GT Sport Season 12 - Fastest Lap and Race Time

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Know how you feel, hold that smile.
    My 1st ever ROOZ season race win was at the bloody awesome Nurb, only other win ever was at bloody awesome Bathurst the next week. A week of glory in 3-4yrs :roflmao:
    incey, gtkingx, emmo46 and 4 others like this.
  2. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    @Road2fury in the top 20!!!!
    Awesome speed man, doing div 5 proud :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. Road2fury

Road2fury New Recruit

i like the nurburgring it fast track when think about it over 20km long most low speed corners gear 3rd in the mx5
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    RD 1 and RD 3: 46 Drivers within one second of fastest lap. Are you fing kidding me
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I know. That kind lends credence to @Hatfield's idea for the next season room allocations. Of course that is only fastest laps.
    incey likes this.
  7. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Well it was under a minute lap time. For comparison, Jack Smith lapped less than a second off the leaders pace at Symmons Plains in his 2018 wildcard, so... :unsure::whistling:
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So as an added bonus, here are the Season 12 pace breakdown and overall Pace for all of GTS.

WARNING - Download the file from Google Drive, Excel online doesn't like Pivots..
    Season 12 pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h_jfyjrfq89sgAIFVcD0l2a6zQOhkdVd/view?usp=sharing
    Overall Pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KDzbpGB-_ipUfrQEJRtTMzcXrhrVCey/view?usp=sharing

How to use
    Don't be daunted by the sheer amount of data, we can trim that down.
    Using the drop down arrow above the driver name in the chart itself, choose the Select All option which will unselect everyone. Now just scroll through the list to find the drivers you would like to compare too. Select as many as you would like.
    Example
    [​IMG]

What does it mean & How is the data obtained
    First up, the second question.
    I take the FL and RT from the Fastest Lap data we obtain and break each time down to milliseconds using some Excel wizardary. I then compare those numbers to the Fastest achieved on the night. This gives you a figure.
    The closer you are to 1 the faster you are.

You've linked 2 files, what's the second one for
    That Overall Pace file stores ALL 12 Seasons of GTS data, allowing to see how you are going over your racing career. Obviously you know if you are doing well in a certain car, etc. But this allows you to compare to other drivers and see the good or bad in a pretty little chart.

Why?
    I like data. I offered Hat and co my assistance in an attempt to even out the divisions so that the competition could be closer. I've in the past solely used the Overall pace to initially place racers, alongside the promotion / regulation system, however this season I decided to change things up a bit and only choose cars of a slow type (GR4, N400, etc) to seed the divisions better. There was a pretty big shakeup in divisions 2 - 4, which I believe led to some closer racing.
    The N300 car helped too :D

Personally
    With the changes to how the divisions were seeded, the competition was going to be on. I knew from the outset that I wasn't going to be a top runner, but everyone in the division had the ability / chance to stand on the podium, if they put in the time to practise.
    I had set myself a goal this season, given the slower car to improve my pace and drop below the '20' figure. I scraped in by a poof-teenth, but I managed it.
    Although I'm happy with scrapping under the 20 mark, my season was marred with accidents in every race that cost me likely podium finishes.

Anyhow, if you have any questions, fire away.
  13. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Try again.
    T F Eccles likes this.
  15. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    I spend way too much time at work looking at pointless data but seeing someone so passionate about it almost motivates me to use it more :roflmao:

Seriously well done on this Johnno. Your hard work is valued by everyone and we are grateful for the dedication you show to this league!
    UrsineSaturn9, Dybo, Matthyus and 3 others like this.