PS4 ACC GT4 Sprint Series

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Nov 11, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Holy Moses!
    incey likes this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    micro machines view version
    garyw61, Vik Chan and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  3. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Just luck
    Give me some of that
    Vik Chan likes this.
  4. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi Lads,
    I have had a look at a few replays from Tuesday night.....well it was entertaining to say the least. These GT4s are awesome to drive and give great racing. They are more forgiving, need less tuning and I think they even the field out a lot more. However, the driving standard was not at the standard expected of Rooz. I just want to reiterate what Stu posted after Round 1...

What i would say to everyone, is that it appeared that drivers were taking a 'race' line in traffic, with not a lot of awareness of who or what was going on around them. So from that race please lets re-enforce the following.
    - If there is an incident, redress if you feel you have caused it !
    - Make sure you stay in your 'lane' until the grid shakes out in the first few corners
    - Make sure you have your proximity indicators ON
    - If something does happen, dont whinge and moan about it, if you feel you have been hard done by then protest !
    - FINALLY, if you feel you want driving standards to be looked at, then do it the right way through the stewards group and the processes we have in place to deal with it.

Incidents will occur, we aren't racing hard enough if there are no incidents, but when it starts affecting peoples enjoyment of racing or their ratings take a hit then something needs to be done about it. If people have issue with the driving standard then protests need to be sent to the stewards so that people can be held accountable. The standard you walk past (drive i mean) is the standard you accept

We do have the option of setting a minimum SC & RC rating on the server. Im not keen on doing this as we want to keep this league as inclusive as possible while people are still heavily involved in GTS and PCars. This will be looked at before next season.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well Said Penguin....
    Guys, the only other option with this is to have people penalised for rough driving / causing accidents, if seen by the stewards group or room captains, even if there is no protest. It would be a time consuming option, so please try to do the right thing and hold all drivers, yourself included, to the highest standards.

People MUST be held accountable if their driving is found to be not up to scratch. Cause an accident and drivers might be cranky, but at least you have their respect for doing the wrong thing and redressing it. Punt someone off into row 7 of the grand stand and drive off, its pretty tough to justify spending 5 or 6 hours a week practicing, to have that driver steer off into the distance while you hobble back to the pit lane with your tailpipe shoved up your clacker !

Cheers
    Stu
  6. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

can we change cars??
    i'll stick with the cayman if needs be but i hated it, i'm not even sure it's actually a porsche
    incey likes this.
  7. JJ_Penguin

I will allow it. There’s nothing in the regs to say you can’t
  8. JJ_Penguin

GT4 Sprint Series - Round 2 - Kyalami - 01/12/20

[​IMG]

Server will open at 8pm ADST
    Server 1 - Rooz ACC GT4 PRO Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: JJ_Penguin
    Server 2 - Rooz ACC GT4 AM Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: TBA

Event Schedule
    Room open 8:00pm ADST
    Prac 10min (to allow time to join the server)
    3x Qual 5min
    3x Race 15min

Weather

[​IMG]
    Chance of some rain in Kyalami

Turn 2 - 4 Lap 1
    This is always a hot spot and care is needed going into Turn 2 - 4, we know what happened in the GT3 Series!!!. If cars are side by side coming out of Turn 1 then space needs to be given as the entry to Turn 2 is very narrow for car that was on the outside of Turn 2.

Track Limits
    There are a couple of critical points that may catch people out. Exits of Crowthorne, Sunset, Esses, The Crocodiles and Ingwe need to be wary of track limits. Particular care needs to be taken for the sausage kerb at Cheetah!

Replays & Protests
    Drivers must assign a button for 'Save Replay'. The game only records 3 - 4 mins. If you are involved in an incident, saving the replay will be critical for any protests. Press the Save Replay Button 30 - 40 secs after the incident to ensure the moment is recorded.

Party Chat

Party Chat will be setup for both Servers. I suggest joining the chat for practice, then you can choose to leave or start your own, that is up to you. But try to join the server chat at the end of the race. Personally, I prefer to have chat off during races.

Cheers
    Penguin (")>
    Bounty05 likes this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    JJ_Penguin and dj2ca like this.
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Start of R2 last night. So much fun. Wish I had captured last lap of R1 where I was sandwiched between Ty and JJ. Awesome battle.

Adam Parsons, Vik Chan, incey and 3 others like this.
  11. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    End of R2 last night. These cars are good fun for sure. I just found that the PS saves up to an hour of gameplay on any game which you can set in the share settings, then quickly save whenever by pressing the share button then square. Very handy for these sprint races :thumbsup:

12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Awesome fun. I had white knuckles just watching that replay.
    garyw61 and Vik Chan like this.
  13. JJ_Penguin

That was awesome fun last night. Those cars are a lot of fun to drive. I’ve got some good ideas for what we can do for GT4 seasons next year. Well done everyone that was a great night
    garyw61, Adam Parsons and Vik Chan like this.
  14. JJ_Penguin

GT4 Sprint Series - Round 3 - Brands Hatch - 15/12/20

[​IMG]

Server will open at 8pm ADST
    Server 1 - Rooz ACC GT4 PRO Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: JJ_Penguin
    Server 2 - Rooz ACC GT4 AM Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: TBA

Event Schedule
    Room open 8:00pm ADST
    Prac 10min (to allow time to join the server)
    3x Qual 5min
    3x Race 15min

Turn 1 - 4 Lap 1
    This is always a hot spot and care is needed going into Turn 1 - 4, especially going up the hill to the Hairpin. Remember to give space and stay in your lane.

Track Limits
    This is usually an issue here. If your cut a corner or run wide your on the grass or into the sand trap.

Replays & Protests
    Drivers must assign a button for 'Save Replay'. The game only records 3 - 4 mins. If you are involved in an incident, saving the replay will be critical for any protests. Press the Save Replay Button 30 - 40 secs after the incident to ensure the moment is recorded.

Party Chat

Party Chat will be setup for both Servers. I suggest joining the chat for practice, then you can choose to leave or start your own, that is up to you. But try to join the server chat at the end of the race. Personally, I prefer to have chat off during races.

Cheers
    Penguin (")>
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'm guessing you mean 22/12/20? o_O
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  16. JJ_Penguin

Cheers
    actually I meant 15/12 as in today
  17. JJ_Penguin

garyw61, Adam Parsons and jamie_t like this.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    forgot all about the gt4s, doh
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    JJ_Penguin and nigegunz like this.
  19. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Don't stress mate, I would rather be slightly pushed by yourself at the front end than being punted racing in the back of the field, it was the slightest touch but enough for me to over shoot, it might also be that we had different braking points as well mate.
    Enjoy your xmas break, thanks heaps for what you have managed to do with Acc and the new experiences we get in online racing, its definitely a step up from PC2 or me and while it has been a new learning curve as well with the fanatec wheel upgrade I feel like it is slowly coming together.
    so pretty happy to keep chipping away and maybe one day I might be able to compete at a higher level again.
    Thanks JJ
    garyw61, Vik Chan and nigegunz like this.
  20. JJ_Penguin

yeh it's a bit hard to get motivated for it when the main series has finished