slambo who pitted on lap 15. Crap, thats a lot of laps to hold slambo off who will be fast. 8 laps with a 15 second gap over slambo, 2 seconds a lap, he's going to get me. Back to plan a, do the best laps i can. Managed to increase my pace a little.
    Glen was the only car in front now and i knew he had not pitted and had the same no tyre change strategy as me but he was 25 seconds up the road, no chance i could catch him unless he crashed. Unlikely. Push hard and beat slambo who was closing fast, that was the goal. Job done second, what a relief.
    Sorry for the long post, had a lot to get through.
    Cheers guys and thanks for for what was possibly the best race i have had on rooz. Congrats Glen on the win and slambo in third. No practice, sure.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah great race guys... Well done to @Glenn Stimson on the win, Kart on 2nd and Slambo for 3rd.....

My night was interesting to say the least. Qual 10th just .3 i think off my PB but even then would have only put me 7th from memory.... Was hoping for some luck in the race, which kind of happened.

The wet start was fairly sedate for me, nice to get through lap one without facing the wrong way.... was up to 7th i think, pitted lap 8, and was setting some fastest laps so making ground on the guys in front who hadnt pitted....

Was up to 4th with a few laps to go, got in a battle with @aryin2000 Tt which was pretty intense..... Unfortunately made contact with Stozz with about 6 to go which the stewards are looking at..... Last lap went from 4th to 6th, back to 4th, back to 6th and then back up to 5th !

Some great racing again guys......
    On to Zolder where hopefully Slambo goes fishing all day Sunday and gets no prac through the week !
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

We’ll done Glenn and kart. Good strategy. To be honest I thought you hadn’t pitted at the end kart I was shocked when you carried on for your final lap. Was wondering where the heck you came from.. good stuff. Good battle aryin I’m pretty sure you had the pace to win had you got in front of me. Wasn’t trying to defend, my goal was to just stay on track was struggling in the wet. Pitted a few laps to late for slicks too. My pace Came good in the dry but kart and Glenn to far up the road. Better practice this week.
  17. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  19. Anthonyb

20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Another great race last night guys, So good watching the stream and seeing lots of good battles up and down the grid.

Slambo, too good (again) at least @Glenn Stimson kept you honest for the race.....And TT, what can i say ?! Well done.

My night, TBH, didnt start as i would have hoped, with a 45:9 which had me back in 9th.... Just .3 had me in the mix for 5th or 6th..... Got a good start, and with the pretty clean get away, and a large pack i decided to pit lap 1 with 5 other guys.....From there had pretty good track position to punch out laps with no traffic.... Had @brettwant7 just ahead... He had a half spin at 3, and i managed to clear him.... @JJ_Penguin was next and he had a half spin at the exit of 2.... Couple more pit stops and i was going ok in 3rd, with a bit of a train about 1.5 - 3 seconds behind..... With 2 to go disaster...... I was a bit too cautious coming into the chicane, turned in a bit early and clipped the ripple on teh left, which sent me onto the right, and had to pump back into 1st to get going again.... The 1.5 sec it cost me saw ljsmotorsport get a pass into the second chicane, but he compression locked on entry and i thought he was going off to the fence on the right....He half saved it, but came across my nose and we touched putting us both into the sand on the left, and we watched TT and Kart drive past. :cry::cry::cry:

Back to 6th, only for ijs to have an off on the last lap on the exit of 3, gifting me back 1 spot back up to 5th.
    Great race guys, lots going on, and thanks again to @(Medomonen) Blake T for the stream.

On to the sprint round at Bugatti, where once again @Kart-No-1 will tell us he hates the car !
    Stu