GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Hey mate,
    No need to worry about car choice, like emmo said, as long as you don't use a make more than 3 times you are good to go.
    If you wouldn't mind signing up again just so I have all your info back on file.
    Cheers.
    https://form.jotform.com/ajkplk/SPCCREBELCUPPRIVATEER
    DeanK and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Managed 3rd on the grid and got away as well as the VW can to be 4th after T1. Quickly dispatched of @razor4797 and set off after @gtkingx & @CaptainRisky21
    That was short lived as I ran wide at Blanchimont and had to slot in behind some more cars.
    Had a good battle with @xlxy90 as we caught up and after a few laps, gtking had driven off and it was a 3 car battle with xl and risky.
    Unfortunately on lap 8, primed to pit, a Hi-tec missle got me at the final chicane and I lost 10secs (ish)
    Came out on mediums and just struggled thereafter with guys on softs catching and dispatching me with ease. Late drama with a few bumps between other cars kept me slightly in it so finished 9th.

Quite a few guys running wide at Blanchimont but not lifting. I had one such moment where their split increased in front of me so that was disappointing to see
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    My lift cost me a few places so not surprising others didn't. When I pitted I put on softs out of habit from sunday night and quit, probably my first race quit in rooz. not worth sticking around to get dsq,
    probably have one more late start in me before i quit the whole thing. gets a bit tiring week after week for someone who values punctuality.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pole
    [​IMG]
    Race 1st to 12th
    [​IMG]
    4th to 14th
    [​IMG]
    Incey 15th DSC
    Lap times 1st to 12th
    [​IMG]
    3rd to 14th
    [​IMG]
    THE_UNDER_STUDY and Hatfield like this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You could have pitted again next lap for RM.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I would have done an extra lap on softs and i couldn't work out how to make that work. was planning to do two stops anyway so three was ridiculous
  7. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well, that was definitely an action-packed race. Many smiles and great door-to-door racing throughout and a few tears at times also. Clipped a couple of my favourite moments below. Keen to check out the demo1garage stream later also.

8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Some great racing.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  9. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Just watched the @Demo 1 Garage recording, great commentary, really professional. Thanks for covering the race!
    Max Gassit, Apex_64, Peersy and 2 others like this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done on the win gt. Did you feature much in the stream cruising away at the front? There was plenty of action behind you let me tell you!
  11. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    haha nah I there wasn't too much to see with me, just nice clean consistent laps :p The action going on further back was hectic to say the least!
  12. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Sorry that people were having game issues which was causing them to be late - Even Max had to get his proper livery on and the game froze up on him also when exiting. Not something that can be helped unfortunately, and I'm sure if you were trying to get on and the game was freezing, you would appreciate the patience to get you in. Trust me, I would have preferred it on time being that the whole thing doesn't start until 10.20pm my time, finishing at 11.30, and then having to get up 5.5 hours later for work... but it's only fair to those that are trying to get in, but the game is being a pain.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Max Gassit, Peersy and gtkingx like this.
  13. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    @DeanK Welcome back bud! Looking forward to seeing you on track again next week!

What an interesting night of some intense racing! Quite enjoyable really. Had some close battles throughout the pack after a not so great start with T1 being what T1 is... someone lost it a bit, slowed the pack and I went from 7th to 14 while I was slowing to wait for the mess in front of me to clear. So to make my way back through to 7th throughout the race was satisfying.

Thanks to everyone that came along to compete, and Demo 1 for streaming! I watched a bit of it before I was headed off to sleep and it looked really good, live replays of incidents and all! Bloody good watching. I look forward to watching it all tonight!

Thanks all, catch you next week for some Rebel Cup fun at Blue Moon!
    DeanK, Max Gassit, Peersy and 3 others like this.
  14. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Great job gents, was good to watch. Although some cuts and running wide would get Bang upset. Bloody intense all down the order tho. Congrats unders and Mr ex on a fun series :thumbsup:
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Wouldn't mind so much if they were in the lobby when they had issues, issues when switching on the game 5 minutes before qually show lack of planning and respect for fellow racers. I knew I was going to join the lobby late due to family commitments so I turned everything on earlier to make sure it was working. Totally different story if you have advised in advance though
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Razor had been trying for about half hour to get in to the game, had to do a couple of restarts before it let him load in to the main open screen of GTS
    razor4797 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I'll put my hand up for that. My reasoning was that you had moved towards the inside blocking the racing line but hadn't made it in front to earn the spot, I was going wide on to the astroturf so I went wider so I could rejoin. It was my position with a heavy braking zone coming up so it didn't actually cost you anything
  18. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    The time trial had a reset which may have caused issues. I couldn't get my garage screen to open. Took a few minutes.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    One of many who didn't/couldn't join the room in time for qually at 2015
  20. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Appreciate the understanding mate. I had jumped on before 8pm with the ps4 telling me that there was a system update from 2 or so weeks ago that needed to be downloaded, despite having raced the last two weeks' sunday league and last week's rebel cup race with no update required. That was done in the space of a few minutes - no issue. GT Sport then froze twice on startup after showing me that there was no game content and that I had no friends :cry:.
    The least I could do was message the party chat to notify everyone of my issues and that I was still on my way.

Anyways - the race.
    Don't particularly like driving the Atenza, way too much understeer for my liking, plus the tyre wear sucks as I'm already pretty heavy on tyres to begin with. Qualified higher than expected in 5th or so, made up a few spots early but then gradually slipped down the field through lack of pace and worn tyres.
    Pitted on lap 10, which was a critical mistake as it turned out it was a lap too late. As a result, I lost 6 seconds from a single lap and that cost me many positions and the chance to battle with cars ahead. I had decent pace on the softs, but just couldn't make up the time I had lost in that 1-lap later pitstop.
    Could have been a more exciting finish - hindsight would have me pit on lap 9, but oh well.

Well done to the podium finishers - cheers fellas