GT-Sport Bathurst Tribute 2020 - (18/10/2020)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Apex_64, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Glad to hear :)
    Apex_64 likes this.
  2. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Silly me went flat out & probably earned myself a bigger handicap!:rolleyes:
    Vik Chan and Apex_64 like this.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I reckon you both actually think you should be starting behind the other. I am smelling one awesome race battle between you two. Maybe I should start you together, and just let the battle begin lap1. ;)

I think once we were racing the competitive juices took over for everybody except gtking, I think he is still waiting at that roundabout. I have definitely underestimated your speed but don't panic, the biggest adjustment out of last night will be to the Div5 guys.
    Vik Chan, NAACS, Buster_Danis and 2 others like this.
  4. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Hi guys, I hope everyone had a better night than me.
    Sorry for posting in the PSN chat, I couldn't log in to here. Not sure if it's just me but I keep getting logged out of this site eventhough I've selected the "Stay logged in" box.
    To last night, the reason I logged off was because I became a hazard to other racers. On lap 2 I came around T1 and could see 3 cars infront all close together but going much slower. I tried to go around them but ended up on the grass losing to much speed. GQ gave me room to re-enter but then I mis-judged the braking point of car infront of me for T2 and I collided with him so I put myself in the wall in disgust with myself. I then tried to get going again but I just became a massive hazard to the others coming through and seeing as it was a practice race to finalise things I thought it best I retire from the race so I didn't make things any harder for the race organisers.
    I really struggle when I make contact as I still don't know what to do. If it's just a light touch I'm fine, but if I negatively affect another driver it makes me feel quite bad and if I manage to catch back up to the other car after re-dress I even struggle with overtaking that person if the opportunity arises.
    Sorry again to those drivers I affected, I hope you know that it was unintentional.
    Cheers team.
  5. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    We wondered why you left, don't be hard on yourself it is difficult coping with slower and faster drivers and especially at Bathurst. I think probably nearly everyone made a mistake or 2, and some effected other drivers. But as long as it is unintentional, and every effort is made to avoid it, and an apology is given and redress if needed, all is ok.
    Nights like last night are great for racing skills coming up against different paced drivers.
    We all make mistakes, and the physics of this game tend to magnify contact.
    gtkingx and Buster_Danis like this.
  6. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

“I wasn’t speeding officer! I just ran away from all the fighting, because it scared me Sargent Apex, Honest!”;):D
    NAACS, gtkingx, Apex_64 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Hey Blunty,
    Don't be so hard on yourself, I was one that you collected with on T2 and no hard feelings mate, it's a shame you didn't continue. I find myself in that situation a few times each race (anyone who follows me into Forest elbow will understand!)
    We were going much slower (especially at the start of the race when we are still getting into the groove) & i'm struggling with working out how you guys get through some of the sections so darn quick!
    I believe more close racing brings us all together & we learn much more. 2 weeks ago my best time in these cars was about 2:06 and last night I managed to get a 2:02.5 with some light traffic & battles.
    Keep going mate
    Vik Chan, Dybo, NAACS and 2 others like this.
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Im div 7 so shouldnt affect me.
    NAACS, Apex_64 and Buster_Danis like this.
  9. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    @Blunty075 We've all had races like that - where we accidentally hit someone, or come off trying to avoid someone else. And though some people might sigh on the mic or complain when taken out, it's only a practice race, and these kind of things are expected. Some of these races I've come off, or done what you have done, I slow down, redress, and sometimes I spend the rest of the practice at the back hotlapping by myself. What you need to do is just stay on, finish the race. The constant practice is what gets alot of us being able to race confidently close to each other.

There's a few guys in here that I can race right up behind them all the way around the mountain, because we know about braking a bit earlier into turns if you're following, know where the braking points are we use, know that if you can stick behind someone around the mountain and get that exit out of Forest Elbow, you have a great chance of getting them down Conrod (or not if they get a better exit).

Bascially, as we've said many times previously, practice makes better - and no one can be perfect. You'll get there, We've already seen huge improvement from when you first joined :)
    incey, Apex_64, gtkingx and 1 other person like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Don't forget if you come off on the grass, you have dirty tyres for a bit, and I would treat the next couple of turns with extreme caution and slow much earlier due to this. This is what may have caused this 2nd hit.
  11. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I am just wondering how you went with fuel in the 14 lap practice race, now that the fuel is times 3 ???
    Did you need to stop ???
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep. 11 laps is about the best I could get.
    Apex_64 and Ozglenn like this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    2 stopper for sure for full race distance
    Apex_64, Ozglenn, NAACS and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Thanks emmo and Ursine , I have not had much chance to practice lately but I thought it would be a 2 stop race.
    Apex_64 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    you can do three to be sure
    Buster_Danis, Ozglenn and Apex_64 like this.
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    The grid handicaps have now been adjusted heavily after the practice race/s to give the guys at the front of the grid a fighting chance. Before anybody screams, it is basically 20 secs extra to the majority of the grid in Room1 and similar in Room2. This on straight times could have been 40secs. All other adjustments were minor apart from our run away winner of the practice race. Again on times that penalty could have been double.
    The grid is not final, It will be final by the 11/10, so please feel free complain, but please do so before it becomes final.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  17. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Insert complaint here: “Ouch! that Stings a little!“
    In my defence, I’m pretty sure @NAACS backed off last lap or had a wobble & made the gap look bigger than it was in the end, as he was catching me b4 that. Also I was very lucky on the first couple of laps with others tripping over each other, so this got me close to the front quickly (nothing to do with my actual pace). From there on I could concentrate on consistency while others hindered each other in the fight for positions. I got lucky in the practice race which made me look faster than I was.
    I’m ok with more handicap but feel that’s a touch harsh. Was thinking maybe by a couple of seconds less?:whistling:
    Max Gassit and Apex_64 like this.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I was in clean air at the back after some mishaps and you were increasing the gap each lap. I think you need more not less hahahaha
    Apex_64 and Buster_Danis like this.
  19. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Shhhh!
    Apex_64 likes this.
  20. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Lol, I didn't even check it before, I've gained another 20 seconds, going to be a long wait for that 68 second mark to go by... 47 seconds isn't bad really @Buster_Danis lol.

Going to be an awesome night, with a great challenge! Regardless of where I am on the grid, I'm just looking forward to some fun
    DeanK, Apex_64, Vik Chan and 3 others like this.