ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Full Info & Sign Up!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Sep 26, 2020.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 4 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt, @Rolz

Get ready to don your sponsor cap, slip into your favourite European accent and thank everybody back at the factory because Season 4 is here! And as our first season featuring mixed class GT racing we can't wait to mix it up on track!

Round 9 is on the 7th December 2020

GENERAL INFO

• Season 4 will be a GT3 & GT4 mixed vehicle class championship run over 10 rounds.
    • Race types include Super Sprints, Sprints and Enduros.
    • Vehicle classes are assigned based on information provided by each driver at signup.
    • There are three driver classes - Pro, Silver and AM each with their own separate championship.
    • Driver classes are assigned using a combination of the RaceOnOz driver pace calculations (more info), ACC ratings & qualifying server laps (for those new to the league) and discretion.
    • Driver classes will be reviewed early in the season with adjustments occurring under certain circumstances.
    • All series' will drop a driver's lowest scoring round which will be reflected in our dynamic and interactive leaderboards.
    • Points are awarded for position in class meaning that 1st in GT3 gets the same points as first in GT4, even thought 1st in GT4 may be any position overall (15th, 22nd etc) - but they never appear in the same table as they are in different classes.
    • The leaderboard will be visible in the 2nd post including tabs for viewing separate classes.
    • Drivers can enter the season at any round as long as certain criteria are met.
    • There may be variable weather for each round providing we can find effective server settings to reduce the volatility of Kunos' weather system.
    • There will be a dedicated practice server available all week configured with matching Monday race conditions
    • Wednesday each week is the official 'get together' practice night for the season and includes shorter fun based races in a more casual style. The server is still configured to match most of the Monday race conditions.
    • The use of custom painted skins is currently NOT allowed for Season 4 (penalties may apply).
    • Server information will be listed within each round's specific forum thread.
    • Please read all the following information before using the Season 4 Signup link.

SESSION TIMES (AEDT - click for time zone info)
    Official Practice: 8.15pm | 1st Qualifying*: 9.00pm | 1st Race*: **9.20pm
    * Some rounds include multiple qualifying and race sessions
    ** Race time is now 5 mins later to accommodate new qualifying format

RACE SCHEDULE
    Note: Each entry below will include a link to its own race thread & results table when appropriate.

01. 05-10-2020 Misano 2 x 30 minute Sprints (Sprint Cup) >> Info thread <<
    02. 12-10-2020 Kyalami 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup) >> Info thread <<
    03. 19-10-2020 Monza 90 minute Enduro (Endurance Cup) >> Info thread <<
    04. 26-10-2020 Zolder 2 x 30 minute Sprints (Sprint Cup) >> Info thread <<
    05. 02-11-2020 Nurburgring 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup) >> Info thread <<
    Sp. 09-11-2020 Spa Francochamps 144 minute Super Enduro (non-championship) << Info thread <<
    06. 16-11-2020 Laguna Seca 2 x 30 minute Sprints (Sprint Cup) >> Info thread <<
    07. 23-11-2020 Barcelona 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup) >> Info thread <<
    08. 30-11-2020 Suzuka 100 minute Enduro (Endurance Cup)
    09. 07-12-2020 Zandvoort 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup)
    10. 14-12-2020 Bathurst 120 minute Enduro (Endurance Cup)

RACE FORMATS
    The RazeOnOz Monday Night GT Challenge (ROOZ GTC) consists of 10 rounds, split across 3 race formats.

Super Sprint
    • Practice – 45min
    • Qualifying 1 – 20min << increased from 15 mins - now split into 2 x 10 min segments
    • Race 1 – 30min
    • Qualifying 2 – 20min << increased from 15 mins - now split into 2 x 10 min segments
    • Race 2 – 30 min
    No Mandatory Pitstop

Sprint
    • Practice – 45min
    • Qualifying – 20min << increased from 15 mins - now split into 2 x 10 min segments
    • Race – 1hr
    1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres
    57 minute pit window
    Fuel optional, fill time not fixed

Enduro
    • Practice – 45min
    • Qualifying – 20min << increased from 15 mins - now split into 2 x 10 min segments
    • Race – 90, 100, 120min (Rounds 3, 8 and 10)
    1 Mandatory pitstop for fuel and tyres
    No pit window
    Fuel time is fixed

Super Enduro
    The ROOZ 2.4hrs of Spa will have its own dedicated thread closer to the time, please look out for that in due course!

