GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I actually had a look through the colourshifts recently and came across that Incey colour... brought up all those anger issues all over again lol
    incey likes this.
  2. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Hi team, I'm a driver looking 4 selection in the Contender Cup. Can a team captain please select me in their team?
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    love issues did you mean hahahaha
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm sure you'll get a drive in Contender Cup if a 2nd room gets up.
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Its really so long as you have those couple of decals (SPCC ones) on, a racing number board with the TC2, TCX, TC4 above it - the rest of the car doesn't matter - if you want to go plain with just the colour shift with no artwork go for it.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    The reality of a 2nd room is this - it needs to be full - 15 drivers - with team owners having reserves. Those drivers likely to be also competing in the Rebel Cup - which means, 18 weeks of racing, on 9 tracks - every Thursday night. Will this be sustainable throughout the whole time - will there be drops offs in the 2nd room?

Being that there is the Rebel Cup, which offers a fortnightly race with the same specs and everything, just without the 'Team' aspect of the Contender cup - In reality, is a 2nd room viable? This is the main worry that Unders and I have. Last thing we want is near the end of the season, when people have dropped out, and the 2nd room is only having 8-10 racers each week (which tbh is a possible reality).

Now don't get me wrong, I am hella excited for this series, and having as many compete in it due to the variety of car choice, the strategic choices that can be made throughout the series etc... it's going to be a great series, both Contender and Rebel.

There's my 10 cents worth on this.

Cheers all!
    DeanK, Max Gassit, emmo46 and 2 others like this.
  7. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Re the extra lobby...
    Is it better to have a race with 8 drivers or no race with no drivers
    The extra lobby provides the opportunity to grow the series.
  8. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I understand that - the only thing being that what always happens within series like this, there is a drop off of drivers. Personally, I would rather race with a guaranteed 15 in a room each time, rather than a room with maybe 8.

Not forgetting the Rebel Cup is there for this as well - being that it's exactly the same spec basically as the Contender Cup. The only difference being that the ballast follows the driver throughout the vehicles, instead of the ballast being applied to the vehicle only.

I'm all good with backing up a 2nd room, bringing more workload for myself and Unders to organise, and ensure that everything is where it should be on the night, so long as there is committed captains that can guarantee that they will fill the room
    Max Gassit likes this.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I think the problem here is that lots of these guys who haven't been selected for the contender cup didn't even get a fighting chance. It's become some sort of exclusive event like a ROC but what have we done right to deserve the spots? These guys haven't gotten the chance to apply for team owner, to put their hand up to race or to compete at all. I know there are plenty of guys out there who would jump at the chance to race with 8 other blokes every Thursday night, I see no reason why a NG2 setup wouldn't be possible and why they couldn't have a chance to have a spin.
  10. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Happy to say why these team owners were given first opportunity......Past Commitment. These guys showed in the SCNG that they were able to keep there teams on grid every round. You might call that exclusive, I call it rewarding people who helped keep my series afloat. There were many occasions that I received messages saying that someone can't race or a teammate can't race with no effort by the team owner to try and get a replacement.

Not sure where you are getting the idea of not being able to compete at all????? The Rebel Cup is right there waiting for entries, and atm we are no where near 2 full rooms in the RC. The 2nd SCNG room averaged 9.2 entries over the series, which after all of hype of wanting a 2nd room open was a bit disappointing. I put the word out there that if enough interest there is a possibility of a 2nd Contender room, but at the moment, we have one half hearted entry and an entry from Emmo to help fill the room. So while there is talk, I see no action.

Now we all know life gets in the way, I can attest to this as due to work commitments I am not able to run in any of the 2 series myself, but I still want to make sure this series runs well. I will not apologise for wanting full rooms for this series. Myself and @Xtr3meNZer have worked hard on doing something different for ROOZ and I think it will deliver, but you have to be careful not to overstretch.
  11. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I completely agree with you mate. By the time I saw this event was happening all positions were full and I saw the info 24hrs after it was published.
  12. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m gonna be a team owner of Team Banana Racing but who wants to join my team
  13. THE_UNDER_STUDY

The team owners chose there individual drivers, that was not up to myself and xtreme. If you are that committed to wanting to be in the Contender Cup, then be a team owner, put a team together and register interest. Like I said, if enough interest is garnered and I can get enough COMMITTED team owners, I will LOOK at opening a 2nd room. But complaining about missing out on running in a series when we can't even fill 2 rooms in the Rebel Cup atm doesn't help the situation.
    DeanK likes this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Do you see why there are complaints though? At the end of the day, it's a community series. People are feeling like they've been excluded from the main event in the Contender Cup because they had no chance to register interest. There was no knowledge from the greater community that the entries were open, which is why nobody was able to register interest. I know personally this has made me feel like trying to field a team at this point is like racing in an 'inferior' lobby.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Personally, I like the look of the Contender cup more than the Rebel cup. I'm guessing some others potentially share the same view & that's why the Rebel cup isn't gathering as much interest as the Contender cup?

I agree with @Viperzed some drivers didnt even receive a chance to drive in the contender cup. Use me as an example, I couldn't do NGSC as I had commitments with soccer training, now free of those commitments but I dont get an opportunity to drive in that type of series this time?

So for the 2nd room, with the 2 Cups competing on alternating weeks there wouldn't be a shortage of drivers just need a few more team owners and I see there is a couple of people interested already. And what is the personal want of a full lobby anyway? I understand that full lobbies are awesome but not running a 2nd lobby because it only has 12 drivers or something seems slightly unfair on those wanting to compete.

I am happy to drive for someone in the contender cup but I am not sure for my availability into the new year...
  16. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Again, I make no apologies how for how myself and xtr3me choose to run the series. It may be a community series, but like it or not, it is run by myself and Xtr3me.

(The following are my words, not Xtr3mes)
    And if this next part puts anyones nose out of joint, so be it, but if anyone is put off by the way we run it, you are more than welcome to go and run your own. I see a lot of people on here put a massive amount of effort on here at ROOZ to run and organise a series (Sunday league, Throwback, W.E.T, just to name a few) , only to see people complain about it and nit pic every little detail without putting themselves out there and running something themselves. Alot of the organisers just let this criticism slide, I won't.
    Next time you guys turn up on a grid to a ROOZ event, do a race then sit back and relax till the next ROOZ event, think about the effort put in by organisers behind the scenes for the week in between.

NOW, as stated many times in many posts above, if there is enough interest to justify a 2nd room I will look into it. And if a 2nd room did happen, it wouldn't be 'inferior' as you put in @CaptainRisky21 as the structure of how the points and finishing positions work haven't been announced yet. Another problem when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.
    Max Gassit and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Good on you for running a series, i know i quite enjoyed the racing last season, and i'd hope that this season would be more of the same.
    Now, the second room may have the same points and whatnot, but we weren't handpicked by yourself or Xtr3me, resulting in that 'inferior' feeling. It's just how i've interpreted this whole situation. I'm open to being proven wrong.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I just read that again scrolling though the posts, lol'd again. i could almost imagine your face when you saw that magnificent colour scheme
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I paused for a moment and contemplated making my livery in that colour just to see your reaction, but I almost vomited in my mouth
    incey likes this.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Sorry but I can't be held responsible for your feeling of 'inferior', that is up to you to work out. Same goes for proving you wrong. Its not up to me to do that. I presented a set of circumstances in the form of this series, some people like it, some don't. You can not please everyone and I certainly do not expect to.