ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Round 4 Super Sprint Zolder!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Oct 22, 2020.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 4 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt

Round 4 - SUPER SPRINT - ZOLDER 2019
    [​IMG]
    26th October 2020 at 8:15pm
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid causing or suffering excessive join lag.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES
    • New qualifying format! - After feedback from drivers in recent weeks we've decided to change the qualifying format:
      • Qualifying sessions will now be 20 minutes long and split into two 10 minute segments.
      • Segment 1 is exclusively for GT4's.
      • Segment 2 is exclusively for GT3's.
      • All following sessions will start 5 minutes later to accommodate this change.
    Drivers who's qualifying segment is not active MUST NOT exit the pits during that time. GT3 drivers may only cross the pit exit line when the time remaining ticks down to 10 minutes or less. At this point GT4 drivers can complete the lap they are on but then MUST move off track and immediately teleport back to pits. GT4 drivers who start a lap after the 10 minutes remaining mark, and GT3 drivers who cross the pit exit line before the 10 minutes remaining mark will be subject to the following penalties:​
      • 1st offence: driver will be teleported back to pits and warned (momentary DSQ).
      • 2nd offence: driver will be disqualified from the qualifying session.
      • 3rd offence: driver will be disqualified from the entire round (including any previous race).
    NOTE: GT3 drivers on their first outlap must take extra care not to impede GT4 drivers on their final flying lap. Penalties may apply.​
    • Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
      • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
      • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
      • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
      • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
      • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
      • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
      • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the Rooz Etiquette guide and Rules & Regs linked below before the start of Round 1.
    • Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)
    MULTICLASS BRIEFING NOTES
    • Feedback from previous rounds has been very positive overall but has highlighted a few important things. We accept that GT3's will aggressively pass GT4's at times - multiclass is challenging for both classes - however there is a limit to what is acceptable.

No matter how difficult it seems for GT3 drivers it is unquestionably more difficult for GT4's. Let us be clear here - GT3 cars have no superior 'rank' to GT4 cars. Blue flag rules apply only because of the speed differential. GT4's have the same 'rights' to the track as GT3's and must not be hustled out of the way. Even a very aware GT4 driver can miss spotting fast moving GT3's especially if battle packs are involved.

On the flip-side GT4's must make sure their movements are predictable when GT3's are in their vicinity. They should also make good use of their mirrors, the realtime display, the trackmap, the radar, the spotter and glancing to ensure awareness (the Crew Chief app is also excellent).

We do understand that incidents will occasionally occur however it is the careless or repetitive incidents that are unacceptable and will incur warnings or penalties.

So in summary:
      • GT4's do not have to come off the racing line to let a GT3 through. It is up to the GT3 to find a CLEAN way to pass (hint - straights are best).
      • GT4's have to brake for corners earlier than GT3's but this is not an invitation TO DIVE BOMB TO THE APEX forcing the GT4 to delay their turn in. Please use care and respect.
      • GT4's may choose to give way to a GT3 early but must be clear in conveying that intention (eg. move off the racing line well before a corner).
      • GT4's must also use care and respect when GT3 drivers are trying to pass
      • All drivers are encouraged to report other drivers who repeatedly flout these rules and guidelines. A report does not need to be a protest and can be done via direct message to an admin on the forum or Discord.

RACE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE SERVER S4 Rnd4 2 x 30min of Zolder [No Pit Req.] [FP 8:15pm] [Q1 9:00pm] [R1 9:20pm]"
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:45pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but race sessions are locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz"
    • PASSWORD: season4

PRACTICE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 02 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] Mon League [S4 Round 4] Closed Practice"
    • The practice server is available now and will stop at approximately 7:45pm AEDT on Monday night when it becomes the race server.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server.
    • PASSWORD: season4

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SUPER SPRINT:
    • Super Sprint format of 2 x 30 min races.
    • 2 x 20 min qualifying sessions - 1 for each race.
    • Each qualifying session is split into two 10 minute segments.
    • Segment 1 is exclusively for GT4's.
    • Segment 2 is exclusively for GT3's.
    • No Mandatory pitstops.
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start. Even just slightly speeding as the lights go green can result in a stop/go penalty.
    • Server time scale multiplier is set at 2x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Friday 11am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying 1, 20 mins (in game Saturday 9am) - OPEN for joining
      • Race 1, 30 mins (in game Saturday 11am) - LOCKED no joining
      • Practice/break, 5 mins (in game Sunday 11am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying 2, 20 mins (in game Sunday 3pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race 2, 30 mins (in game Sunday 5pm) - LOCKED no joining
    • Weather is set to an average of 24 degrees with a low chance of rain across all sessions so expect some variation.