Joining a race evening
    All drivers are required to join a league session either during the practice session or qualifying. Race sessions will be closed. For super sprints, all drivers must join by the end of qualifying 1.

RULES & REGS
    Rules rules rules. Why are there so many rules? OK so it turns out that in order to keep everyone on the same page (and hopefully on the same track) we need a clear set of rules for things like classes, points, pitstops, starts, restarts, voice chat and so on. Therefore we ask every driver to be fully familiar with the rules and regulations linked below:

ETIQUETTE GUIDE
    Here at RaceOnOz whether you want to "arrive and drive" or "prac and attack" you'll find plenty of enjoyable racing. That's because we encourage equal measures of both strong competitive spirit and gentlemanly conduct. As long as all members are familiar with our Etiquette guide the racing will continue to be amazing. You'll find the guide at the link below:

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 4. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 4 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the S4 server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

SEASON 4 SIGNUPS :sneaky::ninja::alien::cautious::cool::eek::poop::oops::roflmao::sleep::coffee::thumbsup:
    Sign ups for this season will be partially automated and handled by our super whizbang results website. This requires a quick and simple registration to allow drivers to interact with the cool thingamabobs that Steve has cooked up for us :)
    • Please go to stevehasadomain.com and register for a user account
    • Once you have registered there, you will see a link to the signup form under 'News' on the home page
    • Follow that link, fill in the form and you are signed up for Season 4!
    • You can now sign in to the site anytime to check race results, league tables, stats and so forth
    • Most of these race results, league tables, stats and so forth will also be visible here on our forum
    Back here at the forum you can check the Entry list below and see how it grows! Also if you are new to ROOZ ACC leagues please make sure you've done some laps on the qualifying server before the season begins.

NOTE: Please check the Currently Reserved Race Numbers thread as well as the Entry List below before choosing a race number.

QUALIFYING SERVER
    If you are new to ROOZ ACC leagues please make sure you have done at least three (3) laps on the qualifying server before the season begins. This will help us put you in the correct class for your pace level. To find the server just search for rooz in the ACC lobby and seek out the one with Qualifying Server in the name. Check out the link below for more info:

ENTRY LIST

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

4. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

HEEEEREWEGOOOO.

Super excited for this season, and if anyone has any questions please reach out to any of us on the admin team by direct message or in a thread and we will do our best to answer any and all questions! :D
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

YIP YIP bring it on fellas!
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    krunch likes this.
  6. Daemoroth

Daemoroth New Recruit

All signed up, though as is custom, I managed to screw up. :D Steve, could you change my Discord name from 'Daemoroth#4235' to 'W. Stryker (Daemoroth)' if it's not a huge pain?

PS - Flexible on class but I really, REALLY prefer GT3 as I still struggle to drive the GT4s... :unsure:
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

yes of course mate no drama at all :) - I have made the change!
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Daemoroth likes this.
  8. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

keen to get back to racing with you guys :)
    might get the gt4 dlc season 5 though
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

Awesome mate, great idea.
    AeroDynamicMilk likes this.
  10. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Looks great!
    I'm planning to commit to the Enduro races at a minimum since I usually have Monday night plans but I should be able to make my schedule work. I'll try and make as many other events as I can too.
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

There is a separate Enduro cup so if you can only do those, you can still be in with a shot at that cup!!!
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  12. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

That's the idea! So I still feel like I have something to 'compete' for. :thumbsup:
  13. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Thanks @krunch for the heads up. Keen to get back into Monday night racing :thumbsup:
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Awesome to have you back mate!
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Chuck me in anything, will probably have to miss a few rounds
  16. Mael

Mael Professional

Phew that was hard work. Paperwork done and dusted.
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I saw your Facebook post and I'd love to sign up!
    I do shift work so can't make every Monday but I'll do my best
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

awesome spidey!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I have a question or two from a mate who i told this league off.
    Do you run the one car for the season?
    Can you use custom liveries?
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

You choose one car for the whole season.

Currently due to the issues with join lag we are not allowing custom liveries. Race sessions will be locked but we would like to allow people to join the server during qualy (rushing home from work...made it just in time...type stuff) - so we aren't going to allow skins as it may ruin someones lap. If we find a way to eliminate the join lag or manage the skins server side, or some other solution, we will take another look at it as we are sure that lots of people really want to use skins!

Also just a reminder to sign up via. the link in the OP - this helps us to manage the server entry lists, stats website etc
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.