PS4 ACC Car Setups

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Aug 20, 2020.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

2. b3nje909

b3nje909 Rookie

I bought the Coach Dave setups for the 991ii.
    Mainly because I thought "why not?"
    I also thought it could help me understand some of the fundamentals behind setups.
    ACC is severely lacking in the information side of things in regards to what does what. I get it it's a simulation, and if you wanna tinker with your car you should probably understand some basic mechanical principles, but at the same time I feel they could of provided abit more.

I'm definitely not a proficient enough driver to get every last 10th out of a setup, I do feel the Porsche is abit more planted (most of the setups appear to stiffen the backend). But that could also be me getting more used to driving it. I found the biggest aid was reducing the engine map. 8 is just too much power for me on corner exit, and requires too much finesse. 2 is nice and smooth and I rarely spin out now.

Of all the setups I've entered so far (they really need to allow you to copy setups....) Imola felt the best for me. Just smooth, responsive, stable.

I may buy more setups, probably for the 720 when my V2 steering arrives.
  3. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

See the above video. The recent update has tweaked the aero and your setups will need to be adjusted
    bvracing_59 and Aza2672 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wish I seen this thread before the race lol.
    garyw61 and JJ_Penguin like this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

check out Aris.Drives on youtube if you haven't already Benji, he's a game developer & he talks about everything & what it does very well, you just need some patience as he loves to talk
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

7. Bruise19

Bruise19 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Bruise19
    Imagine how quick you’d be if you spent time setting up the car. JJ, look out.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    He must've hit Post Reply before he finished the sentence.
    "...the beers in a row for the race, to keep fluids topped up"
    garyw61, BURRADOGG and JJ_Penguin like this.