GT-Sport THROWBACK THURSDAY Series. GTS Seasons 1-10

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 21, 2020.

1. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'm 99% sure I'll be there tonight, have a bbq to go to but I should be home in time
    Peersy and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  2. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'm home! 20:30 race, we're doing it wet yeah? :sneaky:
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yeah... NAH!!!
  4. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’ll miss this race
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Enjoyable night for the first two races last night! I made myself up to 5th in the last race! all to have it ripped away from me right at the beginning of the race by someone knocking @emmo46 causing him to slide sideways, right in front of me, where I hit him with full force, causing both of us effectively out of the race - all within the first 30 seconds. So thanks a lot. I should have just quit there and then, cut my losses and go to bed (remembering this is pushing midnight my time).

Ended up having a few good laps chasing @Aza2672 down, but my motivation levels to keep pushing left and just finished the race to finish the race.

bleh, hate negative reviews of a race. Might see some of you on tonight for the S13 practice room I will have up.

EDIT: I realise I was slow coming up through the first part there (rouge?) due to being side by side with @gtkingx at the entry and I think we both eased off to let the other through, which caused a wee bit of a slow down, but realising this, I kept to the right hand side to keep out of the way of the train as it came through. The incident which caused emmo to come off and take me out was done on the left hand side of the track.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Max Gassit likes this.
  6. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Yep, I was super fortunate to drive into the back of that unfortunate S fight and made contact with the yellow car just after it's backend started sliding. After race 1 and 2 I started a couple from last but was hoping to make some good progress, I had a really good start and would've easily made up some positions on the first straight but that all ended on that chicane. Eventhough I did nothing wrong and the yellow car had already started sliding which most likely would've ended up crashing anyway, no-one could say for certain it was going to crash, but because it crashed after my small contact from behind ROOZ rules clearly state what constitutes a re-dress. So I had no other choice but to pull over and wait whilst watching everyone else disappear. Once I got going I was approx 15secs behind you and AB. I got within 1.5secs then lost traction and spun and went back to being 16secs behind you and AB. I tried hard to catch back up but ran out of time. I did try to get fastest lap and was successful for a large portion of R3 but the proper fast guys showed why they're at the top so I had to watch my FL disappear too. I do enjoy racing with all you better drivers in the handicap format because it helps me to improve and learn more but I'll enjoy racing with drivers closer to my racing ability on Sundays again.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    For my part I was behind Hat going into Aeu Rouge and when I got to the top there was a huge group of cars all bunched up. Hat was baulked and slowed in front of me and I eased off and swung left to try and avoid him but there was a slight touch. I was sliding a bit after that but I was getting that under control when I was hit from behind. All very disappointing but a lot of factors involved.
    It appears the RS01 at Barcelona is next weeks combo. Absolutely hate both so I am out.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    It's a shame, as when driving in ACC - this kind of thing doesn't generally happen, as that kind of damage that is caused by these incidences would ruin both of their races (due to having to go to pits and a large amount of time for repairs). Due to this, people generally tend to drive a lot more careful. As Vardz was saying last night, I try to drive it like it's a real car, like if I hit someone that would be my race out. I'd rather take my foot off and slow right up, than hit someone, even unintentionally. Hence why when going Rouge there with GT king next to me, I know he's faster, and was going to let him through. In hindsight, I should have said I was going to slow down a bit so we both didn't do the same thing, I wasn't expecting you to let me through @gtkingx lol.

It's done, it's finished - race over. Time to move on.
  9. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I purchased ACC for that reason but I'm still yet to figure out how to reduce/remove the massive dead spot in my steering. I've copied the settings from the ACC ROOZ group but I still have a massive deadzone when steering. I haven't been able to do the first achievement of 4 clean laps solo so there's no way I'm taking it online.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Unsure how to help you there. It definitely feels alot different to GT Sports. There is a deadspot in mine also... just something to deal with at the moment.
  11. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    I watch nearly all incident replays, whether I'm involved or not and it always amuses me with many of the comments and reactions at the time. Very rarely is it 100% fault to one driver. It takes two to tango. There are things that can be done to minimise the risk unfolding. So many disappointments would be eliminated if awareness and anticipation was present.
    eg: you drive thru a tunnel every day on the way to work but one day the tunnels lights are out. Do you drive thru it the same way...?... Only if you are a dik.....
    Vik Chan likes this.
  12. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    haha it was that "who blinks first" scenario and we both ended up blinking at the same time :D
    Vik Chan and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  13. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Re my incident comment. There was a race at Bathurst recently, lap 1,coming up thru the cutting there was a trio of cars jostling for position, things got a bit untidy and bugger me the following 2 cars, with plenty of space to see a likely crash up ahead kept it full throttle to very quickly make it an almost 5 car pile up. The end result was inevitable. It was suicidal to not make an attempt to to ease off the throttle. What was initially a couple of cars losing a few tenths ended up with 5 cars losing 5 to 10 seconds each.
  14. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Then again at a recent Bathurst race there was an accident in front of me(at the same place you describe, not sure if it's the same incident) and I kept it full throttle and managed to squeeze through without incident. I lost no time, if I'd slowed I would have lost a lot.
  15. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Do we have the details for tomorrow night?
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FINAL ROUND ROUND LADS AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT MAY TAKE A "HORRIBLE ACCIDENT AT FORREST ELBOW".... TO DETHRONE YOUNG RISKY FROM THE TITLE.... MAY JUST DEPEND HOW DEEP URSINES POCKETS ARE....
    tHAT A READ OF THE QUALLY REGS, SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT...I WILL POST A MOMENT BEFORE THE RESET THE ORDER OF THE DRIVER TO GO OUT ON TRACK IN THE ROOM WRITTEN CHAT... PLEASE LIKE TO CONFIRM YOUR ENTRY AS ALAWAYS AND SEE YA TOMORROW TONIGHT​
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    :sneaky: YES....:whistling:
    Xtr3meNZer and Peersy like this.
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Hahahaha the mirrors will be watched when you're around don't worry :inlove:
    UrsineSaturn9 and Peersy like this.
  19. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Yeehaw!!!
    Looking forward to the big event!
    Let's get the big dog barking
  20. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I won't be racing tomorrow night - going away for the weekend.
    Enjoy the final round fellas