GT Sport Season 14 Car Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 29, 2020.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    what a very nice list that is
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    maybe the voting block that is led by @NAACS could try these out tonite?
  3. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'm not sure if NAACS will be on but there will no doubt be a few of us and I expect we'll be trying a few different cars. Join us :)
    incey likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just do what gtking does and put your name down *car dependant
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So my tally so far is:
    10: LC500
    9: R32 Skyline
    8: S800
    8: Mini Cooper
    8: Jag E-type
    8: Classic M3
    7: Racing Merc SEL '71
    7: Shelby GT350
    7: 1981 911

So if you want to see one of these get into the vote, better reply saying which one (if you haven't already suggested it) as ideally I'd like a 3 car vote
    Tony4Fingerz and incey like this.
  6. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    People need to be careful with their "likes" in this thread if likes on this post are counted for the car?
    incey, Apex_64 and xlxy90 like this.
  7. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I really liked racing the Pantera '71 on SH SM. Its not to fast or slow and has enough grip to be competitive but will still move around under brakes and out of corners. It was different than what we are all used too. It will be good to get away from race cars for a few seasons
    incey likes this.
  8. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Its also like the GR Supra RZ 19 SH fun to drive
    gtkingx and incey like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    it is much better stock than when i used to tune it for titsup
    groover33 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Didn't you used to tune it so that it had improved intake (of alcohol) ?
    incey likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    updated OP to remove the counting of 'likes'

If you like a car, suggest it in a post please!
    (this will shake up the list for the vote too! - so I will recount and post hopefully tomorrow to give a few days before the vote goes live)
    Viperzed likes this.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    So does that mean that the previous tally as you indicated above was done on the previous system?

I'll put forward my opinion that there should be a 'run-out' poll instead of just a single poll, because that would be more accommodating of a preferential vote. There's a reason that preferential voting systems in Australia use numbers ascending from first preference to final preference. While I put forward the S800, I haven't given an indication anywhere of cars that I would prefer if the S800 wasn't selected, and there's been lots of other posts containing varying levels of preference being used. There's been ample messages of support for a classic car, a road car, a classic road car, and/or a classic Japanese car, which are all categories which the S800 fits into. This is akin to voters saying 'I don't care who the candidate is so long as they're from this particular party or political disposition'. All preferential systems are based upon a level of indifference.

As an addendum, if I had complete freedom in suggesting a vehicle among every single car available in the game, I would absolutely select the Racing Kart 125 Shifter. It has the best and most thrilling racing in the entire game.

Yet I don't put it forward because of the desire here to select a touring car and you can't change tyres or fuel. For those reasons, it's always relegated to being a community event vehicle and I think that's a massive shame.

MY PITCH FOR THE HONDA S800

[​IMG]

What the Supra '19 and the LC500 lack is that they're not classic cars, which was a desired aspect put forward at the outset of the voting. A lot of the categories of initial interest are being dispensed with in favour of particular cars.

By selecting the S800, I put forward a car that was in line with the current season's mindset. I think there's a great risk of making the cars too fast by going with the LC500 or the Supra '19, and the Supra already got it's own official Sport championship. The S800 is a very fun car to drive and while I haven't raced it extensively, I also think it's sufficiently slow to offer thrilling races and feature some of the smaller tracks that get ignored by the playerbase generally.

GT Sport also inundates itself with Racing tyres and I would love to see a Comfort tyre used again. The Honda is slow enough to accommodate this spec of tyre while not forfeiting stability which seems to be crucial for good racing. The Supra and LC500 would feel like a missed opportunity by not using a classic car like the S800, Pantera, or Mini Cooper. What the S800 and Mini Cooper have in common is very low weight which is key to being a nimble sportscar. The Pantera is a heavy beast of a muscle car by comparison.
    Peersy likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the vote is done in a way that I want a majority for the first pick over all others before deciding on the car
    Crunch likes this.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    No
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The season's mindset isn't necessarily classic cars, that was just Hat's suggestion. It's just come up that we haven't had a road car yet, and hat suggested classics.
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It's too slow lol. To put it bluntly it's too slow to keep a grid entertained. The idea of a classic car being used was put forward by a handful of drivers that do not represent the entirety of the RaceOnOz GT Sport driver base, and by no means do I either. The LC500 is towards the pointy end in both styles of the voting process and for good reason. It's a brilliant car to drive on wheel and controller and offers up some fantastic racing without the possibility of topping out and any given track. Your points behind the S800 seem to be more of an assumption to fit the critetia and less of an actual reason to use it. Whilst I'm sure the racing could be brilliant given the right scenarios, The S800 would also give a substantial benefit to H Pattern users as any straight line momentum gained in shifting would be un matchable.

This isn't to say your opinions aren't respected here, Your previous posts about the Sunday league format and what not haven't gone un noticed but for you to rally this car but say you haven't extensively tested it seems odd, As well as the fact that you are no longer an active RaceOnOz GT Sport driver, or GT Sport driver at all from the looks of things?

Edit: I've just noticed your sign up to this season, disappointing terms I suppose but good to have you back.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So my count based on suggestions so far is:
    5. Lexus LC500
    4. Shelby GT350
    4. Nissan R32

Then there are a bunch on 3 suggestions:
    Mercedes SEL '71
    Jag E-type
    Mini Cooper '65
    De Tomaso Pantera
    Honda S800
    BMW M3 Classic
    Toyota 2000GT
    Ferrari F40

Wednesday I will sort out the car vote so you have until then to bump some cars up into the vote
    razor4797 likes this.
  18. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I too like the LC500 but as the Z8 proved in the No Practice race last night, big, wollowy cars with poor chassis and suspension are quite difficult to race. The GT350 however is built for racing, and handles quite well because it has a good chassis. That's the car I would go for.
    Tony4Fingerz likes this.
  19. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Propose: Shelby GT350 1965 100/100 RS and secondly Shelby Cobra 427 100/100 RS
    Dybo likes this.
  20. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'd prefer the R34 if we went for a Skyline, but happy enough with R32.
    The S800 is a good idea and would be good fun I reckon, even if it is slow (just need to choose the right circuits!!)
    Just to add another option, what about the Subaru 22B?
    Peersy and Crunch like this.