GT-Sport Bathurst Tribute 2020 - (18/10/2020)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Apex_64, Sep 7, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmm, gtking was in the other room.
    UrsineSaturn9 and Apex_64 like this.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It's up to you.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Thanks everyone for turning up tonight. :thumbsup:
    Wrapped with the end result in Room1 of 9 drivers from 5 divisions within 7.8 secs at the checkered flag. There were 2 Div1 drivers in that 9 so we did have our slight chance.
    Great to have Divs 2,3,4 represented on the podium, Congratulations to Vik, Ursine and Pat.
    Room2 was hard to handicap with so many new drivers and then the dropouts but it was a close race for the podium in Room2 at least. Congratulations emmo "I never have luck here", and GasMonkey, love to see the last lap of your race guys.
    All things going well hope to do it again next year, with maybe more of an enduro length of 90mins.
    Again thanks everybody it is a great way to cap off Bathurst Day for me, thanks for the racing :)
    stucar17, Buster_Danis, Dybo and 9 others like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Actually everything went well, I was only faster over a lap than two others but managed to keep it on the black stuff with just a couple of minor wiggles costing me about 3 seconds, had a good clean race and held on to the end.
  5. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Massive thanks to @apex2691 for organising, all the handicap calcs and everyone who's been testing.
    What a race!
    Maybe I shouldn't have done those 2 donuts on pit straight, would have made it even closer!
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Dybo, Xtr3meNZer, Apex_64 and 2 others like this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thanks @apex2691 for the awesome night of racing! 10 cars all within the same shot on the final lap was a sight to behold! Scariest moment for me tonight was overtaking @Easyprey007 who just left a cars width for me (check out video clip below) you true gentleman! Lots of great battles too with @Vik Chan who was just too good performing the overtake on the penultimate lap before pulling away. Well done on the win mate! Thanks @Xtr3meNZer for hosting and the 12 lap bonus race afterwards also, which was a lot of fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Shame i couldn't get the Betta car next to that TeamVodafone machine! Bit disappointed to drive what felt like 28 qualifying laps only to be denied the chance to battle with the huge train that formed. Oh well, it is what it is. I streamed the whole race on my YT channel if anyone's interested
    Buster_Danis, Dybo, DeanK and 5 others like this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Two more laps and you'd have been in the thick of it!
  9. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Yes thank you very much Apex for organizing this awesome event and thanks to all who turned up and made the event possible. I really did not expect to win with such a stacked field of top drivers but i think i was fortunate to not get caught up in too much traffic which certainly helped a lot. I pitted on lap 9 then 18 both times was cause I caught up to the traffic and i wanted to limit the fighting for position till the last stint. Was a great race and had some good battles with Ursine in the last few laps. Thanks again to all for the clean racing and hope to see y’all at the next Bathurst races lol
    gtkingx, Buster_Danis, Dybo and 5 others like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    What an excellent night of racing. After watching the great race all day, then finally getting the children into bed I was so ready to hit some laps. Finally got down to the practice and I was feeling good, hitting my target of low 01's to mid 00's.

Kicked off the race without issue, catching @incey after a couple of laps around the mountain. From there it was pretty quiet as I expected, just put my head down and hit my mark. Lap 10 I took my first pit, lap 20 my next. Was thinking about running another stint without changing tyres, but thought that would be a bit too risky. Had some very close laps in the 2nd stint, some very nice clean racing.

Last stint out, and everyone was starting to form that train and some VERY close racing followed. I sat right on Pats bumper for a good few laps, watching @NAACS, @Vik Chan and @UrsineSaturn9 closing the gap and catching. Unfortunately on lap 27 I was right behind @pat65, he made a slight error and touched the wall, which of course basically stopped his car for a moment (Thanks GT Sports for your awesome physics...) which unfortunately turned me around, loosing a few places from there, on the 2nd to last lap... ugh. But carried on, and just held on to get home with a few litres of fuel left.

2nd race was a bit of fun - 12 lap "safety car formation" rolling start with one pit stop, based on previous results. Had some guys from the 2nd room jump in, making it a full 16 car grid. Was very enjoyable, and I went up a few positions in that race.

Well done to everyone involved, this was a great finish to a great day of motorsports. Special mention to @apex2691 for organising (Yes to 90 mins next year haha). Well done to @Vik Chan and to @emmo46 for their respective wins, well fought.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    And thanks to Eccles and Xtr3meNZer for hosting. :thumbsup:
  12. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Apex_64 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    :inlove::inlove::inlove:
    Second race got a bit mental too with the bunched up field!
    [​IMG]
    Ozglenn, Apex_64, Vik Chan and 5 others like this.
  14. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    thanks Apex for all your efforts in organizing this event
    for me maybe 1 to many beers through the day lol... started off good then snowed balled from 1 slight touch of the grass and me trying to get back on track in a hurry actually costing me big time then just mistake after mistake not major ones but enough to drop right back out of any hope still had a good time well done to the podium and everyone else on track was a good race
    thank you
    Dybo, Apex_64, Vik Chan and 2 others like this.
  15. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    What's your channel name?
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  16. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Huge thanks to @apex2691 for organising this event! Thanks to the hosts @Xtr3meNZer & @T F Eccles & so awesome to see all of the liveries! :thumbsup:
    As for my race, well Let’s just say I’ll cherish my memories of the practice race a couple of weeks back. But that said I still had a blast!:D

Maybe next year we could look at doing it all on the Saturday (so those that want a beer or 2 on the actual Bathurst race day might be able to attend). Start It a bit earlier & add some shorter support races, with the Toyota 86 and some older Muscle cars or classics Etc. (Just a thought)
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    incey, Apex_64, GasMonkee78 and 3 others like this.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I was thinking about potentially running the Toyota race or something like that the day beforehand after seeing them go around the mount in the lead up to the main event. Maybe even relive the Godzilla days??
    Apex_64, Vik Chan, emmo46 and 2 others like this.
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21

This should save you the hassle lol
    Dybo, Buster_Danis, DeanK and 3 others like this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Room 2 results
    [​IMG]
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Have a video of the last two laps of race 2 but Imgur won't upload as it is 407 MB and they only allow 200MB. What is a better way to get it on to here?