DIVISION 2 - SEASON 12

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

3. SOMEONE1_AWESOME

SOMEONE1_AWESOME New Recruit Gold Member

Hey guys unfortunately i wont be able to join the rest of this series hopefully see you in the next one
    dj2ca, garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  4. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  6. Anthonyb

7. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Good night of racing last night, it was nice to start from pole position and my take off wasn't too bad, i normally stuff the starts up and lose about 2 or 3 positions so i was happy to get away with a good one.
    Nearly binned it on the first chicane, i had a cord coming from the steering box that was laying across my right ankle which was very distracting, in my efforts to try and clear the cord i came in hot and had to launch across the chicane and half expected to land sideways, so that was my cue to pit at the end of the first lap, phew, cord re-positioned and i was off knowing that i was probably going to be swamped by others running on the loose setting, my aim was to keep it clean, slow down a bit for the first ugly chicane and stay out of harms way.
    Well done dj2ca (team mate) good result getting 2nd and some much needed points for ICR and disturboed for a 3rd place, cant tell you how happy i was to see dj come out of the pits along side you mate, i definitely prefer to see the places behind me battling and letting me go on with getting the job done. ;)
    well done to the rest of the div racers, looking forward to Le Mans Bugatti.
    Stay Safe
    ckj33, Anthonyb, dj2ca and 2 others like this.
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I had a pretty good race last night. Got P4 (a freak PB at 1:46.083) in quali and had a great start off the line, into P2 after the first turn. A few of the lead guys pitted at the end of the first or second lap so I decided to stay out and try to get into a rhythm without anyone to battle. Bounty stayed on my tail though and was constantly somewhere between 2 and 3 seconds behind for what felt like an eternity, so I just tried not to over-drive it.

Fast forward to about lap 10 or so and Bounty had pitted but my wireless headset started beeping at me. I charged it overnight the previous night but must have knocked the cable out or something. My original strategy was to stay out until the last couple of laps before pitting but the damn headset wasn't going to let me do that. I spent a couple of laps driving with one hand while fishing around in the couch pocket (where I have a power board) for a USB cable and finally found one. Not quite long enough though. I pulled the headset off and drove with no sound for half a lap while I tried to get that and the cable ready to connect after pulling into the pits. Pitted, frantically connected the cable and put the headset on in the 5.6 seconds I had and pulled off again. Tilting my head to one side because the cable was too short, this was just how I would have to drive the second half of the race :laugh:

I kept my eye on the track map and knew Aadman would be in front of me and he was as I pulled out of the pit lane, but I was just in front of Turbo and Bounty. We spent a lap or two pretty close until Turbo gave me a little tap coming into turn 8, he came off a little bit worse and dropped back a tad to battle with Bounty for P3. We spent the rest of the race in this order with those two only a couple of seconds behind me at first but I guess the battling they were doing cost some time because I slowly pulled away and just tried to keep it clean to maintain P2. I kept an eye on the timing though and you guys must have been having a very close battle, must have been a blast. I was never gonna catch Aadman who was having an awesome drive and got a well deserved win. I'm ecstatic with P2, I love the Zolder circuit so was stoked to get a podium there. Well done Aadman and Turbo on the win and podium, and thanks to everyone for racing.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  10. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  11. Anthonyb

12. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Can’t tell you how happy I am that I survived this round, more so for my health then anything else, thought I was going to have to be resuscitated at one point.
    Was able to pinch a pole position and get a relatively good start from the start line, spent the next 5 laps with Aykay glued to my rear bumper bar which was putting me under a lot pressure, felt like it was 50 degrees in the room when it was probably only 12.
    Made the decision to let Aykay go by and figured I would follow him around for a bit and compose myself, find my brake markers again and see what the rest of the race brings, didn’t want to bin it through unnecessary fighting and lose a heap of championship points, we swapped positions a few times but no paint was swapped, some of the closest racing I have ever had, thanks mate.
    Felt like I was strong enough to take the win until the last few corners and bang there was Aykay on the outside passing me, and I was like wtf, how that happen, it was so close all night and it was either going to be one of us. Well done Aykay.
    2nd race, felt like I was never going to get pass anyone it was so close, 3 cars wide at times and very difficult get a good run, unfortunate for others but good for me I was able to push through unscathed and ended up popping into position 1 where I stayed but at the same time keeping a very close watch on where Aykay was cycling through and making up positions.
    Good race from all and well done.
    Note to one self: Remove the Assigned look back function from your steering wheel, it will give you nightmares.
    stucar17, dj2ca, JJ_Penguin and 3 others like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, we have the protests on now and will start working through the process of letting people know and asking for replays / evidence. We have 4 protests, 2x div 1, 1x Div2 and 1x Div 3....Im just getting smashed at work at the moment, so the stewards group will try to sort asap.
    Stu
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey all,
    Apologies things been very quiet here after last round.... life getting in the way !
    Round 6 this weekend from Donnington....
    Hope to have all protests sorted from last round today.....so then bounty can get the tables sorted.

Also hope to get to driver briefing on friday.... hope to get some laps in from Thursday !
    Cheers Stu
  15. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  16. Anthonyb

17. Anthonyb

Haven't had much time lately to do a race report but I did today so I thought I would bore you all.

Qualified 8th which I was a little disappointed with. My time was about 1sec off my pb.
    Got a good start and was 6th after turn 1 settled into the line a started to think when should I pit. Some how decided lap 3 thinking there will probably be a busy pit lane lap 1. Aadman and Ayka pit Infront of me at the end of lap 1 putting me into 4th. Made a couple of small mistakes on lap 3 and dropped a spot pulled into the pits end of 3 and noticed I was already sweating like I was in the shower. Only to come out second last just Infront of Ayka. Time to make a fat BMW man was I messy trying to hold him off. Doing this for a few laps and coming past the pits Winchester come out just behind me and beside Ayka and their battle gave me some breathing room.
    I think I had Gary Infront of me and I was slowly catching him and picking up spots with people in the pits.
    About lap 12 I was close enough at the hair pin after the chicane and I stuck it up the inside and made it stick somehow. We went into the final turn side by side and I got a slightly better run onto the straight and moved up to Third.
    With more than half the race to go I knew I had to keep it clean. Then chubbe spun gifting me second and Aadam 1st. I could close the gap to about 2.5 second but never any closer and managed to keep it clean and cross the line in second behind Aadam and about 10sec in front of Bounty.
    Congrats on the win Aadam and third to you Bounty. Well done to everyone for overall a clean hard race.
    Catch you on track
    Ant
    dj2ca, AOCleaner74, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  18. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Donnington, a good result for ICR.
    Well done Anth, some really solid points gained for team Ignition Controls Racing and for you personally you have bagged some really good points to position yourself up the ladder.
    Good work Bounty on a third and even Freddy cementing 4th, good work mate.
    This was a tough race for me, lots on the line with the championship being so close and with any small mistake and or poor result would certainly bring the championship decider to the last round, I sincerely feel for Aykay after having controller issues on the night, not the way I wanted to see it go as we have pretty much been stuck to each other all season and the pressure I have experienced through the race rounds has certainly been extreme, boarding on near medical assistance required at times (hopefully my new Fanatec will assist with alleviating this - once it comes)
    Well done to the rest of the Div 2 guys, it has been so close across all qualifying & racers that any outcome could of been possible, consistency is the key to success.
    Looking forward to Nurburgring, not my favorite track but will be looking for a good result.
    cheers guys and good luck
    Stay Safe
    anne, dj2ca, garyw61 and 1 other person like this.
  19. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Have a great race Sunday night guys. Thanks for the season. Has been great racing! Will jump on if I get back from the Bend early enough Sunday night, but I doubt it.
    dj2ca, Adam Parsons and Anthonyb like this.
  20. Anthonyb

Thanks for hosting this season mate. Been a blast. Hope you can make it back in time
    Adam Parsons likes this.