Season 13 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 6, 2020.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Better race from me. Didnt qualify well again, back in 7th after I used 7 PTP on my first flyer with a PB, it wasnt going to get any better...
    Start was even worse than quali, got held up by a couple of people and got swamped, and then with a bit of brain fade I then tapped River trying to make up lost ground......back to last...
    Got past River after his little wobble 1st lap and then got my head stuck down and did 2.07 to 2.08 for the rest of the race apart from my stop, it was good enough to give me 4th after a few guys mistakes.
    Congrats Brett on another win, Slambo for 2nd and DS for 3rd
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also wanted to apologise for losing my :):):):) last Sunday.... Not normally something i do :thumbsdown:

Qualied well, was a good lap, and was looking forward to a good result.... Went downhill from there, needless to say ill be disabling my messages for race time, and should be locking the door to the man cave for future races...

I parked up in the pits, and with the red mist forgot that putting on fox to watch the GP bikes it would kick me from the room... Apologies if i messed anyone when it kicked me from the room.... My punishment has been a bad back ever since, so karma is a :):):):):), but probably deserved ....
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some cracking racing on sunday guys... Was good fun, amazing what a week can do for you!

Qualied 5th with a reasonable lap, perhaps a tenth left in it, but was pretty happy lining up 5th and only .5 off pole...
    Got a good start and managed to get through lap 1 cleanly which was good, had missile up my clacker on lap 2 and nearly threw it all away going through 9/10, but managed to hold on to it, and get into a bit of a groove...

By lap 6 i had AO behind me, and he was going well, while the 3 or 4 in front slowly pulled away.... too fast for me...

Pitted end of lap 12, and came out behind Slambo.... With fresh fronts was able to make a pass, and slowly gap him...Ill be taking a photo of that and putting it up on the wall ! At that stage i was closing in on Brett i think and he had a spin coming up the hill at the exit of 12, and then had about 7 laps of chasing down TT..... By lap 26 i was on his tail, tried a PTP on teh front straight and he defended, so no luck... Then on the last lap i did the same, but positioned so he had to run a narrow line into 2, and then i used PTP on the exit of 3, for a pass into turn 5.... Used PTP again on the run up the hill and managed to get a second on him, with a couple or kers left for the front straight to get home.... Was a good race, congrats to Down shift on the win, great speed mate... too fast but a GRT 1-2 was a good result !

On to SPA for the wet race.... Should be a cracker, the car goes great round there.
    Stu
    Ian sainty, dj2ca, brettwant7 and 6 others like this.
  6. Anthonyb

7. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Can't make it tonight guys. Have fun
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Man, what a race !
    Qualied 6th, no where near the front running pace in the wet... Add to that i forgot to put it in gear on the grid, so by turn 1 was back to 9th i think..... By the end of Kemmel straight was back up to 7th before a couple more guys fell off the road....

Had a bit of a battle with AOC, who on lap 3 got past using a Kers push out of Eau Rouge, so decided not to fight as we were keeping pace with the front runners just 2 or 3 seconds up the road.... Somehow ended up with Slambo and AOC fighting just ahead, so decided to take a punt on a pit stop at the end of lap 6, along with AOC who i followed into the lane which proved the right call, ..... Had a great outlap, made even better when AO spun Campus.... Up to 5th i think.... Coming up to Blanchmont saw all the front runners were also in the lane, and felt great when i drove past them all in the pit lane, with the exception of River, who managed to get out just in front....

I closed the gap, buggered if i know why it seemed to hook up in the dry, and was on for a 1-2 GRT battle till the end of the race, until River spun at the bus stop just ahead of me.... I had nowehere to go and just clipped his right rear as he went round....Spewing for him,.....

Not sure what happened behind, but here was Miss Daisy leading the race, and starting to gap Kart and the rest of the crew. By lap 10 the gap was out to 4 or 5 seconds, and slowly getting bigger... I had a couple of pucker moments on the last lap, one where i managed to get my wheel in the grass at Bruxelles, but managed to hold on for an actual win ! Nice to actually do it without someone DSC when leading !

Well done to Kart for 2nd and River for an epic comeback to 3rd... Had great pace, shame about the mistake....