CAR CHOICE
    Season 4 is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 4. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 4 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the S4 server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2020
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  3. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

Just want to confirm that's an 11pm for race one and not a typo?
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

good catch mate - yes that is a typo and meant to be 11am.
    staffy0707 likes this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    krunch likes this.
  6. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Zolder is in Belgium, not the Netherlands...as far as I know :)
    krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Shhhhhhh!!!!!
    krunch and killagorilla like this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

well spotted! This has now been corrected - if it doesn't change for you, please press CTRL+F5 to refresh your cache.
    killagorilla and krunch like this.
  9. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Yep well done @killagorilla you get a bonus point* for winning our secret geography quiz that we hid within the season! Congratulations!

*this is a lie
  10. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Cheers for the bonus point...it doesn't compensate for my lack of driving skills, but I'm grateful for any help I can get ;)
    Yeah, seriously, didn't want to cause you any additional work here :)
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

It's no bother mate, and really we appreciate any help we can get from anywhere it comes. Checking our work and the communication to all of you is so important but also very time consuming - we rarely have enough time to do everything so when someone finds a bug or a mistake for us, we are really grateful! Fixing it is easy, finding it is hard!
  12. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Has anyone here actually ever been to Zolder? I mean, I can't personally verify if it's in Belgium or if it's even a real place!
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  13. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

woohooo! P10!!
    that was a lot of fun for me! race 1 i was battling with Dan until I bottled it and tapped his rear, sorry again dan.
    race 2 was fantastic, I tried my best to keep it clean, hadn't made any mistakes till i got rear ended by a lapped car while battling for P8.
    But i can settle for p10 :D :D :D Defended like i've never done before
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  14. Dan Medved

Dan Medved Rookie

Hey no worries mate. Appreciate ya saying sorry too :) Congrats on P10!
  15. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Getting a little tired of the first lap chaos. I'd really like it if people were a little more cautious, at least in that first lap. Also if you're in a pack you need to brake just a little bit earlier than usual to compensate for the concertina effect when everyone is bunched up. Just for once I'd love to have a clean race....
  16. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Well, picked my qualy setup for race 1 and that meant I ran out of fuel. Refueling didn't work so I had 20min time to be frustrated and very angry at myself...great. Apologies to (I think it was) Thomas Robertshaw for the nudge at the chicane race two lap one...yeah this Lexus spun and went of track...sh!t. I slowed down wanting to redress, but that caused additional trouble because of all the GT4's coming from behind. So I thought it's better to speed up and get out of the way...was all pretty average tonight.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

My qually was no good, qualifying near the back of the grid. I couldn't get any heat or pressure into the slicks and in hindsight should have gone with wets.

In the wet race, I managed to weave my way through the opening lap carnage without incident and then stuck it out on wets for the whole race, rather than burn time changing tyres. They ended up very hot and overinflated (140 degrees), but still fairly driveable. I lost a couple of spots late to guys who probably had changed to slicks, but I reckon I would have finished further back if I had pitted.

Race 2 was more fun, although I got turned around by Steve DS on the last lap in one of those "is he far up the inside enough" moments at the annoying esses/chicane. There's never going to be room to pass there without sending someone off the track.
    krunch likes this.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate - from my perspective I was right on your tail and you braked early there so avoiding contact put me on the inside, I had it very tidily on the apex curb and basically stopped, and you didn't use the room on the outside and turned into me :(:(:( - that's why I didn't redress. But please put a protest in with one of the other admins if you'd like them to take a look! Happy to pay the penalty if deemed to be my fault and no hard feelings here either way.
    krunch likes this.
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

No need for a protest. It's a 50/50 call that could just as easily be seen as me turning into you, as you say. It was just disappointing to lose a valuable position on the last lap.
  20. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

one thing that annoys me with sim racing is you have to be the f#$%ing engineer, the pit crew and hold your own umbrella wearing a mini skirt on the grid, I just want to drive.
    my tyre pressures, tyre selection and every other adjustable component on the car was way off most of the night.