GT Sport Season 13 Room 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 5, 2020.

1. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    What happened to XL and Sidawg?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    parked up
  3. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Do you know why? And will they get dropped to Room 2 next week as a result?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will ask them
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    They weren't enjoying the race and decided to park the car instead of continue
  6. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I had an incident on lap 2, following by a self inflicted off, so instead of trundling around 10 seconds off second last, I parked up. Based on where I was at the time, I was probably dropping to room 2 anyways.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Drivers list updated in OP for Round 6
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    https://raceonoz.com/article.php?id=172
    News article up on our main page for the Speedweek eSeries, so let's support our ROOZers participating (9 out of the 14 drivers are ROOZers!)

Seasoned ROOZ members are:
    Keeden McDonald - Keeden231
    Jono Stankowski - JonoStan96
    Liam Tame - Viperzed
    Aydan Matthews - CaptainRisky21

and our new ROOZ members this season are:
    Matthew Allen - Rangeraus
    Simon Bishop - Sidawg2
    Adrian Gosatti - VLX_Fella
    Guy Barbara - TwitchyGT
    Paul Kandaloneon - ERT_Noodles

9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 6: Autodrome Lago Maggiore - 2x 13 Laps - 11:30 - 6/12 - Sprint
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 13!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The entry to T3 and the exit of T10 have a white line with tarmac outside that you are ALLOWED to use with all 4 wheels. Be careful with the limits at T4 & T13.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track. Contact in the final corners could cause a reset which of course must be REDRESSED if you are at fault.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : The Pit entry is to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the line that determines Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.
    PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. You should be to the left of the White pit exit line. Please be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: There is NO COMPULSORY TYRE STOP.
    REPEAT THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO PIT

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield , @Matthyus & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

SPRINT ROUND : This round is the sprint round which consists of 2 half length races, the second being reverse grid based on results from the first. PLEASE BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL with the second race with your overtakes and remember to redress incidents you cause. Points are allocated as normal for race 1 and then halved for race 2. These points are then added together and a round order is organised. This round order is then allocated championship points.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division.
    If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Can i just get confirmation please that drivers right entry to turn 3 and drivers right exit of turn 10 are the ONLY parts of the track exempt from track limits?
  11. VLX_Fella

VLX_Fella New Recruit

PSN ID
    VLX_Fella
    Sorry for the late notice but I'm out again this week
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Are you expecting more?
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Clarification was requested, thanks Matthyus
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Simply asking as it was also quoted to be careful at Turns 4 and 13 when I know there to be far more corners on this track where it is possible to gain an advantage. Although I'd assume the stewards have already mulled this over and talked about what corners should be highlighted in the pre race briefing. My bad.
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    We would love to be that organised too.
    gtkingx likes this.
  16. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Do the concrete aprons also count as the 'kerb'?
    In Sport Mode the entire concrete apron (beyond the red and white striped kerb) is fair game as far as track limits are concerned
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Historically speaking, no. Kerb is kerb and concrete is concrete. This is one track in particular where it is a little bit more strict in some corners than what FIA allows.
    Kieran_B33 and Rangeraus like this.
  18. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Some questionable driving tonight. Extreme lack of practice really cost me. Ended up with decent one-lap pace by the end but consistency was out the door. Could have been a much better night.

By the way @Motors560 I think I may have gifted you an extra position overall with my final lap loop across the line and Sidawg passing me on the flag hahahaha
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qually
    [​IMG]

Race 1
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    R1 FLs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    R2 FLs
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield