Season 14 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 22, 2021.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Good Racecraft guide : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

Start Date : Meet and Greet - 7th Feb
    Car : BMW E30 Gp_A Touring Car
    [​IMG]
    Tire Regs :
    Slick is only option / Wets when required.
    Qualifying regs : 10 mins. Pit lane open for tyre change, must use pit lane.
    Start Time : QUALIFYING 8:10 EDST / Race Start : 8:20 EDST (Sydney Time)
    Room Host : stucar170773
    Back Up Host : TBWilliams
    Room Captain/s : Stu / TB / dj2ca
    Streamer : Medomonen

Track list
    Meet n Greet - 7th Feb
    Round 1 - 14th Feb - Laguna Seca - 1/6/2021 - LAPS 29
    Qual - 2pm - Med Cloud
    Race Start - 3pm - Light Cloud / Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race

ROUND 2 - 21st Feb -
    Sugo (Wet / Dry round) - 8/6/2021 - Laps 30
    Qual
    - 2pm Overcast
    Race Start - 3pm - Light rain / Med cloud / Light cloud / Clear

ROUND 3 -
    28th Feb - Long Beach (Night Race) - 15/6/2021 - Laps 31
    Qual - 6pm Light cloud
    Race Start
    - 7pm - Light Cloud / Clear / Light cloud / Med cloud

ROUND 4 - 7th March -
    Fuji (Sprint Round) - 22/6/2021
    Qual - 2pm - Med Cloud
    RACE 1 -
    3pm - 14 Laps - Med Cloud / Clear

RACE 2 - 4pm - 15 Laps (lap 1 formation lap) - Light Cloud / Med Cloud
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO

ROUND 5 - 14th March -
    Donnington Short - 29/6/2021 - Laps 37
    Qual
    - 2pm - Heavy Cloud
    Race Start - 3pm - Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear / Med Cloud

ROUND 6 - 21st March - Hockenheim GP (ENDURO) - 6/7/2021 - Laps 45
    Qual - 2pm - Hazy
    Race Start
    - 3pm - Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear / Med Cloud

ROUND 7 - 28th March -
    Bathurst - 1/12/2021 - Laps 20
    Qual - 2pm - Clear
    Race Start - 3pm - Clear / Light Cloud / Clear / Med Cloud

DIVISION 1
    PROVISIONAL
    Starting Grid

1. Downshift_389
    2. TT13092504
    3. Stucar17
    4. Brettwant7
    5. Kart_no_1
    6. T_B_Williams
    7. AOCleaner
    8. Benny11169
    9. The_Missile
    10. Aryin2000
    11. Disturboed
    12. Sparkygod
    13. Brenticles
    14. Dj2ca
    15. Slambobagen
    16. Prodigy
    17 - STREAM HOST @(Medomonen) Blake T
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, huge apologies for taking this long to get this sorted.... Ive been looking for that extra day in the week with no success !

The meet and greet will be on the 7th Feb, so NEXT sunday night.
    At this stage we will have 3 divs, unless we get extra entries which may be possible given the ACC online is currently broken.
    With just on 40 entries we will make 3 divs work, however we will fill div 1 (within reason) because @(Medomonen) Blake T will be streaming again. A fullish grid is desirable for that, so will probably look at 14 cars for div 1 and split the rest.

I will be sorting the divs in the next few hours... Hopefully we get a few more entries, so if you know someone that was keen or thinking about it, make sure you give them a push !

ALSO, we are still trying to get the prize draws sorted from season 12, 13 and last years gold members draw.
    We are on it and have prizes ready to be sent out when we can get the draws sorted. @anon now has all the lists he needs, so as soon as he can get time to make the draw happen we will let you all know.
    Anthonyb and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I think there has been some kind of mistake somehow I've ended up in this div. Do you want to check you got this right:eek:
    dj2ca and AOCleaner74 like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, i have round 1 scheduled for 14th Feb, which is apparently valentines day ! Who knew !!
    So who is definitely going to be out on a romantic dinner in the hope of fun and frivolity when the lights go out :D? Or are you staying home with the kids throwing food and fighting like normal, looking forward to locking the door in the mancave for an hour of racing, in the realization that you didnt do enough practice o_O:cautious::whistling::roflmao: ?

If there are a heap of you unavailable we may postpone an extra week. If we postpone it means that we run (by 1 week) into the school holidays which will create issues in itself.

Thoughts
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Happy to keep as is, but will work either way.

you cant escape, deal has been done.
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I wont be able to make that week as we are away, but there is a chance I will miss the following 2 weeks also.....
  7. Anthonyb

Married with kids. you do the math
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Haha I was thinking the same thing when I noticed last night. That's ok we will form our own club #backmarkers
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    im sure you guys will be fine...
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Track list is up guys in the OP.
    Hope you all have a great season, should be some great racing, great little car and pretty easy to race close.

Any major issues let me or Ad2mny know.
    Stu
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good race On Sunday night guys....At least i had a better than expected night !
    Qualy did a 32:2 i think which put me 4th on the grid, Slambo made us all look ordinary again with a stupid fast time first night back o_O:eek::confused::unsure:. Well done on pole, only half a second up the road !