Results are provisional at this stage, have a couple of protests inbound so will try to sort through them as fast as we can

Onto Indy Road for the sprint round... should be a cracker as well.
    Stu
  10. Anthonyb

11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Talk about sweat it up.... Man that track gave some close racing....

Qual i did a PB and still lined up 9th !
    Seemed to have low grip, so not sure if was a room issue, or lack of prac.... TBH the races were a blur, other than having a good battle with TB and TT in the first race to finish up 6th.... The first lap was interesting when Brent and i came together in the front straight, then i broke early after the contact and someone run up my backside when i was trying to get it all back together. After that was just a case of trying to keep it on the road...

Race 2 was all good on the start till turn 1, where my old sparring partner @Kart-No-1 got hit up the clacker and spun into me which put me last by turn 2.... After that was a case of trying to get some sort of result, and with cars speering off everywhere managed to finish 6th again !

Onto Monza where the challenge will be to get though the turn 1 chicane cleanly for 26 laps !
    Should give some great racing though if everyone drives smart ;)
  12. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well that my last race for the season. Can't log on with my tablet or phone for some reason, so here's my recap
    Sprint round...
    As usual I qualifyed bad, back in 7th. And as this season has gone, I made another great start!
    I was beside Missile in 4th. Made a move under brakes lap 1 and got past, only to have a little wobble 2nd last corner lap 2 and I was down to 7th. Then had a great battle with Slambo for the next 10 laps until his internet decided enough was enough and he lag punted me half way down the straight....Back to last...
    2nd race I had pole and was highly motivated to have a decent run. Led until lap 16 or 17 only to get TT and Slambo ( who where on my clacker from the get go ) to get past...We had a sizable lead on the rest of the field so I knew I could have another run with kers. Didnt have to, TT had a little wobble and I got past. Was sitting in 2nd then and praying to the racing gods to make Slambo disconnect again. They obviously dont like me...
    Still happy with my racing tho.

Monza
    Again started a lowly 7th, only to make up 3 positions into T1.
    Brett, TT and Downshift were ahead and Stu in behind. The top 3 were having a great battle which kept me close. Stu got past me at one point early, but I retook him the next corner.
    The battle got more intense and I found a way past Brett so I was up to 3rd. TT had a lunge at Downshift and I was up the inside just after the first chicane after their contact. I tapped Downshift coming out and redressed as I was not sure what happened. After looking at the replay I really didn't have to as he got on the throttle and was around by himself......
    This let Stu and Brett thru with me behind Down in 5th....
    After our pitstops Brett and I had a 10 lap battle for 4th, I got passed and repassed a couple of times until the 2nd chicane where I made a move around the outside and he just missed the timing by a fraction and ended up getting into the sand trap and fell behind.
    So I ended up 4th.
    Great race from Stu to take another win, and congrats to everyone who took part this season. Was one of the tightest Div 1 packs for a long time. Cant wait to have Turbo back next season|!!!
    Thanks guys
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks AO... Was a good night of racing, always is with the draft.

My night was a mix, after i completely bogged up my qual lap, putting me 6th on the grid 1.2 off my PB... As always i held my breath through the first 2 chicanes, but settled into 6th after the top half got through cleanly.

On about lap 2 (i think), River was off the road from the battle up front, so up to 5th. Decided to sit in the draft of the front guys, whose lead slipped in and out as they fought together.... AOC was staying with them, so was just a case of keeping the tyres in check.... On about lap 5 AO had a moment through Ascari, so i got past down the back straight.... He looked to use a KERS on the front straight so i let him go, and the 3 in front were still battling, so we were back with them again.... Lap 8 or 9 2 of the cars in front, plus AO had a Bru HAHA at turn 1 and i drove past, leaving TT in front about 2 sec up the road.... By lap 11 i was with him using the draft and he pitted in for his stop...... I went in on lap 13, took fresh fronts and left the pits only to see TB, Aykay and TT drive past... With TT about 5 sec up the road, i knew he hadnt taken tyres, as my in and out lap were good for pace, so i just hoped his tyres would go off....

Sure enough they did, and by the time i got past @Aykay (who let me go- thanks mate) TT was about 2 sec up the road... With about 4 laps to go was right on his tail, i still had 8 KERS left, and used one to get past when i had a run on the main straight.... Made a clean pass into the first chicane, then he must have used one on the run into the second chicane... We are side by side into Della Rogia and the disaster.... He clipped my right rear on exit and round i went... Was certain i had given enough room as i couldnt have been any further Left on the exit... Thankfully i got the clutch in quick enough, so didnt stall, but in the Melee, Down shift drove past and was now 3 sec up the road, with TT behind after he redressed.

