Season 13 Car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys,
    The toughest decision for any season is what the weapon of choice will be !
    We dont have a lot of time, but any cars you recommend we should try for the next season, please add them in here....

TBH, we were looking at something a bit faster and grippier (away from a GT car) and have been running a bit in the LMP3 cars to test them out.... The LMP3 cars are fast, but they are pretty stable to drive, both models are same spec, heaps of liveries and we havent done them yet!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Natmanscoop also compiled a list from his testing and came up with the following..
    He loves the Ginetta G55 - GT3, but we wanted to have a slight break this season from a GT3 car given ACC guys, and also looking at doing another mixed grid to 'try' to keep things as fresh as we can given the PCARS3 flop !

FYI: NATMAN LIST
    Audi R8 LMS - Lovely
    BAC - Mono - Too lively
    Cadillac ATS-V - Junk steering
    Caterham SP/300.R - too much front end
    F288gto - no brakes
    F330P4 - nice, too fast?
    F365GTB4 - Nice, Heavy steering
    F488 Challenge - WoW that's torque! Too much!
    Ford FG V8SC - Too twitchy.
    Ford GT40Mk4 - Nice but too much car?
    Ginetta LMP3 - Nice, too fast.
    Ginetta G55 GT3 - PERFECT.
    KTM X-BowGT4 - NO!
    Lambo Huracan GT3 - Noice!
    McLaren 650s GT3 - Nice. Well mannered.
    Merc 190E DTM - Reluctant to turn then drifts! Not great.
    R34 SMS-R - CLUNKY, Engine redlines at 7,500???!!! Waste of a car.
    Radical SR8 -Warp Speed! Only grips up on full attack. (Too fast/much?)
    Radical SR3 - Nice to drive, but underpowered. Bit Tail heavy.

So, while this wont go to any vote or anything, if you have a car you feel we should test, please let us know so we can get on it and make a call ASAP so people know whether to enter or not based on the car.

Thanks stu
  2. Andy11023

Andy11023 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    andy11023
    I ran the Lotus 49 the other night. It was a lot of fun.
    dn.orr83 and stucar17 like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

This is fun but we have found with the open wheelers that they havnt been great league cars. They dont really encourage side by side racing, and when things go pear shaped, it gets really ugly !
    dn.orr83 and Andy11023 like this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    My first pick is the Audi LMP900 car (fast but extremely stable, you can really throw it around), followed by the LMP3 Ginette and Ligier (not as fast or stable but very enjoyable to drive)
    dn.orr83, Adam Parsons and stucar17 like this.
  5. brenticles

brenticles Rookie

The Caterham SP/300.R has push to pass/KERS whatever you want to call it.
    Could make for interesting tactics during a race
    dn.orr83 and stucar17 like this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

Could be worth a try
    dn.orr83, Andy11023 and Adam Parsons like this.
  7. ckj33

ckj33 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ckj33
    LMP3 sounds great and push to pass on the Caterham would definitely make for some interesting racing.
    dn.orr83, stucar17 and Andy11023 like this.
  8. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    The mustang Boss 302R looks and sounds great
    dn.orr83 likes this.
  9. Andy11023

PSN ID
    andy11023
    Ran the Audi R8 LMP lastnight, felt quick and really well balanced.
    dn.orr83 likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is certainly some options there for us to use in the 'prototype' class.... some info for those who havent tried yet

- The LMP3 are pretty good with 2 to choose from.... What i have found is that when you get it to the edge it can let the rear go pretty quick and it end in a fairly big accident ! I also needed to adjust the feedback to the wheel as it pumps back through my wheel pretty hard (reading all the small bumps and grip changes etc). The one thing i have noticed is the draft is quite poor, so passing will be tough in these cars....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Caterham SP300 / R has a lot of grip as well (needs a higher track temp i think) and with the 'push to pass" will make for some great racing IMO. With 10 'boosts' available over the race distance, it would be a really strategic play over 25 laps, especially in traffic where the mid pack is generally very close on pace. Runs out of puff a bit in 5th and 6th gear, but the draft and PTP does see it get up in the revs in 5th and 6th
    [​IMG]

- Audi R8 LMP. Another good car, fast with grip.... The issue here is the tiny number of liveries... Good car though
    [​IMG]
    -
    natmanscoop and Andy11023 like this.
  11. Andy11023

PSN ID
    andy11023
    If it comes to a vote. 1. Audi R8 LMP, 2. Caterham SP300/R 3. LMP3.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Am glad you have tried all three..... We wont go to a vote... Mod team will make a call on the car we will use.
  13. Andy11023

PSN ID
    andy11023
    Cool, look forward to hearing the outcome and getting into it.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Tried the LMP3 versions this afternoon as listed, felt like they were very under powered, twitchy and very little drfating achieved when tucked in behind another vehicle.
    the Audi LMP900 is a ripping car, did 10 laps at Sakitto and the tyres were very worn, would make for some interesting pit strategies and tyre pressure variables.
    Stepping up to the LMP2 was probably the best to drive, a fraction slower than the LMP900, would make for some excellent racing, very stable and grippy.
    dj2ca likes this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The Audi LMP900 has to be the best of the bunch, it's a really fun car to drive. The LMP2 cars are also really fun to drive, I didn't like the Oreca but at least one or two of the Ligiers were an absolute blast.

The Caterham is really fun too after doing a few laps at various tracks
    Adam Parsons likes this.
  16. arnold watson

arnold watson Rookie

what about the ford rs1600 very fast and unreal handling ,the only problem some of the older drivers may not be able to handle it
    seowster and Adam Parsons like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    From my running over the last few nights there are pros and cons to all, these are my thoughts....

LMP3
    - Pros, heaps of grip, faster than other cars we have used, 2 models to choose from, heaps of liveries
    - Cons, feels a bit dull to drive once i got used to the speed of the thing, draft seemed minimal and was hard to pass. starts on the hard tyre.... Not sure of speed diff between the hard and the soft

Caterham
    - Pros, PTP (push to pass) will spice up the racing and bring more strategy into play, good grip once the tyres warmed up, Lots of liveries. Also the PTP is a huge thing in qually....
    - Cons, Gearing a bit long in 5th and 6th (can be hidden by PTP use), In low track temps the rear does seem to get loose, My wheel (T500 rs) seems to get a heap of rough feedback through the road feel and tyre slip. Only 1 tyre compound available to use.

Audi LMP900
    - Pros, fast with heaps of grip and a good amount of draft, sounds good, starts on the soft tyre which brings the hard tyre strategy into play, cockpit view is unreal !
    - Cons, When you get it wrong, it goes wrong in a BIG way. I think there will be a massive field spread after a few laps reducing the 'racing", not sure how the lower div drivers will manage the speed.

Will be testing again tonight if anyone around and keen to jump in....and then ill get together with the mod team to make a choice for what we think will be best for all levels of the league in the next day or 2
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'll be on tonight, flick an invite my way, you know I love testing these things!
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries... Just found out the missus and kids heading home tonight so not sure of my chances now !
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Family first mate, especially when they've been away
    stucar17 and ckj33 like this.