Race start and i slotted in behind me old sparring partner @Kart-No-1 ... I managed to get through turns 1 and 2 ok, however did notice a bit of carnage behind on the exit of T2.... I wasnt hit by anyone, but was a close thing as i checked up trying not to hit kart who was on my right. From there was just a case of sitting in behind and keeping my tyres in decent knick, as i knew i didnt have the pace to race Slambo or TT... Stayed within a second for about 20 odd laps before i got a run out of the corkscrew and made a pass into turn 10. From there was able to pull away a little and kart pitted on the next lap. I knew that TT had pitted Earlier and he was only about 12 seconds behind me, so i knew i was in 3rd. Pitted about lap 24, and had 6 seconds on Kart and turbo i think, so cruised home for a lucky 3rd place. Overall a good race for me, i think once people get used to racing close in this car there should be some good battles right through the field. Well done to Slambo and TT on the top steps, too fast this week.
    Shame @(Medomonen) Blake T had the tech issues with the stream, hopefully all good for the round at Sugo, should be a cracker in the wet.
    Stu
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  13. Anthonyb

14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What a friggen race..... good job guys

Qual i was .3 off my PB which would have still only put me 2nd after Disturboed threw it on pole with a 28:0 ..... Awesome lap mate. So lining up 4th, was not too bad with a 28:5. Race start and i got a cracker, up to 2nd after @AOCleaner74 forgot to put it in gear or something ! The next 10 laps were epic, i made a mistake at turn 3 which let teammate @Prodigy302 through, but the 4 of us, with TT right behind had a cracking battle. On about lap 5 TT had a crack up the inside at the chicane, i had to miss contact by driving to the right of the chicane exit... If you want the stewards group to look at that @Thomas Cole just let us know. That cost a little time, but within a lap was on the back of prodigy again who was doing all he could to get past Turbo..

On about lap 7 Prodigy got a wheel in the grass on the entry to turn 2, and it was all she wrote for him, all i saw was my team mate sideways and luckily for me, i zagged right and missed him .... From there on lap 8 i was back to .2 behind turbo who pitted at the end of lap 9.... Hindsight is a :):):):) of a thing, because i want 1 lap longer, and the overcut was enough for Turbo to stay ahead for the remainder of the race. When i exited, i was about 4 seconds behind, and slowly made gains, but never enough to really threaten.... If i had have pitted same lap then would have been a battle to the end.

Well done Turbo on your first Div 1 win, solid drive mate. TT another podium, and with Slambo uncharacteristically down the order the table will be close going into the twilihght race at Long Beach.

Thanks to @(Medomonen) Blake T for the stream, great to have you back on board again.
    Hopefully we have a fuller grid for round 3 this week.
    Stu
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done turbo for the win, and podium.
    My race was a shocker after a week of ACC it took me awhile to get into a pcars rythem, couldn’t get a lap together in qauli,
    Race start got a blinder of a launch was 3 maybe 4 wide into turn 1 got squeezed onto the grass into the Braking zone. And then ballsed it up and took out AO sorry again mate,
    I continued to struggle in the wet, but once the track dries out and on slicks I was away, happy to salvage 6th
    Will be on for a little more practice for the long beach ;)
  17. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    So stoked to have nabbed my first Div 1 win, what a race it was.
    Quali started off well, first timed lap was a 1:28.6, and my second lap after the tyres had completely warmed up was a 1:28.0 which was my PB after setting a 1:28.1 in practice earlier in the day. I tried to keep going and maybe crack into the 27's and was up on my time here and there, but just couldn't quite get the whole lap together with the tyres slowly dropping away. Amazed to gap P2 by 3 tenths.

Race time and it was all about the start. I got away cleanly, but not perfect as @AOCleaner74 missed the start so I got a break into T1 as the pack squabbled behind me. It wasn't long though before Stu, Prodigy & TT had caught me up and started to apply the pressure. My pace in the full wet wasn't fantastic, but I had just enough to hold off some pretty spirited challenges from Stu & also Prodigy including a couple of side by side battles through T1, 2 & 3 and also T4, 5 & 6. Fantastic racing.

I noticed on lap 7 the rain stopped about halfway through the lap so was contemplating when to pit for the slicks. I was thinking about ducking in at the end of lap 8, but decided last minute to stay out one more as it was still wet around the majority of the track. I noticed the front left getting a bit warm through the lap so decided this was it, and with Stu right on my tail, I dived in at the end of lap 9 whilst he and others continued on. It turned out to be exactly the right time as the track had dried in a few spots and the slicks took the advantage as @stucar17 pitted the following lap, he emerged nearly 4 seconds behind me after being right on me when i pitted.

From there i just tried to manage the gap without burning the tyres up too much, I had much better pace in the dry and was much more comfortable. Only some very minor mistakes on my part led Stu to get within 2 seconds, but I eeked it back out to 3 by the closing laps and there it remained at the finish!

Gratz to stu & TT for the podium positions, and bad luck to Prodigy for the spin in the wet. All you guys pushed me very hard!

Onto Long Beach!
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  19. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So what happened in the race?
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Absolutely nothing. There was some issues with PSN (apparently) that prevented some games (like PC2) getting online. We couldn't create lobbies or even browse for public races.

Very sad state of affairs.