PlayStation PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by fezza, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Fantastic review mate, well done
    leeboy910 likes this.
  2. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I Have to agree with Leeboy
    Astro's Playroom was heaps of fun I could not go to bed until I finished it, on PS4 its in VR so its not quite the same. I have played Dirt 5 witch runs Really fast and looks pretty good too, just trying out GT sport now but there a bloody update but it looks HEAPS better very slick I will try and have a run tonight online to see if it works ok.... i will keep you informed.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    please keep these stories coming, i am insanely jealous but can't look away
    Easyprey007 and stucar17 like this.
  4. AJS-000

AJS-000 New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    AJS-000
    Better words than I could ever say about it.
  5. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Majority of the menus and changing settings is easier. Just need to get your head around where things are and the different layout. The broadcast and recording functions are a lot easier to use.

One thing to get used to is that on PS4 you hold down the PS to get to the home page and then access messenger etc. On PS5 you press PS button once to get a sub menu that gives you access to messenger, friends list and to turn the console off. It’s better and easy to use but it’s just something that’s different
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Still the same stupid party chat I suppose?
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I’ve found it hard to figure out what is happening there. I haven’t bothered looking into it.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm liking the global game settings. Essentially you choose your control options, difficulty etc via the console, so when you go in game, everything is already done. I always invert my y-axis and not having to do it with every new game is awesome!
  9. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I tried to get one the other day through JB also but had the same problem, errors in the checkout.

I was intending to just get the digital version as I never use the disk drive(except for my current games on disk) so having read these reviews it suddenly occurred to me, can i use GT Sport from PS4 on PS5 without a disk drive if I rely on the disk for PS4? I'm guessing the answer is no and I'll have to get the PS5 with a drive.

p.s I put in a complaint to JB about the way their site handled the release and have been put on a priority list so I should get one in the next batch (hint for others who want to secure one)
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    nice work Karen
    gtkingx and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Was their a problem with it on ps4? Seemed to work well when I was in with other people
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    It "was" fine, but after the last update you can't see or join party chats without being added to a "Group" PITA
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    When you say slick is that as it starts quicker? Because as per gtplanets full test on gt sport It still runs at 60fps as per ps4 pro so at this stage theres no difference to my current ps4 pro and 4k tv in regards to graphics at all.
    I will save my money until gt7.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/gtsport-on-ps5-20201113/
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    PS5 is awesome and the controller is a standout.
    The best thing has been the seamless transition from ps4 to ps5, I remember when i got the ps4 it took me ages to fully transfer over from the ps3 since we couldn't play games like GT6 & GTA 5 that were only on the ps3 - as well as my friends not having the ps4 yet. But ps5 lets you play ps4 games even with friends on the past generation of console.
    Definitely a noticeable difference going from ps4 to ps5 when playing ps4 games.
  15. AJS-000

AJS-000 New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    AJS-000
    Thats why I got the Disc drive one. For my ACC Disc.
    I heard about the mess that was JB. It really shouldnt have been letting people pay for stock that wasn't there or expected for months.
    gtkingx likes this.
  16. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I had my own problems with JB too... Eb games didn't have stock for CoD or DiRT 5 so went across to jb - they had both but gave me the dirt 5 case without a disc! o_O Gotta drive an hour(nearest one, dont have a jb hifi in my area) after work today to get a disc
  17. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I don't think Gt sport runs any faster but I think the graphics look smoother and better, Dirt 5 graphics look great but its not the same type of graphics more cartoon like, but when you get a top car the game is really fast, so if GT7 goes that fast then it will be a must have game. I have to agree with Kieran the controller is something else you have to try it .
  18. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Hello
    Did u buy a new screen as tge tests indicate the ps4 pro plays GTS exactly same as ps5
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    The videos do look nice, may be a confirmation bias thing with the users though eh? when i went to 4k and switched the pspro to hdr it was amazing. maybe these guys are seing ps5 work the magic on their tvs where we've seen similar with pspro plus 4k. it would be interesting to know if there is a difference between ps4 pro+4k vs ps5 and 4k
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll tell you on the 8th:D
    incey and NAACS like this.