GT Sport Season 13 Room 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We have had a protests in 2 rooms for track limit extension and in both cases, there have been up to 19 cuts per driver.
    THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE DRIVING
    In the protest for room 2, someone took the time to look at all drivers and found that all but 1 driver (well done @Max Gassit ) had at least 1 track limit extension.
    Of course on a track like Le Mans, a mistake resulting in extension of track limits is more common than another circuit where the same mistake results in a trip making sand castles.
    Sometimes a driver will make more mistakes in a race, that is to be expected as we are all human (except maybe @KeedenMcdonald :p )
    What should happen when you track extend at a corner, is that you realise your error, and try not to repeat it again. If you are unable to avoid a repeat, your line/speed should be adjusted accordingly ie learn from your mistakes. If this does not happen then what exactly are you doing? Also, if you are making multiple extensions at various corners, you aren't really trying to drive cleanly.
    Because what we have received are screenshots, and the time taken to expertly analyse each individual track extension to determine 100% if advantage was gained or not, we cannot 100% prove that each extension is worthy of being counted towards a penalty.
    So stewards have decided to penalise those who did not learn from their mistakes.
    For everyone else, screenshotted or not, our next round is Spa. We will have a 3 strikes and out rule.
    If you track extend 3 times or more and are protested against with footage showing that you gained advantage, you will receive at minimum a 25sec penalty. This rule will remain until season end.
    Having said that, I expect that no one should be protested against for such things given that, in this car, there is no where at Spa that you should need to cut to gain advantage (as the car runs easy flat out at Eau Rouge and Blanchimont)
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    everything ok?
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP Updated with Drivers List for Round 5
    Dybo likes this.
  4. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    Yes, Scott said that he was away this coming weekend and thought that he'd give the rest of the season a miss after a three zero point rounds.
  5. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Shameful bit of Cross Promotion:

If you're looking for something a bit slower paced than the current GR2 season, we are running a GR4 series on a fortnightly basis with a variety of the Scirocco, Mustang and Atenza over in the community section.

All the details available here;
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/super-production-championship-cup.4221/

With only one race of the series completed, we still have 6 permanent spots available, to have two full rooms. Also spots available for reserves as there is normally someone away.

Any questions, contact @THE_UNDER_STUDY or @Xtr3meNZer

Cheers.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  6. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I'm looking for a permanent spot in an SPCC team. I raced in @VARDZ team last week but haven't heard back if I'm needed fulltime.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 42 Laps - 06:30 Sunny - 29/11 - Endurance
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 13!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has completed)
    STARTING EARLY : If your room captains are trying to organise an early start due to this being a longer endurance round, all drivers must agree to the early start. Non-replies after multiple days/forms of contact will be found as 'agreeing' to the time change, as all drivers should be checking the room threads to see which room they are in each week and to check for this briefing.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The main areas to be careful of are T3-5, T16 & T18-20. After last weeks track limits issues, if you are protested for track limits (3 extensions or more) which you cannot provide footage proving you did not gain advantage, there will be penalties.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track. Contact in the final corners could cause a reset which of course must be REDRESSED if you are at fault.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : The Pit entry is to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the line that determines Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.
    PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. You should be to the right of the White pit exit line. Please be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: There is a COMPULSORY TYRE STOP

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield , @Matthyus & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division.
    If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    BANG LAP (including pitstop)
    Dybo, Steve Neilson and Buster_Danis like this.
  9. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Me luv Bang Lap Long time!!:D
  10. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Sorry boys, out again this week. Should be back in for next Sunday.
  11. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    Results from tonight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @DirtyTomCo DSC on lap 2.
    [​IMG]
    @Tony4Fingerz DSC after he had finished his race (albeit one lap down), but before the final driver had crossed the line.
    [​IMG]
    funk-13, Matthyus, Slartybar and 2 others like this.
  12. funk-13

funk-13 Rookie

PSN ID
    Funk-13
    Good race last night! Good win @Blunty075 i kept up for a bit at the start even closed the gap and then a mistake and couldnt recover! :(
    @Slartybar good come back after your spin, i watched start of the race and your spin if you hadn't spun coming back you would have been in for a good chance to still win, i held you off one time Les Combes...2nd time was hard...still couldn't figure out why i had no pace towards the end, was pretty bad. anyway good fun to spin (badly) and keep with the front runners for a bit.
    Peersy and Slartybar like this.
  13. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    It was a good race from what I could see and good driving from @Blunty075. I managed to get in front and lost it at Stavelot going wide into the sand, took me forever to re-enter(too much of a lead foot). After that I got my head down and put in some consistent good laps having some good battles with @fezza and then @funk-13. Probably my best race so far even though I had the spin and happy I didnt make more mistakes
    fezza and Peersy like this.
  14. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Cheers mate, after qually I thought I was going to get done for sure. Yeah when you gained about 6 secs on me it was because I pushed to early on T1 from memory and spun. Thankfully I was able to get going quick enough though.
  15. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I was trying hard to get away from you but I kept making little errors. When you caught back up and passed me I thought I'd use the opportunity to save fuel travelling behind then a few cnrs later you went wide and ended up in the sand. I actually felt bad for you, especially when I saw how many places you dropped. I don't know how you managed to get back up to 2nd though, that's some good driving.
    Slartybar likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Drivers list updated in OP for Round 6
  18. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Was out walking with the kid, lost track of time, got on late and realised I hadn't added room owner. So my bad.After 8.30 ish wasn't massaging anyone in case race was on.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  19. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

FYI I will be pulling out of the rest of the season & at this stage not sure when I can make it back!
    Starting a new job Monday with extremely early morning start times (or should I say almost the middle of the night!)
    Sometimes life gets in the way of Racing:(
    Just wanted to say a huge THANKS! to all the admin crew such as @Hatfield @stucar17 @Matthyus @emmo46 & various room hosts & special event creators (@apex2691 @JonoStan96 etc) for the awesome effort all you guys put in to making this a gr8 online racing experience every week! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I hope to return some day (albeit even slower than I’ve become!) & will keep an eye out for events that may suit my time schedule.
    “Adios Amigos & Ciao for now!!”;)
    Dybo, stucar17, Kieran_B33 and 9 others like this.
  20. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Oh & a shout out to @CAB77 for introducing me to ROOz way back when.:thumbsup:
    Dybo, CAB77 and Matthyus like this.