ACC [PC] Wacky Wednesday League Practice

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Oct 21, 2020.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Losing a few seconds was faster than crashing though! GT3 has just got to be patient.

On the top of the mountain there is the exit of The Cutting, if communicated after McPhillamy/before Skyline and the exit of Forest Elbow. Everywhere else honestly isn’t possible and it’s even still so risky at Skyline. GT4 might lift for you to help but I guarantee they won’t be if they are battling (and rightly they shouldn’t have to). I honestly think that most other places if GT3 tries go around the outside the track will be too dirty offline later on and the additional risk for me personally isn’t worth it.

For those unfamiliar with corner names:
    The Cutting - Left hand hairpin at the start of the climb
    McPhillamy Park - High speed left hander with sandpit at the top of the mountain.
    Skyline - The next corner after which is the downhill right hander with tarmac run-off
    Forest Elbow - Left hand hairpin onto Conrod Straight
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

so ive crunched a few numbers and my 2 cents worth based on the maths is it isn't worth trying to ovetake. the average lap pace for the wining gt3 was a 2.05 and im the slowest gt4 and will average probably a 2.19 make it 2.20 for easy calcs. so the wining gt3 will probably do 58 maybe 59 laps to win. i'll probably do 52 maybe 53 laps. so over the 2 hour race the fastest car on track will pass the slowest car on the track 6 times. i did a rough look at my time on an out lap from the cutting to forest elbow and it was a sloppy 50 seconds. im not sure what the gt3 goes across the top in but considering its the straights where you would be gaining the majority of the lap times i wouldn't imagine you would be held up that much that you would lose the race following a gt4 across the top. yes there is normally around 17 of us on track but i still think you'll be able to round quite a few of us up easily in the straights and won't be following the gt4s across the top to much with any luck. personally i think the risk vs reward factor is to great and no one wants a final season race messed up from a mix up over the top. especially when its two hrs of bathurts. but thats just my opinion
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey all! Let me know what track/cars you wanna race on Wednesday night and I will set up the server!
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Kyalami with the Porsche cup car....;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Very saucy combo!
  6. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I think I'd find myself facing the wrong way a lot.
  7. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

That could be interesting i have never driven it.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Server is set up - not sure if I will be around later but it will run 15 P, 10 Q and 25 R on a loop in any case.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Password is still season4 ???
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Season5 now I believe!!! We will be on tonight from around 8 for any who are into some practicing!
  11. CornfordCaster

Fun race!
    I wanted to see just how close Steve and I were with our battle at the beginning of the race.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 1 attempt was close, just made sure leave a cars width.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 3, I REALLY didn't want you to pass there mate! but you probably could have forced the issue a few more millimetres if you wanted.
    Nice work on the anchors, it was clean fun stuff.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    It was fun to have a run on this game finally, but unfortunately I spent most the night fiddling around with video settings etc, but are still having issues with screen tearing and screen freezes, sometimes up to a second or two, which could be dangerous if close to others. Don't know what it is as cpu and graphics card seemed to be fine at the mid settings and 61 fps I used, 75C & 60C thermals and 900 MHz on MSI afterburner, but the frame timing was all over the place. Turning off game mode on the TV made things look slightly better, but frame drops were still a problem. Hope to get this sorted quickly
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Was an awesome battle for a few laps there mate, very enjoyable - nice racing close with someone you can trust will respect your line, especially in some of the high commitment corners!

Hey mate, not sure if you have tried this but disable VSYNC in game, turn the visible cars down to say...12-16....and reduce the mirror quality and distance. Those should help. My mirror looks look original mario on a gameboy and I think only shows up to 100m!
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, thanks. Tried all that, VSYNC on/off, framerate limit on/off, graphic settings high/mid, Mario kart mirrors (lol), set high priority in task manager, thermal profile on high performance, etc. I think there is something wise weird going on, as I said, the gpu and CPU don't seem to be working hard at all, but still the frame drops. Machine is running Dirt Rally 2.0 and AC in VR okay. Hmmm..

Dell G5 15 5500, i7-10750H, RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 Max-Q, 16GB DDR4-2933MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, 15.6" 1920x1080 144Hz LCD
  15. CornfordCaster

Yeah you should be having no problems on those settings with your specs! Very weird.
    I don’t have suggestions other than to check the ACC official forums and if anyone there has had a similar issue.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So after a lot of fiddling tonight, finally got a big improvement after following the steps in the video below. The first regedit does not hold after a restart, but the other do and seem to help anyway. Frame times much more stable now and running high settings no sweat. Still not 100% though, but playable. A bit of tearing now and then and also a little ghosting in the image. Fiddled with the NVIDIA settings also, but that didn't change much. Still, happy enough with where it is at for now.
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

great mate, glad you are at least mostly set up!
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just in case anyone was curious, I was able to fix my screen tearing issue by turning VSYNC ON in the NVIDIA Control Panel. This gave the best result (on 60 Hz Samsung TV), while VSYNC on in-game or via Riva Tuner did not work so well. I'll be running with this going forward.
  19. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Thanks for the racing again gents :). Here's the results:

20. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

That was a good hit out last night. Enjoyed that but boy I was struggling to see and get T1 sorted. I know I almost messed up Steve and Pete there and probably a few others. Something to work on before Monday.