GT-Sport [Competed] No Practice Sundays

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    further to this, I may now be home in time, so @T F Eccles will host unless I make it in time
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Cars for tonight:
    229 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
    231 Nissan GT-R Gr.4
    203 Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
    or 256 PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3 (if you cannot afford/don't have the AMG VGT)
    126 Honda Fit Hybrid '14

In the spirit of these events please don't do any practice in these cars, the heads up is so you can purchase and livery them if need be
  3. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    My excuse for losing will be, not enough practice time. And as I said it first, no-one else can have the same excuse
    LOL. I'm looking forward to this, I just hope I drive as good as I can. Playing GTA5 ATM, but I'll get on GT Sport soon to check I have the required cars and then put a quick livery on them.
    Peersy and Hatfield like this.
  4. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    What's tonight's track? Just finished doing some basic liveries for my cars. Now hoping to get some practice to avoid becoming a crash waiting to happen.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Ummm, see title of this thread and series....
  6. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Yeah I know. But I'm sure I read somewhere that we'd find out the track 1hr prior. Maybe I imagined it. Cheers mate.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sunday 27th December Results
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    13th Peersy_23
    14th tfeccles
    15th Whizz94
    16th Max_Gassit_28

Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FL Mercedes Razor4797

Race 4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, LE_bananajosh and gtkingx like this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks all for coming tonight, a full room was just what the doctor ordered!
  9. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    That was great fun. Always interesting when everyone's thrown together.Hope I didn't make anyones drive difficult.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you were doing well, catching me towards the end there at goodwood
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  11. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    So apparently I'm a cucumber now because I'm useless like Narain Kartikeyan. But unlike him, I actually won something last night so maybe not. It's not very often that I get a chance to beat Div 1 drivers on merit instead of luck, so how useless am I @xlxy90? I probably scored more points than you so if you want to talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Great night last night. The concept is brilliant, pity we got drawn a few bad apples. I'll just remind everyone that although these races are supposed to be a lot of fun and no one is particularly familiar with combos, braking markers, lines etc, Common sense goes a long, long way. Be cautious heading into a crowded corner and take extra care if you don't know the combo, steaming off into the wall at turn 1 has the ability to ruin a fair few peoples nights. Same goes with basic driving etiquette. That should not go out the window when a community series comes in, Seeing drivers overtake me off track and proceed to punt 3 cars off the track as well as blatantly squeezing someone into a wall and not even thinking about a redress, IS NOT OK. Credit where credit is due to those of you who waited for drivers that you impeded. You guys know who you are and it makes racing with you that much more respectful. To those of you who think you may have been in the wrong last night, no stress, This is a fun series but it's a lot more fun when no one is running dead last for 10 minutes because someone got torpedoed on lap 1.

See you all next week!
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Fastest cucumber I've ever seen! I think we will see you beating div 1 drivers on the regular in these races :thumbsup:
  14. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    No comment on others prowess, I'm only responsible for mine. Standard rules apply as far as I know. Have fun , don't be a dik! It's a life motto :) Look forward to next Sunday.
    Viperzed and Max Gassit like this.
  15. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Saw a few too many instances of some very desperate driving. I thought I may have missed the memo re prize money.....? Maybe try testing the skill of executing passes without any contact?
  16. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Had to get a wriggle on had Viper on my rear and gaining. By the time I had my times coming down it was over .
  17. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Apologies for my poor driving, missing many markers and ruining people's night. I will try my hardest not to make it happen again
  18. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Relax man, we all made mistakes. Some were unlucky to involve others, some were blatant f@#$wittery. I think yours were honest slips.
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Love the huge side benefits of ROOZ.
    I enjoyed Impromptu Monday last night.
    Thanks to everybody bar the ring ins , or were they AI :giggle:
    Wish I wasn't falling asleep.
  20. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I think I should explain myself.

You had an off exiting the first corner at Goodwood and was approaching you pretty quickly. I had two cars right behind me and I didn't think I'd be clear if I moved over to the left to get around you. So I went right instead which meant going on the grass. I thought I'd get away with it but I bumped you, which set off the Newton balls and caused the two cars on the left of you to go off the road. Yes, it would've been smarter to back off but I would've lost two positions instead of gaining one. Then again I have no idea why two cars were even trying to get past you on what is a very narrow track. We basically went 4 wide which doesn't work - nobody backed out and that's why the accident happened. I triggered the inevitable but I wasn't the sole reason for it.

I seem pretty good in odd cars, particularly those with low grip.