OFFICIAL PS4 ACC LEAGUE - Season 1

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Aug 18, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Cheers @JJ_Penguin for pulling this together. I didn't take anyone out so can say I achieved my goal for the first round. Couldn't make race 1 because of other commitments, but enjoyed race 2. Had a little grief early in the race when someone in front of me spun out on the final corner leaving me nowhere to go, but didn't seem to lose too much time or pace from that contact. Had a good pit stop and jumped @pat65 and was holding the position until I put a wheel in the gravel on the fast esses and lost control. Hobbled home in 10th, but happy enough with that
    Chubbe08, pat65, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  2. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Up and running (slowly) good to meet some 'new' drivers... I better get some practice in....!
    Traktor_grease and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, a huge thank you to @JJ_Penguin for getting this up and running. Had awesome fun last night. Good bunch of blokes in there too.

I am happy to leave mike's on in sever 2 for this preliminary season if it keeps to what we had last night. If anyone would prefer to have them off, just shout out.
    Max Gassit likes this.
  4. FoulMinion

FoulMinion Rookie

PSN ID
    FoulMinion
    No dramas. The rejoin was a bit clumsy, but I wanted to pit the next lap anyway. :)
    Added a few seconds of damage and a few more for the detour to my pit stop. But again, these things happen until we get in the groove with these series.

Edit: Also, I think cheesenoodless made it through unscathed.
    nigegunz likes this.
  5. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    My replays from Friday night:

6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

is there anything your doing in particular that might cause that wheel issue? I'm on a G29 and if i hit the PS button, it causes the wheel to turn hard left and i have to pull the plug out & reset the wheel.
    I'm glad you had a good night and congrats on the race 2 result!
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Hey all. Just got the game up and running now. I already have a existing PS account GT_wizard07
    I have only done a few laps at spa and the game does feel really fun. I have just read through the briefings guides and tips. I am about to have a crack with some of the recommended settings now. Looking forward to some fun racing
    Xtr3meNZer, incey, Aza2672 and 2 others like this.
  8. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well, time to jump over to the other side of sim racing tonight, and give this a go!

Hopefully catch some of you on tonight so I can try to get to grips with a very different game to GT Sport :)
    Max Gassit, Aza2672, DeanK and 2 others like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    ahhh, that was you this arvo russ, didn't realise. nice times from what i saw
    Russell, seowster and JJ_Penguin like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Looking forward to giving this a blast tonight. I will warn you all, coming over from GT Sport, when close racing is happening, I'm not quite up to speed with where everything is on my screen like the radar and such. Just playing GT Sport for so long, my peripherals are on the bottom of the screen for the radar, and not the top. It's something I will get used to, but just something to be wary of when you come up to a Lexus #23. I will let anyone past pretty quickly if the pressure is on, as I don't want to hold anyone up.

I know someone last night in practice came up pretty quickly behind me, and I literally didn't see them until too late - due to the map being in a different place to GT Sport, and I wasn't looking into the rear view mirror as I wasn't aware anyone was close.

I'm generally one of the cleanest drivers out there, just while I'm getting used to this game, handling and everything, it's a bit of a change.

Cheers guys, see you on track tonight
  11. JJ_Penguin

What helped me was racing against AI with difficulty on 80-85, start mid pack and follow the other cars around. See where the proximity indicator shows up and the lines/braking points of the AI. Then build up from there, plus it helps your Safety rating
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  12. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yup, and I will do that tonight before I join the server - I just haven't powered the game up since it launched.
  13. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    No Nothing like that at all. It simply all of a sudden just has no feedback than no control then bang the car cannot be controlled bang into the wall and damage! The wheel re calibrates itself and works again but then the feedback is just crazy light or even lumpy feeling on the feedback depending on how it re calibrated and is well not drivable at all. Reset everything works like a charm but alas it happens again at some point.
    Last night practice was the worst it did it multiple times and is why i was on and off the track.
    The last thing i did after most left is changed the rim (which ive never had to do anyway) and at this point it was ok , we will see later though in practice to qualifying.
    Even if this is the issue i cannot work out why it only does it ONLY on ACC and nothing else.
    Hopefully its ok but time will tell.
    Very frustrating as i cannot string laps together very often to get my speed up.
    I managed to do a mid 1:47 after you left on the rim Change.
    Watch this space!
    JJ_Penguin and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  14. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    It was
  15. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Good racing all and congratulations to gazz and bounty on there race wins. I am still a newby to acc, but is growing on me already. My races were a little unfortunate with a bit of contact on both opening laps. But that's racing sometimes. My highlights are putting it on pole both races and almost sneaking into the 43s with a 44.1
    I was half a second under on my last qualifying run until I ran into traffic. I should of timed my lap better. I should also mention that it was very close between bounty and myself both qualifying runs. I noticed everyone's race pace was pretty fast.
    Race 1 contact, I managed to grind back to 4th from dead last and long damage repairing early pitstop.
    Race 2 I received contact into turn 1 of the start which again have my some damage. I tried to punch out a few laps to get some life out of the tyres but bounty was way to fast. So I thought I better pit and fix the car. Bounty was long gone by the time all the pitstops were done. Great pace tonight bounty! Still I had lots of fun and put down a lot of my progress to everyone being really helpful with everything from wheel settings to cars setups and just general gameplay physics.
    Looking forward to next week
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yep, fun night. I got to practice my pit stops lots! :rolleyes: Also found out later that you're allowed to refuel in the race so might give that a go next time to run a lighter car. Man the ACC UI sucks, the race regs had pit stop and tyre change as bold white text while refuelling and driver change were greyed out. How would you expect to interpret that! :rolleyes:
    incey likes this.
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Apologies for T1 R2 Russell. Was concentrating on where Bounty was and missed my brake marker.

Last night's first race:

and second race before server glitch. Check out the flying cars!:
    Bounty05 and Russell like this.
  18. JJ_Penguin

I would read the driver briefing in here where it clearly stated what the pitstop requirements are
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  19. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    No worries gazz. Congratulations on you're race win
  20. JJ_Penguin

Well what a night that was!
    Well done to @nigegunz on pole for race 1. I was spewing I couldn't get a lap together, but I put the game face on and knew I'd have to hunt you down. Respectful start between us going through the first couple turns and first lap but then I lost my braking mark going into T1 and almost ran up the back of you! Pushed hard for the next few laps and got to within 2 secs but overcooked it a few times pushing too hard so decided to Pit. Once you pitted there was a couple secs between us again but lap traffic helped get that to a second. Awesome battle until you outbreaked yourself and handed the win to me, bad luck mate. Won't be the last time we have a battle!

Quali 2 was a interesting. I stuffed the chicane on my 1st 2 flying laps. Starting wondering if I'd forgotten how to do it, but took deep breathe just sent it. new PB! Race 2 was just an anti-climax with the server disconnecting. Was looking forward to having a battle with Slambo! well done to @TYMORGO on another win & to the podium.

The results for Server 2 were good see. People on the most part seem to be coming to terms with the game and gaining speed. Practice does help!
    Russell and nigegunz like this.