Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 6: DLC

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Completed mine now. First 4 stages where terrible I got at least 1 time penalty on every stage after stuffing around trying to get back on the road I think it might be better to go straight to reset.
    Winning stage 5 at the moment. Very rough bumpy rally but at least I didn't stick it off the cliff near the bridge like I did last time at this event.
    UrsineSaturn9 and KoAStR like this.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Whilst I finished the rally, i was playing it so cautious was so slow. even then still had a few recovery penalties or situations where i had to grab reverse and then go again. but those 726 point turns when you clip a rock and spin around in the real narrow sections are a BEETCH! :D
    UrsineSaturn9 and Anthonyb like this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I finished! An accomplishment in itself. 2:45 behind KoAStR in the end and 1.04 behind Gregory33 (is that you @Kieran_B33?) but got 3 green sectors in stage 5 so I'll take that. @Hatfield I know that corner well, it claimed me and several others last time I rallied here
    Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes gregory is kieran
    yeah that corner has almost gotten me before, but this time the caution call was so late so I broke when I heard it but slidey boy!
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I got around it fine the first time, but I almost went off the 2nd time it came around! It has caught me many times before, i don't like argentina at all.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Had a green sector in one stage, DNF in stage 5 :( oh well
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Argentina is one of the rally’s I’ve done next to no running on, was a struggle, fell of about 3 cliffs 2 bridges, 3 spins was lucky to finish.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Greece = Survival
    Thought I started off all right with a relatively clean stage 1, until 50 metres before the finish where I barrel rolled it on a bank and got a 27 sec reset penalty! A sign of things to come. Plenty of butt-clenching moments throughout the rally with a number of dings in the body work to show for it by the end of stage 4. And then stupidly I forgot to repair and change tyres before the final 2 stages where I nursed it through praying for the tyres to hold out. The gods must have been listening as I managed to make it through without a puncture. I survived! Time now for a cool shower...
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Argentina: The shortest rally's so far this tour based on the clock, but felt like the longest! :confused: Even shorter for @George, @Russell and @Hatfield, victims of the course, and a pity as competition was looking very tight across a few positions until then.
    [​IMG]
    Well done to all that finished, good practice for navigating the cliffs at Greece which @UrsineSaturn9 has found are equally unforgiving - glad you managed to hang in there mate! While the track appears more open than Argentina, I find there's plenty of gotcha lumps and bumps lurking near the track limits to throw you off :ninja::x3:
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    In stage 1 I must of gone off in the same spot near the finish! I was about 27 seconds down on you after 30 seconds worth of resets earlier in the stage (one for 16 & another for 14) Luckily this off I had near the finish allowed me to get back on course without giving me a reset so I was able to beat you by 2 seconds:eek:
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Stage 2 didn't go much better :( Sector 1 went over the jump before the slow left but there is a massive rock that covers some of the road, couldn't do anything and landed straight into it :unsure: punctured front right which i had to repair as with the stage being 8 splits I would of lost more than nursing it on the rim. It was a shame as it ruined what would of been a close battle with @UrsineSaturn9 as I only finished 1:04 down on him
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  12. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Stage 3 was luckily just the first half of stage 1 so learning from my mistakes I put together a pretty clean stage. 4 green sectors but the gains were relatively small until the 3rd stage in which I was up 28 seconds, made up 31 seconds overall and was now just 30.3 seconds behind Ursine

Stage 4 was also a repeat of stage 1 this time the second half was a clean run too 11 seconds up on Ursine after 3 splits now if i just avoid going off at the same place as last time... NOPE! Went off and wasn't so lucky this time as I was slapped with a 28 second penalty:mad:, finished 12 seconds down and 43.2 overall.

Stage 5 was pretty clean as well, couple of close calls such as narrowly scrapping past a rock which i looked on track to hit head on:confused: and got caught out by a 5 left tightening to 3 and nearly went off into the trees there:cautious:. But managed to gain 14 seconds overall on Ursine who's now on worn tyres...

Stage 6 was a clean run too, I was up on Ursine by 22 seconds on the stage. If you haven't been doing the maths while reading along unfortunately it wasn't enough to overtake @UrsineSaturn9 overall as I finished 6.6 seconds down on him.

If I had landed 10 inches to the left after the jump in stage 2 I would of had an event time under 30 minutes but oh well that is rallying :thumbsup:

Greece was fun but was unforgiving at times. for those who haven't run it yet, cliffs and rocks will always be looking to take you out. My poor Skoda took a beating here :roflmao:
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI my game said I had to download Greece and when I clicked to go to ps store there was heaps off stuff I had bought but apparently not yet downloaded, so worth a look for some others

anyway after reading about dangerous Greece (and what happened to me in Argentina) I was extremely cautious.

S1
    Clean apart from catching a road side bush before the finish and stopping before falling off a cliff. Grabbed reverse and finished green by 37s to @Kieran_B33

S2
    Hit that hidden rock after a jump being talked about but luckily no tyre issues
    Hit another road rock head on and lost all front panels but no engine issues
    Lost the bonnett going over a jump lol
    Green stage 3s up
    42s to @UrsineSaturn9 behind

Will continue another night
    Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  14. Anthonyb

I struggle on the easy rallies so not looking forward to this
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    for me, everything here is slower than other rallies.
    So a 6 right isn't flat out, probably no more than 4th gear. Lots of use of the handbrake to turn the car, and keep away from the cliffs at all cost
    v8power383, Kieran_B33 and Anthonyb like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    S3
    pretty smooth, but hit a rock after the finish line (it ended up being fine)
    missed the timing info

S4
    Green by 12s
    1:24 up on ursine

S5
    clean but lost 8s over the stage
    1:29 up on ursine

S6
    clean

1:47 up on ursine after all that, so being cautious paid off... until Koastr comes through in 6th gear flying from crest to crest and skipping through the mountains of greece lol
  17. Anthonyb

So in the first 4 stages I dropped about 50 sec in penalties but I was happy with a green sector on nearly every stage.
    Then stage 5 I was pushing hard enough but being conservative when I missed heard the rh corner glanced the wall on the left. The right hander was closely followed by a left and I got it stopped pointing in the wrong direction. Well at least I thought I had, I slowly started to slip backwards down the bank then the big red screen of death terminal damage unable to recover car. So pissed.:cry:
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  18. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Stage 1. 4:21 down after not fixing the flat tyre properly and going off a few cliffs :rolleyes:
    Stage 2. Green 1st sector :D 2nd sector and found a big rock on the side of the road whilst doing 154kmh :roflmao:
    DNF

I am enjoying this even with the crashes. Onto next round ;)
    UrsineSaturn9 and Anthonyb like this.
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    First few stages went really well, but Greece makes you work hard for it! :devilish:
    Got a bit over confident in worn tyres or misjudged the surface conditions stage 4 and had a few troubles including an off on a hair pin, where I struggled to get back on track. :whistling:
    Then stage 6 swung the back out just a bit wide on the esses just after the start line, into some rocks, so carried a puncture/bare rim for most of the stage.o_O
    Gruelling fun stuff. :confused: Sweating by the end of all that :)
    Not sure I've done enough to hold off Boogey with those mistakes?! :cautious:
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Least mistakes wins this week I reckon!
    Kieran_B33 and George like this.