ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 - Round 3 Super Sprint Hungaroring Super Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

With my "official admin hat" now back on the hat stand, I had a great race 1, absolutely loved it until I ran out of fuel and had to pit. Which sucked. As did the fact I was irritated enough I forgot to turn the ignition back on and sat there for another 5 seconds or so. When I left the pits I then hit either @Egor Tsakhoev or @Alex. Tsakhoev on leaving the pits. I redressed, but my word that was dumb - my sincere apologies for being a dumbass.

Race 2 was weird, car felt good as it did in race 1, then after about 15min it just went completely off the boil, it felt like I'd chewed through my fronts completely, I had so little grip that @nanlatt put a great pass on me round the outside of T1, and as we both accelerated out of the corner we had some side-to-side contact. But with the Lambo fully loaded up I "seb spinned" off to the inside. Absolute 100% racing incident, no blame at all to Nando who was holding his line. Ended up down P15 I think and just no longer really had the pace to do anything!

Lastly, I'm not sure when I'll be able to provide highlights as youtube is being an utter basic b*tch right now and just hangs all my uploads.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

This. On the plus side, even if you are seconds off the lead pace as I am, you know there's always going to be someone to race with in these huge fields, no matter whether you're fighting for 3rd or 33rd.
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I had something similar towards the end of race 1, and when I checked the tyres after the race, I had "significant" front graining. Maybe from too aggressive slip angles? In race 2 I tried not to push the tyres so hard at higher steering angles, just coasting a bit more through the corner, and the tyres ended up feeling better at the end.
  4. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

My qualifying this season hasn't really been all that good compared to the previous seasons i've been in, I've gotten slower over one lap pace which is a bit of bummer, and won't be able to put in much practice this season at least due to uni starting this week.
    So i've qualified at the back of the grid for these races, alongside the other smiths :)

Race 1:
    I had a great start off the line and overtook some cars before T1, I gained some places through mistakes of other drivers, but I learned that 2 into the chicane dont really go too well, so I hopped over the 2nd kerb and into the wall, leaving me with under steer which was a tad bit frustrating, but I could manage it. I stayed on Gock's arse for basically the whole race, he was quicker than me in some parts, but I would close the gap and it was quite close across the line. Although the straight line speed of the gtr is pretty fast, could not keep up on the straights.
    There was a lapped car that tried to dive bomb myself and the car behind me which was quite dangerous and he almsot made contact with me, so that was a bit scary.

Race 2:
    Another great start of the line, looked to be the same as the first race, but there was some carnage at T1 so I had to take evasive lines to avoid damage, losing some places. I dont remember with who, but I made contact, leaving me with more understeer, and eventually sent me into the barriers at T5 and that was my race.

Very much a case of what could've been and what if's.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Quick summary for this one. Both races I ended up being a road block for some ultra quick Porsche's up front. In the 1st race I managed to keep Hendo behind and snatch 3rd, but in the 2nd race he managed to wriggle away and I had to keep Laurenson at bay. He braked a little late on the 3rd to last corner and got into the back of me. During this time 2 cars got through, so I was effectively 5th. One of the cars had a wobble and went off, but Ash Reynolds was driving too well to let me back through anywhere, so I had to settle for 4th.

@andyo450 did what he does out front :thumbsup:
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thoroughly enjoyed race 2. Had some good clean battles and made a few overtakes. Good stuff.

Race 1....... A victim of the lap 1 chaos, sustained some minor rear damage when basically having to almost stop to avoid spun cars ahead of me. Then went side by side through the chicane with car 99, thought we made it through okay, but alas the sausage sent him wide on the exit and we collided, sorry about that. Then two corners later I got punted from behind by car 563 and spun out into the barrier sustaining heavy damage. About a 1 min 45 sec pitstop later I was a lap behind the field on last place. The rest was just practice laps for race 2 though I did manage to unlap myself from a couple of drivers and made up some places through others misfortune, so not all bad.

7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

no worries, it was a bit ambitious being on the outside at that corner, especially so early in the race, found it hard to not go for it though! we seemed to be magnetised during both races, even in the first when i rejoined (sorry again to flynn, thought id make the track cleanly but the TC stops getting these around a quicker process, amateur mistake) and was a lap down, ended up in the same pack thereabouts.
    that was easily my most fun week so far, getting a bit of a handle on driving these things, havent done any competitive racing for about 4 years so the competitive mindset is slowly coming back, otherwise been resigned to offline AMS1 on and off in that timeframe.
    is great fun being back, awesome to see such healthy numbers, never raced in such large grids before so that takes a bit of getting used to as well.
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

Most days I will call that a good qualifying result :D

For myself I want to appeal to the stewards for compensation. The track designers should have known someone would hit the wall after the chicane. Foreseeing the accident they should have fitted soft rubber protective covers over the concrete. Due to their failure to protect me from my talent levels I suffered terrible broken front suspension and the personal anguish of being last over the line. I demand 50 points as compensation for my suffering from the steward :coffee:
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

You can have 50 points mate. 50 'A1 Concrete Supplies' loyalty points that is,
  10. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Your request for compensation has been duly acknowledged and promptly denied.:)
  11. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

:laugh:
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  12. Nick Firth

Nick Firth Rookie

I near shat myself when this happened!:poop:

I'm new to ROOZ and absolutely loving it. If this is not the right place to discuss please feel free to delete my post. Offering an apology for this incident, but in my defence I feel I left plenty of space for you to slot back in, I just wasn't expecting you to slot back in and tap the brakes. I hate negatively impacting anyone's race, it certainly was not intention to make contact.

I too was on the receiving end of a big incident on T2 in Race 1, went from P11 to P30ish :(. Decided to cop this on the chin and get on with the race. It was hard to wrap my head around and get back into the grove but I found a pack of cars dishing up some great racing and I had a ball.

Also I see left my blinker on :laugh:. Learning more and more each race, finding it a hard task to find the line of pushing hard and allowing room for error. Hoping to have a good race in Suzuka!
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Nick Firth no problems, a racing incident in my view. I was still recovering from contact 2 corners back and had a crappy exit and another car in front of me I didn't want to hit so was much slower than you. Not saying my driving was perfect either, but hoping that sharing on here will help myself and others learn how to navigate the opening laps with such a huge grid.

As a side note, is there anyway to cross check car number from the replay with ROOZ username? Still learning who's who in here
    krunch, CornfordCaster and Nick Firth like this.
  14. CornfordCaster

All of this information should be in the Entry List here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/raceonoz-acc-pc-season-5-full-info-and-sign-up.4336/
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

This is exactly the right place to discuss the race :thumbsup:
    In fact we really encourage people to discuss their race each week (as long as it's respectful and not overly negative) as it helps everyone see things from different perspectives. This in turn tends to ease tensions and put the focus back on fun :)
  17. CornfordCaster

To second this, I had a good short chat with someone about last race in discord as I mentioned and we had a good understanding of each other’s perspective afterwards :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  18. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

It only took 6 days but youtube finally finished f*cking around, and please see below highlights for both races: