PlayStation PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by fezza, Sep 17, 2020.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    They'll still come, Microsoft would be apocalyptically stupid to lock out the largest console user base by not offering them to PS5 owners. Could be timed exclusives, but I can't see them totally excluding PS5 owners.
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Few videos I have watched today and xboxes press releases say that they have to keep current deals in place but after thoes few games then Xbox and pc mostly exclusive with some games by a case to case basis. At 7.5 billion dollars I see this as a move to try and take the aAA rated games and move the majority of people over to their platform....which just might work because I don’t like the look of the ps5 line up so far. And i have never had an Xbox but I’m glad i didn’t pre order the ps5
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    PC is calling you Paul
    PaulCox likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    surely they wouldn't cull 75 % of bethesdas customers
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    It really wouldn't be 75% though Incey, there's gotta be a lot of PS players who also own either a PC or Xbox. If they like Bethesda games they will buy on other platforms. I think it's a bold move by MS, the first round of PS games will include Bethesda games but after contracts in place are fulfilled I think you'll find that PS will be missing out.
  6. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Not quite 75%, but as high as 50%. If you look at Skyrim as an example, well over 80% of sales were on console, and considering that PS outsold XB by about 2:1 over the last two gens, you can extrapolate that almost 50% of Skyrim sales were for a PS console.
    MS would be silly to exclude PS gamers...they will make more money by keeping them in the loop than trying to force them to buy MS hardware.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well that's the thing, it isn't just MS hardware if it's PC as well. Xbox Gamepass is the best deal in gaming imo (at least on PC) $10pm and you get the MS library plus a lot of third party and EA access. That's worth so much more to me than the two games you got a month on PS Plus.

Also regarding sales, sure console sold more but the results are skewed because console owners had to repurchase the updated Skyrim game on current gen whereas PC owners were given free upgrades.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think you might find there will be a lot of X-platform stuff start to happen... Businesses want to expand and are forming partnerships to make that happen. Its already happening with some titles, so with new consoles i think it will happen more and more.
    leeboy910 likes this.
  9. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Yep I got the Disc version from JB at 9:15 Thursday :thumbsup:
    :mad: Now just need a game I want to play :confused:
    Maybe GT7 :)
  10. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Imagine if Sony had purchased Take Two a couple of years ago...
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    It’s not strictly Bethesda so to speak as they owned 13 other game making companies themselves
  12. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    I here ya mate. Getting my car quarter mile ready is hurting the pocket at the moment lol
    beakeroo likes this.
  13. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Brief Review
    Got mine delivered today. all setup and its a bulky unit. Much bigger than the other PS consoles.

Setup was easy with a smooth transition from PS4. I copied all my data onto a hard drive first but thats not needed. If the PS5 and PS4 are connected to the same WIFI you can transfer data across. The controller feels really good to use, it is heavier than the PS4. The cursor moves through the menus quicker.

I had a quick run in ACC. I'm really impressed. G29 worked perfectly and I reckon the FFB is slightly better. I had a run earlier on the PS4 and it definitely felt better on PS5.

As for the image....awesome!
    I'm having another go at ACC now
  14. jamie_t

jamie_t Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    jamie-tc
    I tried to get one of the Dec pre-orders through JB today but it kept throwing errors in the checkout and then it just emptied the cart and that was that.

Do you know yet JJ how crossplay will go for ACC? I.e. can you still race against us on your PS5 while we're on PS4? I tried to research this but the most I could find was it's game developer specific...
  15. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Can confirm PS4 & PS5 can use the same server. But it was a high ping server so I can't confirm if there are issues with compatibility once in the server.
    Can also confirm I did not go any quicker on the PS5 lol its just looks, feel and sounds better!
    incey likes this.
  16. jamie_t

jamie_t Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    jamie-tc
    Thanks! Good news all round then haha
  17. AJS-000

AJS-000 New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    AJS-000

hopefully this works. my vid from yesterday. still learning how to record and such properly on PS5
    stucar17 and incey like this.
  18. AJS-000

AJS-000 New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    AJS-000
    So it was just the Merc making you go fast then? o_O
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The PS5 is a brilliant bit of kit. It's very smart and intuitive, feels really premium and is a decent jump from the PS4.
    The controller is the show stopper. So difficult to explain the haptic feedback (and the adaptive triggers for that matter), but the best way I can think of is to describe it as "intelligent vibration". Instead of just vibrating like a DS4 or whatever, the vibration is tuned and has different wavelengths and amplitudes.
    The triggers feel very solid too. I was concerned they may be fragile, but not at all. Looking forward to exploring the controller with some more games.

Astro's Playroom is such a cool little game. When I say little, it's not exactly short or anything, it's got a heap of content in it and should keep you entertained for several hours in terms of a playthrough. The nostalgia is off the chain!! I've lost count of the little tributes to previous Playstation characters, games, systems, accessories etc. Brings back some crazy good memories and really is a terrific guide to show you the new Dual Sense controller and "show off" a bit with their new tech.

The UI is smooth, snappy and looks great. The cards system is schmick and really helps you keep track of where you left off a game, or how far through you are and that sort of thing. I think there will be some updates coming thick and fast to add or enable new features. It doesn't feel unfinished or anything, but like it has been designed to be added on to.

The console itself isn't as big as I thought it was going to be, but still the largest I've seen! Doesn't feel massively heavy or bulky, but it does demand your attention. It looks and feels premium though, with no squeaks, rattles or "cheap" sounding noises. It is whisper quiet until the disc drive fires up, but even that fades into the background of ambient noise.
    With the stand on, it feels very stable in the vertical position and has a reasonably slim profile when sitting next to a TV.

Not much else to report as yet. I'm going to plug my wheel into it tonight to make sure it all works (which I'm 100% confident it will). Have heard mixed reviews about GT Sport and some people reporting issues, so will check that out.
    For those lucky enough to have a PS5 already, I'm sure you'll agree that it is a proper next-generation feel.
    For those still waiting, hopefully this little review gives you a bit more insight. I've always been a Playstation user, but far from being a fanboi. I have always respected the XB and MS for driving the console makers to improve, and they've both done it with this new generation.

Sony got the tagline right, "Play has no limits!!"
  20. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    100% agree with everything lee has said.