DIVISION 1 - SEASON 12

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 10, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for the season guys.... Have to be honest and say i was a bit disappointed with a small grid for the last round, starting with 10 was ok but to lose 4 with DSC left a pretty empty track...

Congrats to slambo for the championship....Just tooo good mate...well done to @Glenn Stimson for second and @Kart-No-1 for 3rd....

My night was bitter sweet.... Qual was good, did a reasonable lap so happy to start 4th... Lap 1 was interesting through turn 1-2 and 3, unfortunately got a bit of a bump und went back to 7th..... Alll good had a good battle with Ijs and TT for a few laps before i was able to get past and start to hunt down the top 4...When i saw slambo and Stimson come together i was about 8 seconds behind Kart-No-1 and Aryin was ever so slowly catching them while they battled.... On about lap 10, Aryin had a spin and then pitted i think so was working hard to try to get the 6 seconds down to Kart.... I ran long with him and by lap 30 had made ground, so was right on his bumper...thats when i decided to pit and a 3.2 second pit stop (how the hell that happened im buggered if i know) i was out in front of Aryin and Slambo was another 3 seconds behind...

By this stage we had lost a few with DSC (not sure why guys, i had no one else home) and with 8 to go Aryin had got ahead but his tyres were starting to go off..... With 3 or 4 to go Aryin had a big spin at the final chicane, and with no where to go i T-Boned him which let Slambo through and by the time we got going again he was about 8 seconds up the road..

2 to go, and i though that Kart would have been well in front now, before his pit, and add to that Aryin had another spin at T1 being agressive on teh brakes behind me... So a little clear air, and was relieved when i passed Kart while he was still in pit lane...... Was settled for a 2nd place finish, until i came around turn 7 from memory to see Slambos car parked right in the middle of the road... WTF ! about 3 seconds later he DSC..... TBH its a hollow win and a bit of a crap way to get my first win in div 1(will probably be my last) ...... Would have much preferred to get a result with a full grid.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the season, thanks for your support of ROOZ and also thanks for largely making the mod teams job pretty easy each week.
    Thanks to @t_b_williams for collating the results each week, to @Ad2mny and @garyw61 for their help in the set up.

Also to @(Medomonen) Blake T for the streams when he was able to make it. Hopefully we are able to stream again in the new season.

Have a break, will start to get the new season set up in the next few days and start collating entries for those keen to go around again.
    Thanks stu
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Cheers for the season as always really appreciate your work, @stucar17
    im still gutted about Sunday night after the dsc race was awesome till that point an early incident with Stimson
    Had a awesome fight back caught aryin only to spin and did that 3 more times, every time I caught ya I’d use so much of the tyres it would get so loose and I’d spin again.
    to get the lead back with a few laps to go and dsc lap 40 of 40, such a disappointing end to a fun season.
    Will look forward to season 1 pcars 3 :laugh:
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

4. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    To stucar17,ad2nmy, garyw61, tbwilliams, medomonen and all of you that continually keep running this brilliant competition, a very big thank you. Unfortunately/fortunately my new businesses took up alot of my time, as all aware long nights and long weeks with no time to play. To bhr cheers for the involvement in the team, the play for this season was to rack up as many points for the teams champ, but with no practice and first laps around the circuit on the night, if I got a chance to race it was just a hope in hell of me getting anywhere.
    With business not being so hectic at the end of the week, racing should be alot easier to find time to get back in the seat.
    Once again cheers to everybody and hope you are all safe. Onto the next seasons chapter
    Anthonyb, seowster and stucar17 like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hope to have all points and teams championship point finalised today. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting, have had a pretty hectic couple of weeks....As has everyone else....

When the points are confirmed will let you all know.
    Thanks stu
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

7. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys, A generic post to all divs.

We can officially announce the winners of each div, and look forward to the next season !
    First off, congratulations to Ignitions Controls Racing for taking out the teams championship. Was a close battle and there was just 72 points splitting 1st through to 4th. Looking to see BHR make some big calls for the new draft !
    [​IMG]

In terms of championships, it was great to see all the divs having some really close battles in the points, i think the new points structure worked really well. Have to say a big thanks to those of you who ran most rounds.... Div 1 was pretty good (lost a few and a couple of DSC through the race). Div 2 and 5 were solid with numbers as well, shame about div 3 and 4 having to merge for the enduro....

There isnt much to be said in Div 1, other than Slambobagen was once again the class of the field. Congratulations on yet another Div 1 championship mate. To Stimson and Kart, congrats on the final podium positions, was some great battles right through the field, with 2nd to 6th split by just 18 points, with some hard luck stories along the way for most of the drivers !

In div 2, Well done to Aadman for your championship mate (i believe your first?). Pushed hard by Aykay in second and Anth in 3rd. (not bad for a bloke who spent the first few rounds complaining he hated the car! )

Div 3, and what a performance from @jamie_t (A_River_runs) ! 6 Wins and pole / fastest laps in all bar 1 round.... will be a definate mover and shaker next season. @Wildrat and @AdgeR502 well done on the podium

Div 4 - What a championship, came right down to the last round, and congratulations to @Antmeg26 for his 1 point championship win over Ranlod..... Doski finished just 7 points off the championship win, so when you look back over mistakes made, bad laps and the occasional penalty :eek: this season came down to the wire. Well done guys.

Finally Div 5... Thanks to all the guys who stuck through the season and helped keep good numbers up for each round. Its a steep learning curve, but ultimately we want you guys to be racing up the divs in later seasons. All down to practice, learning off the fast guys and learning the tracks and cars. A few first timers as well, hopefully we see you back for the new season.
    Congratulations to CKJ33 for your championship mate....Start climbing the divs mate !Dazz, great job to keep him Honest with just a 9 point difference for the championship... And Kaakado for a well deserved 3rd place mate.

To all the room hosts, Thanks ! Obviously without you setting up the room we dont have anywhere to race ! If you have a reasonable connection, and are available to host next season please let me know !

To @Bounty05 , officially, Thank you for doing a great job yet again on the tables and teams championships. Also @Anthonyb for the lap time data... Awesome job boys

To the Team Captains, THANK YOU adding that extra dimension to the championship....i think most teams were into it, and we hope this is something that grows over time.

To the the Stewards group, thanks for helping me through the minefield that is race protests ! For the most part, the driving standards were pretty good across the board, however i would say it could always be better. Redressing an incident / accident is always better than dishing out penalties !

On to season 13, hopefully we can have some great racing again, get your entries in asap so we can start to sort the divs !
    Thanks
    Stu / Mod Team
    ckj33, Themissile43 and AdgeR502 like this.