GT-Sport THROWBACK THURSDAY Series. GTS Seasons 1-10

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 21, 2020.

1. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    am I blind or is there no time of day for the track stated?
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    No you are not blind ... My apologises
    HEATS
    1. 16.30
    2. 17.00
    FINAL : 18.30
    gtkingx and emmo46 like this.
  3. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    If anyone would like my spot on the grid, I'd be happy not to race this track
  4. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Sorry @VARDZ I'm out tonight I'm running late and wont get home until you will have almost finished
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Really fun combo tonight, some great racing throughout, in particular race 2, which I've shared in game and posted last lap and a half below with @Hatfield @VARDZ and @CaptainRisky21. Also some great close racing with @Blunty075 in race 3 with us trading places almost every lap. Bad luck on the final lap mate where you broke a little too late and sent it sideways. Congratulations @CaptainRisky21 on the win, you really do seem to do well on this track!
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus, Hatfield and Peersy like this.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I'm gutted about daylight savings - I was practicing with GTKing earlier and I was feeling it, got into the groove, really would have loved to have raced.

Hopefully back next week guys!
    Peersy likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that was indeed epic.

Shame the final race where it all matters happened like it did (for me anyway)
    @LE_bananajosh had a big lose out of the sweeping esses and had lost control across the track but he didn't get ghosted and instead got a t-bone from me which sent me off too lol
    So in the end I had to just push and make up spots from others making mistakes
    Thanks to @Viperzed for pushing me along which meant we were able to catch @gtkingx at the end when he made his chicane of death error
    Maybe things would have turned out better if I ran +5 BB all night instead of -5 in the first 2 races lol
    Viperzed, UrsineSaturn9 and Peersy like this.
  8. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Awesome night of racing fullas.
    I'm sorry about the last race on the first/second corner, bumping @Hatfield and redressed but also about 5 other cars passed me :(

Having staid that, so much fun and I'm getting better
    VARDZ, gtkingx, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    That was the best round of the entire season so far no only in the way of a result but also the car track combo the overall evenness across the field. I think that this format should be used in the regular Sunday season for at least 1 round.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I like the format for a fun, handicapped series like this but I don't think it's fair to use in a proper competition. Qualifying is about setting the fastest lap so you have the advantage of clear air, not how well you can navigate through slower drivers

(talking my own book here as I suck in traffic but I think my point is valid)
    Max Gassit and Hatfield like this.
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Stoked to have just made the grid for the final on a whopping 0 points! Cheers for waiting fellas! Racing was bloody tight from the looks of things and I capped it off by making every mistake under the sun trying to overdrive the car lol. This'll be a similar scenario for me every 2nd week unfortunately so fingers crossed I can drill out the silly mistakes from the back.
    Peersy likes this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Cheers boys, yeah you could say I love this track haha! Made some rookie errors in the two qualifying races which left me starting 6th for the final, but i managed to squeak up to 3rd i think after T1. Blunty and GTKing came together a few laps later at T1 and I slid threw into the lead.
    Great racing @Blunty075, @UrsineSaturn9, @VARDZ and @gtkingx
    Peersy, gtkingx and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  13. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Cheers mate unfortunately I didn't think I raced well at all. First race I hit Emmo eventhough I was going slower than normal through T3-4. Race 2 was ok but when I got close to Emmo I backed off to avoid a repeat of Race 1. Race 3 I managed to get into the lead but I kept making mistakes and didn't take advantage of having a lighter car. The last lap I had flashbacks of daily races where idiots just punt you and stuffed it on T1 once again ruining my race. Extremely frustrating.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    No Fittipaldi this week as there is no upgrades available in the BHP. Will have the Round details up shortly.... Sorry @emmo46
  15. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Ohhh no! Was looking forward to the FlippedBananni
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the delay in getting this round up... The series will have to give the Fittipaldi the "flick" as it does not have the ability upgrade the power... So what do we do... 1 of 2 things 1 Use the season 11 car the GrX Renault Sport R.S. 01 or we vote on what season car we enjoyed the most and repeat that. The call is yours. As usual please like this comment to confirm your entry.
    STARTING GRID
    1. VARDZ
    2. URSINE
    3. PEERSY
    4. VIPER
    5. VIK CHAN
    6. XTREME
    7. GTKING
    8. RISKY
    9. RAZOR
    10. AZA
    11. MAX
    12. HAT
    13. BLUNTY
    14. EMMO
    15. JOSH
    16. APEX
    17. .
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Max Gassit, Aza2672, Apex_64 and 10 others like this.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Huh? :(
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    because of the minimal options to adjust power and weight for the 'bop' this series uses, he had to drop it
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Damn.
  20. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    "So what do we do... 1 of 2 things 1 Use the season 11 car the GrX Renault Sport R.S. 01 or we vote on what season car we enjoyed the most and repeat that. The call is yours"

I hated that S11 car so my vote is we vote haha (I'd vote for the Mazda TC at Redbull full track in the wet)
    Peersy likes this.