GT Sport Season 14 Car Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 29, 2020.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Channeling a Touring Car Masters vibe, selecting older cars (>25 years) and around the 300hp mark, here's my $0.02 worth...
    • Shelby GT350 1965 (N300) - 100/100/RH
    • Jaguar E-Type (N300) - 100/100/RH
    • BMW M3 Sport Evolution (N200) - ~300HP/100/RH
    • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (N300) - 100/100/RH
    • Porsche 911 Turbo 1981 (N300) - 100/100/RH
    I've stuck to RH to make them challenging yet driveable by the less experienced/talented amongst us.
    My two roughies would be..
    • Mini Cooper 'S' 1965 (N100) - ~130HP/100/SS
    • Mercedes-Benz SEL 6.8 AMG 1971 (Gr.X) - 100/100/RH
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I think it’s about time we use a road car, considering we haven’t really had a proper road going car since we started GT Sport.

I’ll again barrack for the Lexus LC500 - bloody love that thing. It’s fast, great for close door-to-door racing, and its gearbox is quick and doesn’t top out
    incey, Slartybar, gtkingx and 2 others like this.
  3. Tony4Fingerz

Tony4Fingerz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    TonyFourFingerz
    Just stealing other peoples ideas...
    Shelby Daytona Cobra
    Shelby GT350
    Lexus LC500
    Dybo, incey and Slartybar like this.
  4. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'd like a good road car too. My pick is the GR Supra RZ 19, bit slower than the Lexus but moves around a bit more which makes it good fun to drive. While it moves around a fair bit it's very predictable so it's a car everyone can drive and have fun in.

1. GR Supra RZ 19 SH (SM as an option if it must have a second compound but imo this car is at it's best on SH)
    2. Lexus LC500 SH/SM

I think the idea of having the softer compound as a single use works well in the SPCC series and can't see why that wouldn't work here too, stops the pointless 1 lap on the harder compound strategy
  5. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'll open a room tomorrow night at 7.30pm if anyone wants to come and have a few races in some different cars to test a few out and see what you like
  6. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'll have a chat open as well as a room, it'll be friends only so if you aren't friends with me and want to join just shoot me a friend request
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI I will be looking to tally suggestions and likes and get a vote up next week sometime
  8. Twitchy

Twitchy Rookie

Surely have a Rotary Lineup! Mazda RXV one make, Racing tyres Softs Or And F1 Series, SF19s
    Peersy likes this.
  9. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    RX Vision would be great as a future season car. We used the SF19 a couple seasons ago
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    incey likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Just a quick question. Will the races still be on Sunday nights or will it be changed to Saturday nights?
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    still Sunday nights. what made you think we were changing to saturdays?
  14. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    I just thought about it since schools & that reopen in Feb here. I might not be able to race this season if the races start at like 8:30PM on Sundays. If they cannot be changed that's fine but yea that's what got me thinking about it.
    incey likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah races are 8:30 sundays finishing by about 9:30. if you are unsure if you can attend, you can switch to a reserve spot
    Noodles87 likes this.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Peersy and Apex_64 like this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    By front runner, The S800 is currently 6th in the standings.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Really? Why?

[I deleted a discussion about preferential voting systems that no one seems to appreciate]

Basically, we excluded likes years ago on multiple car posts because of ambiguity, and the S800 is the highest single post car.

EDIT: It's a clear front runner based upon the amount of times people are asking for a classic car, or a road car, or leeboy saying the classic JDM market, or sparklehead saying classic road car. So it'll get a poll at least so that's good.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  19. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I don't believe that's how its been run as of late. The previous cars picked for season have been with likes included.

My rough count is:
    LC500
    GT350
    1971 AMG
    GR Supra
    R32 GTR
    gtkingx and incey like this.
  20. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    We had a few races in this last night and once we realised we could change the front/rear torque split it was a good fun car(too understeery and boring in it's default) but the DRS I think would be a pain, you end up needing to basically hold the DRS button for 95% of the race. I'm not sure that would be possible for anyone on a controller either
    VARDZ and Viperzed like this.