I managed to make the gap back to Downshift, and on the last lap had 4 KERS left which i used up the straight before Ascari.... I used another on exit which gave me enough of a gap for the run to the line..... Was a great race, with some great battles right through the whole 26 laps.... Another GRT 1-2 as well.... Well done @Ian sainty and TT on the podium.... Shame we didnt have a full grid, lets see what happens for the enduro, might have to merge divs if needed.
    (also need to check time settings for enduro.... )
    Stu
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Gotta love the enduro !
    Long story short, minimal practice, qual 6th.... Decent start, @Kart-No-1 spins in front of me leaving me nowhere to go but into his side on lap 2 or 3..... Then proceed to have a 25 lap battle with @t_b_williams while the top 3 drove off into the distance !

Was a great battle Tim, i kinda didnt want to fight, as it was costing us time with kart and @jamie_t closing didnt want to turn it into a 4 way fight..... Had about 5 pit strats set, but once we got to 0 fuel in the tank, and noone had gone in, i knew it was a 1 stopper. I think i pitted on about lap 27, added 50 L of fuel and 4 fresh boots, only to watch TB drive past and be about 13 seconds up the road on exit....WTF ! Took about 10 laps to get to him, and was pretty clear he didnt take tyres, so just wanted to take my time getting a run to get the spot, without letting Kart who was about 2 seconds back.....

With about 10 to go, made the pass, let Kart and TB fight amongst themselves and managed to hold 4th till the flag.

Well done to TT on the win, Down shift and Brett for the final podium spots. Overall, had a good season, with some great racing in a car that wasnt for everyone, but was something different. A couple of wins is always a good tonic, and certainly unexpected with the drivers in this div, although have to shout out to Slambo who may have been a little distracted !

Just wanted to thank everyone who raced this season, been a long tough year for everyone for a multitude of reasons. When Bounty can get the tables finalised ill post all official results.

Of course thanks to SELBY for their sponsoring of the season.... Ill have to line up a spare night from @Anon666 so we can get the draw done, also from last season with the Ignition prize :eek::cautious:

Have a break, im hoping to squeeze a couple more seasons out of PCARS2 at least, how that looks moving forward im not really sure given there are a few moving over to ACC, but for me ill have to wait till i win lotto for a new wheel before i go down that path. Was thinking a mixed grid possibly with some GT4 cars.... have a bit of time in the next few months to come up with something ...Also spoken to @(Medomonen) Blake T who is hopeful of being able to broadcast again next year.

HOpefully catch a lot of you online over the break, might look at running lots of public rooms given PC3 was a disaster and there are still guys on PC2 looking for racing.
    Cheers Stu
  16. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Congratulations to all our PCARS drivers for yet another successful season of racing, sponsored by
    Selby Acoustics

Div 1 it was Downshift taking the championship with TT1309 in 2nd and Stu170773 in 3rd, just 16 points in it.
    Div 2 Disturboed was a 20 point winner over Sparkygod in second and Brenticles in second.
    Div 3 Tuddy was the champion from Fatmix in 2nd and Micmansour in 3rd just 3 points behind
    Div 4 saw an amazing championship fight that was determined on the last night. Andy was the champion by 1 point over new member Bertie1035, with RockyNZ in third just 15 points behind.

As always, i have to thank all our room hosts, captains and those who helped with replays and recording results. HUGE thanks to bounty for doing our point scores again, even when he wasnt racing in our series.

Thanks to AD2mny, Gazza and AYKAY for their help in the stewards group.

As the last season for what has been a crazy 2020, we must also thank our sponsors who have been great again this year.
    PAGNIAN, The Gamesmen, SELBY ACOUSTICS, IgnitiONcontrols.com, Sportility, Medomonen Racig Community

Finally, we wish all our drivers and supporters and streamers a great xmas and new year. Hopefully 2021 isnt quite as crazy, and we see you all back, new members as well, for some great racing on whatever platform you enjoy the most !
  18. Anthonyb

19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773